‹ Prequel: Dark Eyed Dreamers
Status: Finished

I've Never Told A Lie

Jasey Rae.

Jasey Rae POV

I attended Towson University while working for Bittersweet magazine ad the photographer. I know it's a stupid decision to associate myself with music after Jack, but with our relationship, my love of music grew and I can't escape it now.

But I loved my job. I got to meet some really cool bands like Redemption, Never Forever, Run For Cover, Ever Know, and Crossroads of Fate, and I met my boyfriend, Jake, who was the drummer in Bring Back Tomorrow, and we were in a steady 3-month relationship.

Nothing could screw my life up again. So I thought.

--

I came in with my coffee and my camera, like always. Except someone jumped on my back.

"Hiya Jello!" Zayden squealed from my back.

"Zayden, get off now." I said sternly and he did just that.

"How'd you know it was me?" he whined.

"Your voice and the fact that no one calls me Jello, but you." I pointed out.

Just then, Jack walked in, looking pissed. His hair was light brown and just as messy as ever. He had on a white v-neck, a gray beanie, black skinny jeans, and black Converses.

"Jasey Rae?" he asked.

"Yeah." I replied. He sighed.

"Can you just show us to the photographer so we can get out of here?" he asked.

"I am the photographer." I said pointedly, holding up my camera.

"Figures." he sighed.

"That's what I thought." I said bitterly.

"Boys, could I have a moment alone with Jasey Rae?" Jack asked. They all backed out of the room.

"Let me just say how sorry I am. I really am sorry. Please for give me." he apologized, looking at me pathetically.

"No, I don't. And even if I did, what good would it do you? I have a boyfriend, a job, I'm two months into my first year of college, and I don't need you in my life anymore." I explained.

"Boyfriend?" he snarled.

"Yes, you might know him. Jake Matthews, drummer of Bring Back Tomorrow, ring any bells?" I replied.

"He's an asshole!" Jack snapped, throwing his hands up.

"Look who's fucking talking! You cheated on me and then left." I cried.

"You know, if you hadn't been such a prude, I wouldn't have done that. And I've tried so many times to apologize to you and I get nothing! And you know our album coming out next week? Every song is about you! Do you realize that? I missed you, Jasey Rae Thomas!" he almost yelled.

"You know what, it doesn't even matter." I whispered.

"You're right, it doesn't. Why don't we just get this over with and we never have to see each other again?" he suggested.

"Good." I snapped.

"Good." he snapped back and I strutted off.

"Jase, wait." he whispered, grabbing my arm and pulling me to him.

"What?" I snapped.

"You look great." he whispered. I slapped his cheek.

"You've got some real nerve!" I fumed. He hung his head.

I laughed at the poses the boys chose. One with Jack holding Zayden and Zach and Rick sitting at Jack's feet, one standing on their heads, one of them flashing peace and love signs, one of them just standing there, one of them all laying on top of each other, and one of them pointing to the camera.

"You guys sure?" I asked and they all nodded.

"Alright." I sighed. We'd gotten to the fourth pose and things weren't going well. "Jack." I started. He looked up hopefully.

"Yes, Jasey Rae?" he asked.

"Either smile or make a face. You're ruining the shoot." I smiled. I could tell he wasn't into it, which didn't phase me.

We got done quickly and I promised to have their copies back by the end of the week so we could meet, decide which were the best pictures and they'd be put in this month's issue.

"Hey, Jasey Rae, can I talk to you a sec?" Zayden asked seriously. Zayden, serious? Something was wrong.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked.

"How have you been?" he asked.

"Great. I've started at Towson and I met a great guy through work." I smiled.

"Really? Who?" he asked, seeming interested.

"Jake from Bring Back Tomorrow." I replied.

"That asshole? I honestly thought you could pick better men, Jasey Rae." Zayden said seriously.

"Ugh! Why does everyone keep saying that?" I cried in frustration.

"Cuz it's true! Haven't you heard what he does to girls?" Zayden asked.

"No. Enlighten me, Oh Wise One." I said sarcastically.

"Well, let's just say you may not be able to walk away when it's over." he warned.

"What are you talking about?" I asked cluelessly.

"He abuses girls. He's done that in the past. But who knows? Maybe he changed for you. Jack did." Zayden said.

"Jack changed all right. Only to turn back to his old ways, get drunk, and cheat on me!" I ranted.

"He apologized. We all did." Zayden pointed out.

"You guys didn't do anything. He broke my heart and left it broken. Do know how that felt?" I said.

"Yeah, I do. It hurt when you broke up with me for Jack. Now you know how I feel." Zayden whispered.

"Zayden, I'm sorry about that." I whispered.

"It's fine. Things with Alicia are going great." he said.

"Awesome. I'm glad my best friend has someone like you. Come here." I smiled and held out my arms for a hug.

"What the hell?" someone asked. I turned around and saw Jake.

"Hey Jake." I smiled and went to hug him. He pushed me off roughly.

"What the hell were you doing, hugging that guy?" he snapped.

"It meant nothing! We're just friends and he has a girlfriend, who also happens to be my best friend. I would never do anything like that." I cried.

"Sure, and I'm Janet Jackson. Now let's go." he snapped, shoving me on the back so that I stumbled forward and fell on my face.

"Get up." Jake spat.

"Jasey Rae, I think I forgot-" Jack started but trailed off when he saw Jake and me.

"Jay, what happened? You." he whispered, glaring at Jake.

"You want a piece of me, Evers?" Jake snapped.

"No, Matthews, I want the whole damn thing." Jack snapped back.

"Stop, you guys." I whispered weakly.

"Jasey Rae!" They said at the same time.

"You know what? I'm outta here. Have fun being a fucking slut." Jake snapped and walked off.

"Jase, you okay?" Jack asked.

"No." I whimpered.

"Oh my God." he whispered. he helped me up and into his arms. "Shh, it's okay. I'm here." he whispered, rubbing my back gently.

"Jack, you were right! I'm sorry!" I sobbed.

"It's okay. I didn't expect you to believe me of all people, but I hoped you would." he whispered.

"Zayden said it, too." I whispered.

"He's right, you know." he whispered back.

"I know! What should I do?" I asked.

"Break up with him." Jack stated.

"I can't." I said weakly.

"And why the fuck not?" he asked.

"I love him." I whispered.

"He's hurting you and you won't break up with him because you love him? Wow, Jasey Rae. That has to be the most masochistic thing I've ever heard." Jack snapped.

"Well, what if he hurts me more?" I asked.

"I'd protect you and so would the guys. We love you, Jasey Rae. We don't want to see him beat you up." Jack whispered.

"Thanks." I whispered back and hugged him.

"Am I forgiven?" he asked.

"You're earning your Brownie points." I smiled.

"But I don't want Brownie points! I want my Jasey!" he whined.

"Okay, you're forgiven!" I laughed.

"Yay! Thank you!" he smiled. I walked off.

"Hey. At least think about breaking up with him. It's the best thing for you to do. I wouldn't suggest it if that weren't the case." he said.

"Thanks Jack." I smiled and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
You want it, you get it.

Give me fucking comment action! I want to be verbally felt up! Nah, just kidding.

But seriously, comment! I am running on less than an hour of sleep and I ain't happy!