If Only Love Had Found Us First

Chapter Two - The Way House

Frank's P.O.V.

Gerard stood up from the step he was sitting on, wiping the remains of eraser and pencil shavings off his pants. His notebook lay beside him on the ground, it's pages flipping helplessly in the wind. Gerard shot the paper a dirty look, as if to make it stop. It didn't. Sighing, he picked it up, turning towards me once more.

"You comin' in, kid?" He asked. I nodded my head shyly, following the older man through the door.

The house was amazing. Posters of bands and festivals covered the walls, along with multicoloured fabric samples. A beat-up couch sat in the middle of the room, facing a small, thirteen inch television covered in stickers. A thin layer of dust covered the screen, excluding the 'Mikey sucks' traced into the bottom left corner. The carpet was the blandest part of the room, and even it was decorated with rugs and mats of every pattern you could imagine. The whole place just had a warm, peaceful atmosphere. That was, until Gerard broke it in half.

"MIKEY!" He shouted down the hall. "MIKEY, YOUR GODDAMN BOYFRIEND IS HERE!" A few loud bangs came back in response, and eventually Mikey's tall but tiny body appeared at the end of the hall. He gave me a shy smile, scowled at his brother.

"Oh fuck off, Gee," He rolled his eyes. "Anyways, Frank, my room?" Gerard scoffed.

"Of course that's where you want him."

"You're calling
me the whore?"

"Don't fucking start."

I stood there, somewhat frozen. The urge to get popcorn rushed through my brain as I watched the soap opera in front of me unfold. In seconds, I had managed to tune out from their useless bickering. I thought about everything that had happened to me today; new school, new friend. My brain smiled as I recalled sitting under the tree with Mikey, just hanging out, not a care in the world. For a second, I could forget about everything. I could forget about my Mom, my Dad. It was my own little world, just me and Mikey, and it was perfect.

"Frank?" Mikey waved his hand in front of my face, rudely pulling me from my thoughts.

"Hm?"

"I said, did you want to hang out in my room until the pizza gets here?"

"Oh, uhm, sure," I said, shaking the trance out of my head. Mikey nodded simply and walked down the hall, opening the very last door. His room resembled the living room very closely. More posters were strewn across the unpainted walls, though this time they were of more specific bands: Anthrax, Morrisey, and The Misfits. A small, banged up stereo was playing in the corner, on top of a pile of comics. His bed was covered in sheets of all different colours and patterns, from Superman to tiny pink flowers. Under the bed lay a few magazines, only their corners sticking out. Obviously, they were Mikey's 'hidden stash'. Noticing me looking, he dashed across the room, tripping over a pair of jeans, and kicked them under his bed.

"Those are just some, uhm, music magazines," He mumbled, blushing profusely. I laughed at him, causing a pillow to fly at my head. It hit me in the eye. "Oh, so that's how it's gonna be!" I picked the Spiderman pillow back up, chucking it at his face. We continued on like that, for at least twenty minutes; until Mikey fell over, that is. I did a little victory dance, shaking my ass directly in his face. The door to Mikey's room opened, and a grossed-out looking Gerard walked in.

"So... Uhm," He studdered, obviously disgusted by seeing someone shake their ass in his brother's face. "The uh, pizza's here. If you're hungry." Shaking his head one last time, he stepped back out the door and down the hall to the kitchen. Mikey's face shook slightly, before full-on collapsing into laughter. I joined in, and we sat there, laughing so hard it was painful, until the pizza got cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
How many ways can I apologize...? I am so sorry the update took this long. I'm not going to make excuses, but I will tell you that I did have a reason, and I hope to start updating on a reglular basis as soon as I can.
Thanks for sticking with this, if you subscribed.