Status: Working on the second chapter. This is only going to have two chapters.

Babysitting

Chapter one

Two adults, one man and one woman, smiled at the two girls on the blood red couch as they explained they job they wanted the girls to do. Their smiles seemed to be excited; the girls thought they were excited to dump their children and leave the girls to take care of them.

"I'm delighted that you girls are going to baby sit our children, I'm sure they'll be perfect angels for you."the woman said a little bit too rushed.

The girl with short dirty blond hair nodded, seeming a bit freaked about by the family's huge smiles, but the oblivious girl with dark brown hair and blue eyes, just sat there and smiled, dumbly.

The man grabbed his jacket in one quick hurried motion and didn't bother to put it on until he was halfway out the door, "In case of an emergency, our cell phone numbers are on the fridge and the neighbors are home next door, but I don't think there will be any trouble."

The woman hurriedly explained that they needed to fix dinner for the kids and they needed to read them a bedtime story. The girls nodded, growing anxious with each request and soon the two adults left saying their goodbyes to the children and then to the girls, slamming the door.

Then the woman opened the door again and said,
"Thank you girls so much."

Once the woman closed the door, the girl with the dirty blond hair and green eyes stood up, "Alright kiddies, I'm Ashley and the one over there is Sierra."

At the sound of her name, the other girl with long brown hair with blond highlights looked up from her daze, her lively blue eyes coming back to reality, "Huh?"

Ashley rolled her eyes, but directed her attention to the three children, "So, what do you want to do first?"

The two boys shrugged and the girl piped up, shouting in Ashley's face, "WE'RE HUNGRY!"

Ashley glared at the girl and mumbled, "That's a nice set of lungs you got there, kid."

Sierra immediately jumped up, and started begging, "Can I fix the food? Please Ashley?! Please! Oh, please!"

Ashley was about to say no when Sierra flung herself onto Ashley's leg and latched on, still begging.

"Alright, alright! Just leave me alone," Ashley mumbled to her.

With that, Sierra cheered, let go of her leg, landed with a thud onto the ground, scrambled to get up, and ran to the kitchen all in one weird, klutzy looking motion.

Ashley sighed and shook her head at the antics of her odd friend when one of the little boys tugged on her jeans. The boy looked to be about nine years old. He had dirty blond hair and bright green eyes that seemed to have a hint of mischief in them.

"We want to play a board game! Come on," the boy said, pulling her over to where the other two kids had set up a board game.

When Ashley got a closer look at it, she realized it was Monopoly, but it was the littlest pet shop version. All the little animal-ish bobble-heads stared up at her with big, innocent eyes.

"I hope we get paid a lot for this job," Ashley mumbled, glaring at the little toys.

"Are you going to play or are you going to keep staring?" asked the little girl with what looked to be an attempt at a sneer.

Ashley shrugged and sat cross legged on the floor. The kids' evil smiles seemed to drip with malice as they stared at her. Ashley smirked back at them; she would kick butt at this game. And guess what made it even better? The kids picked the game so if they got beat, it was their fault, not hers.

***
Sierra was dancing around the kitchen, trying to look like she knew what she was doing, but truthfully, she had no idea what she was doing. She was just picking out what looked good and threw whatever it was in the microwave. Her way of determining if it was edible was if it exploded, don't serve it, but if it doesn't explode, it must be safe.

Everything Sierra put in microwave so far seemed to explode so she continued to search the fridge and cabinets to see if there was anything that seemed simple enough to cook.

Suddenly, her hand hit a box, knocking it over.

She picked it up and grinned, "I know how to fix this!"

With that she opened the box and was greeted by the smell of Fruit Loops. Her grin grew wider as she found the bowls and set them on the counter. Sierra poured cereal into three bowls and then, with the cereal box still in her right hand, opened the fridge with her left hand. She looked in and to her unhappiness; saw that there was no milk. Frustrated, Sierra threw the box of fruity cereal to the wall and slammed the fridge door.

"Sierra," she heard Ashley say, "What did you just do?!"

"Um," Sierra said, looking at the box on the floor, "Nothing! I'm cleaning it up! DON'T KILL ME!"

She dove to the ground trying to pick up the remains of the once, colorful cereal.

Sierra's eyes widened and she started screaming, "I MURDERED THEM! I DIDN'T EVEN GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO LIVE! I'M A FREAKING MURDERER!"

Just then, she heard someone scream, "I HATE THIS STUPID GAME," and then a crash of several pieces getting thrown against a wall.

Sierra walked into the living room to see Ashley practically fuming.

"Um, what happened?" Sierra asked timidly.

"These brats cheated!"

Then there was a chorus of "did not!"

"Liars! Then where did you get all those hundreds?! You guys are cheating hoe bags," Ashley screamed at the kids, who have probably never heard of the term 'hoe bags.'

Sierra blinked and said, "How do you know the monopoly fairy didn't give them the money, huh?"

Ashley snapped her head towards the brunette with a glare, but otherwise said nothing.

"THERE IS SUCH A THING AS THE MONOPOLY FAIRY! MY MOMMY TOLD ME SO!" Sierra screamed before running off into a random room and slamming the door.

Ashley stared at the door with an exasperated look.

"Why did the crazy chick have to go into my room," the little girl asked, clearly annoyed.

"Why did we get stuck with physco babysitters?" asked the boy with the dirty blond hair.

All were good questions that nobody seemed to have an answer to.

Suddenly, the door opened again to reveal a very happy Sierra.

"Come on, guys! Let's play hide and seek," She bellowed, practically radiating with happiness.

The kids stared at her with freaked out stares, but Sierra ignored them.

Ashley groaned, why did she have to play another game with those cheating hoe bags?

"Well, do you want to play hide and seek or not?!" Sierra asked, clearly annoyed getting no answer.

The children cheered at the mere mention of their favorite game.

"You're it! Count to 100," Sierra and the kids screeched at Ashley while pointing.

Ashley glared at them, but she sat on the couch, closed her eyes, and started counting.

***

"96, 97, 98, 99, 100! Ready or not, here I come," Ashley yelled while opening her eyes.

Ashley got up from her spot on the couch and began looking around. A noise brought her attention to Sierra, standing there with a lamp shade on her head.

"I found you," Ashley told Sierra, poking her.

"Lamp," Sierra yelled, completely ignoring Ashley.

"What the heck!? I said that I found you! You're it," Ashley yelled at Sierra

"LAMP," Sierra screeched, even louder than before.

Ashley covered her ears and yelled, "I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING, YOU FREAK!?"

"I'm not supposed to tell Ashley. LAMP," Sierra whispered and suddenly raised her voice once again.

"I'm not Ashley," said the girl, who was clearly Ashley.

"Oh, then who are you?" Sierra asked, lifting the lampshade of her head.

"Edward Cullen! I'm Stephenie Meyers' lame excuse for a vampire. Rawr," said Ashley-I mean Edward Cullen, carefully pulling a fake mustache out of her/his pocket.

Sierra's eyes narrowed, "How do I know if you're the real Edward Cullen?"

"I can prove it!"

"How?" Sierra asked, thoroughly confused.

"I love Bella Swan; she's the only thing I have to live for. If it wasn't for her, I would've probably killed myself by now. I'm so glad she chose me instead of that dog that she calls Jacob. Insert the rest of the gross 'I love Bella' rant here. Oh and Ashley doesn't have a mustache." Ashley- no wait, Edward explained to Sierra, pointing at the mustache that was place on his/her face.

"I guess you're not really Ashley," Sierra mumbled thoughtfully.

"Yeah, so what were you doing?" asked Edward/Ashley.

"I'm making a sound like a lamp," Sierra whispered to who she thought to be Edward.

"A lamp doesn't make a sound," Edward/Ashley whispered back.

"That's what they want you to think!" Sierra whispered back, winking.

"Yeah, okay. Hey, do you want to see a magic trick?" Ashley/Edward asked the girl.

"Of course!" Sierra yelled.

Ashley pulled off the fake mustache, "I'm not really Edward! I'm Ashley! You're it!"

Sierra gaped as Ashley ran off somewhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 1,562
Yeah, this is over 1,000 words and I'm still not done with it. This is going to be a two shot...hooray?
What do you think of it? Bad? Horrible? Okay? Good?
I'd love a comment or two.