Moonlight and Red Wine

The Chosen One.

The Lucky One.

There's only supposed to be one each generation but what the story does't tell you is there are others born. Others who get thrown into the world but as they grow up, the calling doesn't come to them. It could be because they're not ready, maybe they wouldn't make it. Maybe fate has other plans for them? No one knows.

All I know is, fate found me.

Ever since I was a kid, I knew what was real, even when the adults told me they didn't exist.

At age 12, that's when I was brought to LA, adopted by the Harris family but it wasn't much of a constellation prize. Xander became my best friend. Then Rupert Giles, he watched out for me even though Buffy was the Chosen One. I was younger than her by a lot but they were the only friends I had.

Then I met Angel and Spike. I started to hang out with the vampires more than the humans, wanting to be like them. But Angel said I couldn't, it was something Druscilla said before she died again, that I was important. And crazy as she was, she was right.

Now that I was 21, Xander now 26, things have changed. I trained with Giles and Buffy since I was 15 but now, now I was the Slayer. Buffy, Dawn, Willow, and Giles all had to leave LA, the States. They couldn't stay, they just had to leave. No one knows where they are, they just call every now and then. Help out when they can. Last I heard was they were somewhere in Europe and that was from Xander.

Xander still doesn't really like vampires but they've saved him more times than I can count. I think it's mainly because I'm dating Angel and Buffy dated him before. It's just the whole heartbreak thing, I guess.

Or it could be that fact that Angel has up and moving to a small town in Washington. Forks, I think it is or something like that. He didn't really say, all he told us was he had a case to work on and an old friend who needed his help. I was even pissed about that, the not knowing since I had to leave my dance studio job and the whole private eye type thing with Angel just because Angel had to follow this case.