Some Secrets Were Meant to Be Told

Some Secrets Were Meant to be Told

It was one in the morning here at the Essex County Asylum, and it was my turn to go into the morgue with Dave Tango. The building was old, and creepy as fuck; so creepy in fact that I honestly didn't want to go inside, Tango or no Tango. The main building itself was several stories tall and very large. The morgue naturally was in the basement, which made it all the better. Tango and I made our way up the path, our flash lights and voice recorders in hand. I had a small digital camera in my back pocket and he had a spare of everything we might need in his.

Tango was wearing his favorite pair of loose fit jeans and his favorite pair of brown leather shoes. He wore a gray tee shirt under a black zip up collared jacket, and of course his signature hat. I wore my thick soled shoes, similar to Dave's, and a pair of equally loose fitted jeans. My shirt was white and my jacket was black. We walked up the path, our shoulders brushing each other, our breathing slightly labored because of the slight incline of the drive. The camera crew were behind us, their camera's off until we reached the stairs leading down to lower levels of the building.

"Are you ready for this," asked Dave. He looked over at me and gave me a smile.

I looked from him to the dark building in front of us and replied, "Yeah. I have to be."

"It's not that bad."

"I'm sure it's not."

Let me get something out of the way. I'm in love with Dave Tango. I've had a crush on him since the day we met, all through my training, and still now when we're working in the field together. I wasn't sure how he felt about me, but just as long as we were working together tonight I don't mind. Sometimes it was a little distracting to be with him while we worked on an investigation... my secret almost came out a couple of times amongst the other members. I'm sure the only person who knows about how I feel is Steve Gonsalves, another team member and the tech manager. He was like an older brother to me and I loved him like one. I told him most of my secrets and his was no exception. I was afraid of this secret. I was afraid that Grant and Jay would find out and disprove of it. I was afraid that Kris, Amy, or Brian would find out and I would be ridiculed for it. Thankfully Steve hasn't told anyone, and he helped me somewhat with coping with it.

We had reached the entrance to the building and Tango opened the door, "Ladies first."

"Thanks." Stepping inside I waited for everyone to pile in while turning on my flashlight and looking around. If I said it once I'll say it again, the building was creepy. With the lights out, it gave the place a scary horror movie feel about it, like something was waiting around every corner, just ready to pounce on you and devour your soul. I jumped when Dave put his hand on my shoulder.

"You're going to wrong way."

I hadn't realized I was moving, "Oh."

Following Dave and the crew we made it to the top of the stairs where the cameras were turned on and we were ready. "This place is so cool." Dave said so the camera crew could work on audio and stuff.

"I don't like it. It's too creepy."

"Yeah, I can see that." We made our way down the stairs and then we got the beginning of the hallway, "The morgue is at the end."

"Fun."

Dave laughed and we walked down the hallway, him in front of me, me close enough to him to grab onto him if I had to. Our footsteps echoed in the hallway making it sound like there were a hundred of us, and I couldn't help but think of Charles Dickens's use of echo for foreshadowing:

But, there were other echoes, from a distance, that rumbled menacingly in the corner all through this space of time. And it was now, ... that they began to have an awful sound, as of a great storm ... with a dreadful sea rising."

"Emily? Hello? Earth to Emily?"

"What?" I sort of snapped back to it, and found that we were at the morgue entrance.

"We're here, space cadet."

"Sorry."

"What were you thinking about?"

"Dickens."

"What?"

"Yeah."

"You're so lame."

"It happens."

We entered the dark room and stood in front of the freezers, "So here we are."

"Yes, here we are."

"You want to do some EVP work?"

"Yeah."

Pulling out the small recording device, I pressed record, "This is Emily Task and Dave Tango in the morgue, one twenty five in the morning."

"Is there anyone here with us?" asked Dave.

"Are there many of you?"

"Can you give us a name?"

"If you're here, can you bang on something? Let us know where you are?"

We were quiet for a moment then a soft tapping sound came behind us, "What the hell?" Dave looked around for the source of the sound but didn't find anything.

"If that was you tapping, can you do it again? Can you be louder?"

The tapping started again, louder and on the freezer behind us. My skin crawled and I grabbed on to Tango's arm, "Shit." I jumped.

"If that was you could to do something else?"

We waited for a minute, then I felt the back of my hair move as someone breathed on me. I let out a scream and my grip on Dave tightened. "Not cool, not cool, not cool!"

"What?"

"Someone just fucking breathed on me."

"Breathed on you?"

"Yes."

Dave wrapped his arm around me and held me close. We stood there looking around my breathing fast from adrenaline, then the walkie went off, "Dave, Emily. We're ready."

Dave grabbed the walkie from one of the crew and replied, "Okay. Emily and I are going to stay in the morgue for a couple of seconds though. We've got activity down here."

"Okay. Use the EVP."

"We shall."

The crew took the talkie back. I turned on the flashlight and moved away from Dave as he convinced them to leave us alone, saying that the spirit would be more receptive if they weren't there.They gave Dave the walkie and left the room. We waited to hear them on the stairs before talking.

"Dave this is stupid, we should go and help them load up."

"We've got a lead, come on," Dave walked over to the freezer and opened one of the doors so he could sit down. Using one of the slabs, he rested on his knees and opened the other door for me. I sat down and we continued asking the spirit questions. Dave asked him to tap things again and this time it came from inside the freezer. Feeling a little braver, I laid back in the small space and listened. Dave did the same and closed his door a little. I did the same and we both laid there quietly.

"There's no one in here." Dave said.

"No shit."

"No I mean there's not spirit in here. Steve and I already checked."

"Oh."

It was dark inside the freezer. Movement came from my right and I knew the Dave was moving. I felt his hand touch my arm and I stopped breathing. I felt him roll onto his side and loomed over me. I could see the outline of his head in the blackness of the freezer and was surprised to find it really close. I could feel his breath on my face, and I fought back a shudder.

"I've never told this to anyone, Emma," he said, "But I really like you."

"What?"

"I like you."

I didn't get the chance to respond. His lips touched mine and all was gone. We kissed and it was intense. My hands found his arms and moved up them, the sound of my skin rubbing the wind proof material filled the small space making it almost deafening. His hand ran up my side and back down over my stomach. My hands went down to his chest, moving down to his stomach then around and back up his back. He worked his way back up my body, reaching the top of my jacket and pulling down the zipper. I pulled away but he kept going.

"Don't worry," he said, "We've got loads of time." When I didn't say anything he replied, "If you don't want to do this, let me know."

"Do what? What are we doing?"

Even though I couldn't see his face, I knew he was smiling. He was that kind of guy. He leaned back down and kissed me, our hands fumbling in the darkness, his removing my jacket mine helping him. It wasn't until his hands slipped under my shirt did I finally realize how far he wanted to take this.

"Whoa, wait a minute." I said.

"What?"

"I don't know about this."

"Do you want to stop?"

I thought about it. My body screamed no. It was tight, it was ready, it wanted him. "No."

I could feel the smile in the dark again before we started kissing again. I unzipped his jacket and took it off of him, running my hands over his arms loving the feeling of his smooth skin. My fingers slipped under his shirt and ran up his smooth chest, over his nipples which hardened under my tips. I bunched the material up and pulled the shirt off of him and threw it somewhere on his side of the freezer. He pulled my shirt off and did the same, I could hear the fabric hit the slab with a soft puff sound. His hands ran over my chest and over my bra, he could feel my hardened nipples under the foam cups. The freezer hadn't been in use for years, but it was still cold as hell; thank god I was lying on my jacket. He went to the back of the bra and unclasped it quickly, eager to get it off. The moment he did his right hand cupped my left breast while his mouth cupped my right. I gasped, my toes curling in my shoes, I racked my nails down his back. I loved the way his tongue flicked across my skin and the way his teeth softly nipped at me. Our next move was to relieve each other of our denim encasement. Together we undid the others buttons and unzipped the others zipper and pulled the pants down. He let my bosom be for a moment, giving him complete focus on pulling my pants and panties down. I pulled his and his boxers down, both of us leaving the bunched material around our knees.

Dave took the time to roll off and look for his jacket, I heard the sound of foil and a snap of elastic before he rolled back on me. I felt his latex covered member pressed against me and I wanted it. "Are you ready?"

I nodded and he entered me, causing me to cry out. He pulled out slowly and repeated the movement and I gasped. He slowly picked up speed and I helped him keep the rhythm by meeting him half way with my hips. His lips were at my lips, but moved to my neck. There he moved down to my collar bone where he bit, sucked, and licked at my skin, bruising me, marking me. I moaned every time his teeth bit my skin covered bone. My nails scratched at his back, as I dragged them lightly down his skin. His speed continued to gain until he had me moaning with pleasure.

My orgasm was hard to keep quiet as the pleasure was way too much to bare. My moans sounded like whimpers as I tried to muffle them. I wanted to call out his name as loud as I could, but instead I whispered his name into the darkness, letting him know that he was doing a great job.

"Dave, keep going, oh God, keep going."

"I'm so close."

"I know. Same."

He increased his speed as we both worked to our climaxes. Our cries came quicker, our breathing increased, and soon we both gasped as pure pleasure overwhelmed us. Together we road out our climaxes, and we just stayed there for a few seconds. I could feel his breath on my face and was glad that his breathing was a fast as mine. I leaned up and kissed him, and he kissed back, running his hands through my hair. As we kissed the walkie- talkie went off and my heart stopped beating.

"Dave, Emily. You ready?"

Dave reached for the communication device, "Yeah, give us a sec to wrap up."

"Okay, we'll be out front."

I let Dave move first. He rolled off of me and we gathered our clothing and moved to the entrance of the freezer. Turning on the flashlight, we got dressed as quickly as we could, and we made our way back up to the vans where Steve, Jay, and Grant were waiting.

"What the hell took you guys so long," asked Steve.

"We were having some really cool moments down there," I said, "We didn't want to break the connection."

Steve, Grant, and Jay didn't say anything, just exchanging a glance. Dave and I took our seats in the second van and waited for Steve to climb in. Pulling out of the drive way, he followed Grant and Jay back to the hotel.

I was in my hotel room, packing, getting ready to leave, when a knock came at my door. Looking through the eye hole, I saw Steve on the other side. Opening the door I smiled at him, but didn't get one in return. "What's up Steve?"

"May I come in?"

"Sure."

He came in and I shut the door. "What did you and Dave do down in the morgue?"

"We were working with EVP."

"Are you sure?"

I paused, not sure where he was going with this, "Yeah."

"Then what's this?"

Steve pulled out a recorder, and pressed play.

"Dave, keep going, oh God, keep going."

"I'm so close."

"I know-"


Steve hit another button and the tape stopped. My face was fire engine red as I stared hard at the floor. Steve walked up to me and said, "Next time you want to have sex without anyone knowing.... Make sure you're not recording it." Taking my hand, he handed me the tape and closed my fingers around it. "Some nice moments though," he said before he left the room, "With the spirit, not with Tango."

I smiled, and he patted my shoulder before officially leaving my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been meaning to write this for a while... I have a huge crush on Dave Tango, and I loved this episode, so I hope you enjoyed it.

Please comment. :D