Moonlight and Red Wine

Attraction

Screaming.
Blood.
Pain.


Images were floating around my head as I tried to get them out but couldn't. I sat up with a start as I caught my breath, clothes stuck to me as I rested my head in my hands.

"Bad dream?" I heard a familiar female voice to the side of me as I looked to see Buffy sitting in a chair next to me, "She's getting closer."
"Is that why you're here?" I questioned as I ran a hand through my hair.
"No," She sat on the edge of the chair, "I wanted to come to talk to you personally."
"About?" I questioned as I turned to look at her.
"Giles told us everything. About how you were hurt, the attack, Carlisle, everything."
"So you know?"
"Yeah," She smiled lightly as I nodded when there was a silence, "How are you doing?"
"Ok," I shrugged as I settled back into the bed, "Trying to make sense of everything yet and wishing I was hurt."
"I wish you the best recovery," She smiled lightly as I looked up at her.
"How come Angel or Xander didn't come."
"They're working on some things," She shifted as she stood up to pace a bit.
"What? You know, I'm not made of glass, you can tell me anything. I mean if you're back with Angel, then I'm not going to die."
"Oh, no I'm not," She looked at me quickly, "I'm seeing someone else."
"Really? Who?" I questioned.
"Xander," She smiled at the name as I couldn't help but smile.
"He's always loved you, you know that right?"
"I know," She nodded as she got silent again.
"What?"
"Angel loves you to death," She looked at me, "I mean he loved me but not like this."
"What are you trying to say?"
"He doesn't want to see anything happen to you," She started as she chose her words carefully, "He doesn't want to hurt you anymore."
"And?"
"He's sorry but he can't be there for you right now."
"Why?" I asked feeling my heart break as she looked at me.
"There's complications," She shrugged, "I don't know. He wouldn't explain it to me completely."
"Oh."
"I'm sorry Deegan," Buffy sat next to me as I tried to brush off the tears when Buffy hugged me.

There was a sound at the door as Buffy broke away from me as she turned to see Edward standing in the doorway as she smiled.

"Someone's here to see you," She smirked towards me as she stood up from her spot, "I'll leave you two alone."
"Thanks," I smiled at her as Edward walked in with black roses and oriental lilies which happened to be my favorite with a smile on his face.

"Thanks but how did you-" I started as Buffy headed to the door.
"I told him," She smiled before she lefted, "I'll see you later."

"She's going back," Edward looked at me as I nodded.
"I know, she can't stay too long here," I smiled as he sat next to me.
"How are you?"
"Ok," I shrugged as he picked up on the sadness in my voice.
"What are you thinking about?"
"How I can't dance for a while," I shrugged.
"That's not all."
"It doesn't matter," I looked at Edward.
"Why won't you let me read your thoughts?"
"Because technically if I do," I looked at him, "Then you'll be able to find me anywhere. And I happen to like having that bit of privacy."
"Will you ever?" He questioned.
"Maybe," I smirked as he smiled at me.

"You know would be totally awesome."
"What?" He asked as my smile grew.
"If you could get me out of here. I swear my own four walls are driving me insane."
"I figured you'd say that," He smiled as he helped me out of bed as I balanced myself on my two feet with the new boot cast for a second.
"Thank god, it's not a plaster cast," I sighed looking down, "I so didn't want to use crutches."
"Come on," Edward smiled as he lead me to the door as I followed him.

The stairs turned out to be a bit of a task since it took a while to get down them which I was silently cursing for having right now. The sun was shining brightly as I looked out the windows as I looked towards the back of Edward.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he stopped to look at me.
"To get you out of the house a while," He smiled as my heart fluttered for a second.
"But it's sunny outside," I looked at him, "People will notice."
"Who said anything about people?" He smirked as he helped me off the last stair then out to his car.

Rosalie and Emmett had been gone so I didn't have to go through a million different questions about where I was going or when I'd be back. It liked the warmth that fell onto my skin as Edward drove his car down the long never-ending back roads up the hill of what felt like a mountain.

Suddenly his car came to a stop as he got out of the car then went around to help me out of the car door. I took a look around my surroundings as my eyes fell on Edward's frame that was at the edge of the cliff, overlooking the town below. Sure I've seen him and his family in the sunlight but each time, it was always breathtaking. The way he sparkled like a diamond with each ray of the sun catching him.

I must've been staring too long since I caught his smirk as he was facing me now.

"What?"
"I just can't get used to you in the sunlight," I looked at him speechless, "I'm used to the whole vampire not going out in the sunlight or being drained of their ability, resulting in just staying out of the direct sunlight for the most part."
"Is that a good thing?" He asked as he walked closer to me.
"Yeah, I guess," I shrugged with a smile, "I mean it is a nice day out."
"It is."
"So," I started as I looked at the town below us, "How's Bella?"
"You're asking about Bella now?"
"I guess. I mean I haven't seen her since she nearly cut her finger off."
"She's ok," Edward chuckled as I nodded.
"Is that where you were before you came to see me?"
"Yes," He spoke slowly as I nodded again.
"I see."
"You're jealous?" Edward cocked his head to the side as I shook mine.
"No, of course not. Where'd you get an idea like that?"
"You're tone of voice," He smirked which I wished he'd stop doing, "What are you thinking?"
"That it's annoying you keep asking me that," I rolled my eyes as I moved closer to him.
"I'm sorry I just don't know what you're thinking," He watched my eyes as I thought for second.
"You don't need to," I whispered as I got closer to him, our bodies were mere centimeters from each other as I leant up on my toes to his lips, "Tell me what I'm thinking."

My breath left in a small whisper as our lips were so close, I could feel the coldness come off his body as my breath caught in my throat. As the space was so close to closing between us, a passing car rushed by in which Edward moved his body away from the sight of whoever might've been in the car.

"I should get you back," Edward mumbled as I hung my head then got in the car.

It was a silent ride back to my house as I didn't dare to even look at Edward. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I could stop myself anymore. It was like something inside of me was coming out, something I couldn't stop every time I was around him. The boy drove me crazy, yet he still didn't know it.

As I got out of the car, I made sure to slam his door as he drove off in a hurry as I was a bit upset for some odd reason.

The rest of the night went by too quickly, I spent it thinking, but trying to keep my mind occupied. It wasn't working needless to say. Then everytime I tried to get some rest, I kept seeing images of blood, screams, Harmony. It was pointless to try to sleep.

By time 2 am hit, I gave up on sleeping altogether as I walked past the room where Rosalie and Emmett were staying as I headed down to the kitchen slowly. As I got to the bottom of the stairs, I could hear rustling in the kitchen, then clanging of cups as I grabbed a dagger off the table as I made my way through the kitchen.

As I approached, the figure stood there, as I was about to attack when I noticed the platinum blond hair, black trench coat, and the thin figure.

"Spike?" I questioned as he stopped to look at me with a cheeky grin, "What are you doing? And in my house of all places?"
"Buffy and Angel sent me."
"Wow a baby sitter," I rolled my eyes as I sat the dagger down and walked over to him, "How'd you get in?"
"Angel gave me a key," He placed me the silver key as I sighed.
"Figures," I sat down to look at him as he watched me.
"They sent me because they know how close she is and so do you."
"Doesn't mean that you'll be able to stop her again when she tries to kill me."
"You need the help," He pointed out, "The Cullens don't know what or who they're up against."
"Carlisle, maybe?" I shrugged as Spike nodded.
"The stories maybe," He leant over the counter towards me, "But they don't know what she's capable of. I'm afraid that's just you and me sweetheart."
"I guess you're staying for a while then, huh?" I gave him a look as he chuckled.
"Now we're on the same page."