Status: Active.

The Rabble

Going To Jared's

“Evan, come on!” Natalie called from the front door. They were supposed to be at Jared’s house thirty minutes ago. Natalie rolled her eyes; Evan was no doubt studying for finals.

Before leaving, Natalie insulted him one more time through the screen door, “I hope you fail!”

This was happening more and more often. With Evan’s constant studying and their mom gone more and more often Natalie felt alone more then she ever has. There was only a week left of school and then it will be summer. Hopefully a good summer, Natalie thought.

A car pulled up a little ahead of her, but it was still running. Natalie stopped and looked around- no one else was on the sidewalk. Most families are at home, spending time with their kids on the weekend. Soon the door opened and stepped out was a familiar face: Mason Wright, the brother of the adopted Lien.

“Care for a ride to Jared’s?” Mason asked, leaning on his car. “I’m taking Lien.”

Natalie nodded; relieved she wouldn’t be in the car with just Mason. He sped off quickly down the road passing only a few cars.

“Good morning!” Lien chimed.

“Hello, Li! How’s kitty?” Natalie asked about Jin, Lien’s cat she took in.

“Good, good. Where’s Evan? You usually never see you without him.”

“Studying, what else.”

Lien laughed as Mason stopped in front of Jared’s house. Natalie rushed out while the two talked for a little while longer. Jared walked out, looking at the car suspiciously. He pointed at it.

“Who’s that?”

“Mason and Lien,”

Jared made a face, “Where's Evan? He’s always with you.”

“Evan is at home, studying. You know, like always.”

Before Natalie made it inside Jared stepped in front of her.

“Everything is cool at home, right?”

Natalie pushed him aside politely, “Of course Jared.”

Jared scoffed quietly and walked inside his house, with Natalie trailing behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow it feels like that took foreverrrr! i hoped you liked it.
comment and all that good stuff.

@authors: make any edits and stuff you see. its kind of rushed since i have to leave in like one second.

xoxo
Cassi