Status: Active.

The Rabble

The Bat Signal

“How dare you!” cried Davin dramatically as he, Bethy, and Janine came through the front door. Everyone else had been simply talking amongst themselves about possible things to do that night and certainly did not expect three semi-crazy people to barge in.

“You all are having a party without us,” said Bethy as she pretended to sob into her brother’s shoulder. “And we thought you loved us!” Janine stared at the duo much the same way the others were and shook her head in disappointment as she walked over to Jade and Lien before sitting down.

“Voodoo dolls,” she pointed to the wood in Jade’s hand. “Cool.”

“You’re trying to kill us too?” Asked Davin. He carefully removed his sister’s head from his shoulder and sat down next to Michael. “I told you Bethy, they don’t love us.”

“What kind of craziness are you talking about?” asked Mason. “And aren’t you supposed to be the quiet one?” He pointed to Bethy who just smiled and shrugged as if the huge difference in her personality was absolutely nothing.

“I think they’re off their meds.” Said Janine when she picked up one of the dolls Jade was working on but was rewarded with a slap to the hand and an "are you crazy?" look.

“No,” said Davin. “We were just really bored and just happened to find Janine walking all by her lonesome right down the street and she just looked so pathetic we thought we’d come over here and show her to you all. Although she does seem better now.” He cocked his head to the side and sighed as if that was the worst thing that had ever happened to him.

“Grrr,” said Janine only half paying attention since she was too busy staring at Jade's work. “So what’s going on over here? I think Bethy was right and you are having a party without us.” Her gaze lifted up from the pieces of wood and she looked around the room suspiciously before becoming entranced again.

“Of course not!” said Lien, “we were just about to call you.” That was a complete lie, they were too caught up in their discussion to even remember that three of their friends were no where to be found.

“Yeah,” said Jared, “we just couldn’t find the phone.” He placed his empty beer can on the table, right next to the cordless phone. “Look I found it!” He yelled as he picked up the phone and held it out as if it were Simba from the Lion King.

“You are terrible!” Natalie said as she threw a random piece of trash and managed to hit him in the head. “You know you can’t reach them by phone, you have to use the bat signal.” She said it as if it were the most obvious thing ever and Davin, Bethy, and Janine groaned. They lived right next door to each other in this hell-hole called a town and more often than not they came to any gathering together. This soon developed into a sick inside joke that only a few people thought was funny or even understood.

Basically the whole thing started after a really strange and unplanned costume coincidence that ended up scarring the trio for life.

“Batman,” said Mason and pointed toward Davin who slapped him upside the head.

“Robin,” Michael pointed to Bethy but didn’t make eye contact. Properly a good idea.

“And Batgirl,” Jade waved her hand over Janine’s head and didn’t seem to mind the evil glare that was sent her way.

“Change of subject!” Yelled Bethy suddenly, causing everyone in the room to break out in hysterical laughter. “Anyway,” she said annoyed. “What were you talking about before our grand entrance?”

“Just about what we’re going to do tonight,” said Lien. “So far we’ve come up with-“ she picked up a piece of paper that was lying beside her and pretended to count the ideas. “Nothing.”

“The park,” said Davin with a gleam in his eye. No one else knew what he meant, but Bethy did.

“The park?” asked Mason, “at midnight?” He didn’t sound all too comfortable with that idea but that was properly because he thought it was too dangerous for Lien.

“Yeah, it’s Friday and everyone knows that a random band plays in the gazebo every Friday night,” said Bethy and Natalie nodded in approval.

“It’s true, though I’ve never actually been.” She said but there was definitely a light bulb shinning above her head.

“Then what are we still doing here?” asked Janine as she stood up and grabbed the beer from Michael who had practically downed the entire six-pack by himself. “No more alcohol!” she said loudly and he glared at her as if she had just shaved his head.

“Knock it off and come on!” yelled Lien and the duo noticed that they were the only ones still in the room, while everyone else was waiting right outside the door.

“Creepy” they said at the same time and followed their friends out into the night.