Status: completed.

I Make Them Almost Good Girls Go Bad

One-shot.

I closed my locker shut, after leaving my equipment there, except for one tool. I didn’t need anything else to have lunch. I grabbed my keys and headed out the lockers room to meet my mates.

I entered the bar and grabbed a pan, sliding it and filling it up with the food I was going to engulf. I spotted James and Morrison sitting on a table with Cameron, Johnson and Brown. Cameron saw me and smirked on my way. He liked me, no one ever told me, but it was obnoxiously obvious. Though I preferred to play the oblivious card. I paid and went to sit with the boys.

I had always wondered why there were only five women, including me, in this department. Was L.A. that dangerous? Did it have that amount of crime that no girl wanted to fight it off? Well, I was ready to eradicate it.

A drug dealer killed my parents when I was 14, right in front of me, just because they didn’t got enough money. He was either too wise or too insane to let me live. Compassion got over him, maybe, but not me. I was adopted by one of my parent’s friends, and I started studying law. I got in this department and I got that drug dealer. He recognized my face and I told him that he should have regretted letting me go alive. Since then I’ve been working here. I’ve seen people die, I’ve seen people cry, I’ve seen people kill, and I’ve seen people get very ill. I’ve also seen that, that sentence, rhymed.

“Alice, how was last night at the ghettos?” Morrison asked me.

“Well, the back ups took too long, but we had them already gathered and tied up.” I explained.

“Oh, dear Alice, that’s not fun. Tell them the whole story.” Brown insisted. He was there last night so he knew exactly what happened; it amused him a lot.

“Okay, if you find it boring, tell me, I’ll stop willingly.” I said unenthusiastically, while rolling my eyes. Then I began telling my story.

[Flashback]

“Come on, everyone at once.” I whispered, ordering my team to stay quiet and wait for my signal.

I was dressed as a pizza deliverer, because the apartment where we had to go and arrest the bad guys, ordered two pizzas.

I stood in front of the door, my team, around the corner of the hallway. I rang the bell. The door opened and there stood a tall, around his twenty’s, black man. He was a member of the gang we were seeking, I recognized him from a picture.

“Hello, Pizza Hut at the time!” I said pretending to be the deliverer. I think I failed, but he bought it anyways.

“Okay, let me get my money…” The moment he turned around I dropped the pizza boxes to the floor and put my arms around his neck, holding my hand in his mouth, preventing a call of help to his friends.

“Shut up and you won’t get hurt.” I told him. He nodded frantically.

I stepped back a bit and stuck my head out of the door’s frame. My team saw me, and they came and grabbed the man, shutting him up and tying him up as well.

I ordered some of my partners to follow me, and we pulled out our guns, we might need it. I looked at them and signaled them that when I ended counting to three, they would jump and tell all the people there to stay frozen, while I went straight on the hallway, looking for someone else.

I counted to three with my hands and they did as they were told by me, I went straight and there was a bathroom but no one was there. Another door, closed. I didn’t open it then, I would do it later. I called the back ups and told them that every one was tied up already, but when I was doing so, a man burst into the hallway from the closed door. I ran after him, and jumped onto his back, and we fell to the ground. I smashed his head on the floor once, and told him to stay where he was, but he pushed me aside, and tried to get up, but I grabbed his leg and he fell forward, hitting his head, for the second time.

“I told you, to stay, you didn’t obey me, you pissed me off.” I said, while dragging him to the bathroom. “Now you’ll see what happens when you don’t do as I say.” I ended.
I tied his hand and feet, after some struggling and put him on the bath tub.

“Alice, what are you doing?” I heard Brown ask from behind me.

“He didn’t obey.” I explained.

“You can’t do that. The chief Anderson is going to get mad at you, again.” He warned. I turned around to him.

“Do I have a face like I care?” I snapped at him.

“No, I don’t think so.” He said.

“Good.” I ended the conversation and resumed to what I was doing. He was now lying in the tub. “Now what you prefer cold or hot?” I asked the man. He just mumbled because of the cloth he had in his mouth, his eyes wide. “I’ll take that as cold.” I turned the cold water on and it hit his face and chest.

I grabbed a towel and dried my hands, and I put my gloves back on.

As I was heading out the apartment, I saw detective Smith enter.

“Where is the one left, Jones? You said there were ten, we’ve only counted nine.” He spat at me, using my surname.

“He decided to take a shower.” I simply stated, and left.

As I was leaving the building I heard Smith yell after me, using my surname again. I exited the building with a smirk plastered on my face.

[End Flashback]

“Awesome!” Cameron exclaimed as he and the others laughed hard.

“I don’t find it that funny.” I said, with a serious face. I think that only made them laugh harder. James even fell to the floor. I continued eating.

[Flash Forward: a day]

I was in my desk, looking at the blank computer screen. I had nothing else to do. I heard footsteps.

“Jones, I heard about the incident of the shower. I don’t like that at all.” Chief Anderson, my boss, told me.

“Well, he got a bit wet, so what? It’s not like he is a cat, nor he is allergic to water, am I wrong?” I asked ironically.

“Alice, stop doing that kind of things, detective Smith follows all your cases because of that.” He explained, while sitting on my desk.

“And as I can see, I don’t give a-“ I started, but he cut me off.

“I know, I know. I have a case, and I need you. We need a woman to do this. I’ve asked the others, but they all said that you should do it.” He told me.

“That’s not a praise, they told you that I should do it because probably, it’s too dirty, dangerous, low rated or whatever. Why are they even here? They should be working as secretaries.” I said.

“Some times, you’re just too immature.” Anderson sighed.

“Doesn’t it make me interesting?” I said, a goofy grin on my mouth. He chuckled. You don’t make your boss chuckle all the time. I should have recorded it.

“Okay, here it goes.” He started. “Lana, you know, our mole in the crime of this city…” he said a bit sarcastically. “has told us that there’s something going on in a shop’s basement, that they do illegal parties there, gambling, drug dealing and prostituting.”

“Wow. Sounds big fun.” I commented. He glared at me. I shut up.

“Okay, I need you to infiltrate in one of those parties, and I want you to investigate what they do there. If anything is out of limit, send us a text, and the back ups will come. Then just walk out. Better if they don’t see you.” He ended.

“First of all, I don’t care if criminals see my face. I can defend myself.” He rolled his eyes.” And second, I hope the back ups don’t take so long that when they arrive the party is already over.” It was my turn to roll eyes now.

“Don’t worry about that, you’ll text James and Morrison, they’ll be out the shop, waiting for anything to happen.

“Okay, I’ll do it.” I said.

“Oh, another thing.” He added. “You’ll have a contact in there. She’s known as Cass, short of Cassandra, she’ll come to you.”

“Uhm, okay. But, why?” I asked.

“She knows people, and the DJ is also her contact and yours, he’ll have your gun and he’ll give it to you in, because Lana’s told us that they check before you enter.” He explained.

“Wow, over protective much?” I murmured.

[Flash Forward: the hour of the intrusion]

Anderson told me it was kind of a night club, so I understood how I was supposed to go dressed if I didn’t want all the attention on me; or all of it.

I was dressed with a dark blue strapless sequined tank top, that was kind of baggy, and a short, short black skirt, those that are loose, not straight. My hair was tied up on a loose ponytail and it was wavy. And chocolate brown. Just adding that there. I didn’t had a lot of make up on. Just the essential. A light base, some black eye shadow, to highlight my brown eyes, black eye liner, and a light red lipstick. The heels were killing me.

I met Lana in the sidewalk on the opposite side of the shop.

“Hey Lana.” I greeted her.

“Hey.” She looked at me. “That’s the shop. The owner is called, Gabe, I think. I’ve seen a lot of people dressed like party enter and I don’t find it usual.” She said smirking.

“Well, let’s enter and see. You coming?” I asked.

“Yes, you’ll need me. The owner has already seen me with some people he knows, so maybe that’ll help.” She explained. I nodded. “Oh, and try to look sexy, or whatever, they like that.” She added. I raised an eyebrow.

“And how do you know that?” She laughed nervously.

“It’s cold, we should get going.” I shook my head at that.

We entered and it looked like a regular shop. I examined the place and my eyes fell on the counter. A guy with white Ray Ban glasses was looking at me and smirking. I remembered what Lana told me and I smiled seductively to him. He winked at me. I heard Lana call after me and I saw that she was waiting for me on a back door, with another guy. I took one last glance at the guy on the counter and followed Lana. Behind the door there were stairs that lead to the basement. I heard loud music. A party was on. I had to find my contact.

“Lana!” I yelled over the music.

“What!” She yelled.

“I’ll text you if anything!” I told her. She nodded and put on thumb up. Next she went down the stairs and got lost in between the people.

I went down as well. I looked around. There was a lot of people down there. I spotted a roulette and some tables with poker cards on it and some were occupied people were playing with money. I saw the DJ’s cabin up in a little stage on the corner of the basement. And the music was loud. I saw a girl approach me. She extended her hand to me.

“I’m Cass!” She yelled.

“Oh, hey. I’m Alice!” I yelled back.

“I know!” She smiled brightly. She was a bit taller than me, not a lot though, you had to watch close to see it. She had short dark brown hair, and light brown eyes, I think. I could barely see them.

We danced while I examined the place, and the people. I didn’t see drug dealing. Nor prostituting. I saw gambling, and illegal bets and all, but not those two things.
I lost Cass for a few minutes, but then she appeared next to me, and told me to follow her. I did as I was told and she led me to a table. Around it there were seated some people, and one of them was the guy of the counter. Maybe he was the owner.

“Alice, these are Gabe…” I didn’t need to hear anymore than that.

“Nice to meet you all!” I yelled over the music.

I saw that Gabe made room for me next to him. I could take advantage of that. I sat down beside him and really close to him. I saw him smirk. Cass sat across from me.
We drank and talked. Another thing. They sold alcohol to underage people.

After some time, Gabe whispered something to me.

“Why don’t we go to a more private room, without people, noise or music?” He said in a low voice. I knew what to do.

“Ok, better there.” I whispered back. I texted Cass. Gabe saw it, but we used like a code. The text I sent her read: “are your friends coming?” As in, call the back up, so there was no problem.

I followed him to a door at the end of the basement, and he opened it. It was another room. It had a chair, a desk, it looked like an office.

“What do you do here?” I asked him.

“It’s just the office where we count money and stuff.” He said. “but that’s not our case, is it?” He asked as he approached me seductively. I have to admit it, he wasn’t quite bad, but I was on a mission.

I snapped out of my trance when he got me pinned up against the wall next to the door, his hot breath on my neck.

“Alice, you’re going to enter in wonderland.” He said originally, note the sarcasm.

I faked a smile. He started sucking on my neck, and nibbling lightly. Then he made a trail of sloppy kisses until reaching my jawbone. He then smirked and kissed me full on the lips. I couldn’t resist. I put both my hands up to his hair. I intertwined my fingers behind his head and pulled him closer. His hand roamed my legs and thighs. Just as he was pulling my skirt up I heard the door open wide.

The back up entered.

“Stay away! One step back!” He obliged. “Hands on the back of your head!” He obliged again.

I saw one of the cops approach me and give me a jacket and a gun. I saw Gabe looking at me. Then they dragged him outside, but before he stepped out the room, he winked at me. Such a silly guy.

I stayed inside. The detective asked me questions and also the chief. They would clean everything up later.

I went to the main room, the big part of the basement. Cass was waiting there.

“Let’s go.” She told me, smiling.

We went up the stairs, Cass in front of me, and she went outside to the police trucks. I followed her, and before I took another step. I stood in front of Gabe, caressed his cheek and winked at him. He laughed. I resumed my way and went to Cass’s car.

I loved my job.
♠ ♠ ♠
If any mistake, blame my Spanish origin.