Moonlight and Red Wine

Thoughts

I was placed in car with a blindfold over my eyes as Emmett held me in place in the back of Carlisle's car.

"I swear if you wanted to get rid of me, all you had to do was say so," I mentioned as I heard laughter around me.
"We're not getting rid of you," Carlisle mentioned as I felt the car turn.
"Then what's up with the blindfold?"
"It's a surprise," I could hear the smile echo off Emmett's voice as I let out my sigh.
"I would've rolled my eyes but that seems pointless since you couldn't see it."
"We're almost there," Carlisle chuckled to himself.

Soon after, I felt the car come to a smooth stop as I heard doors opening, then someone help me out of the car. As I was being lead down the direction of wherever I was going, I heard doors open as I was stopped.

"Ok, can I take this thing off now?" I questioned as I stood there.
"Go ahead," I heard Carlisle agree as Emmett took off the blindfold for me.

Adjusting to the dim light, I took in my surroundings. I was in a dance studio, an empty dance studio at that.

"Um," I started as I looked at them.
"It's yours," Carlisle let out a smile as I looked shocked at him, "This is your dance studio."
"How?" I questioned then I shook my head, "I mean why? Doesn't it cost a lot?"
"Don't worry about it," He smiled, "You said you needed a dance space."
"You didn't have to go and buy one," I looked at him as I walked across the room.
"You don't like it?"
"No, I love it," I shook my head as I looked back at him, "But I haven't known you that long and it's just-"
"I wanted to," He stopped me, "I want you to be happy in this life."
"So you admit that Alice's visions are true?" I questioned as I looked at myself in the mirror.
"I want you to have something you can hold onto from this life if it happens."
"Thank you," I smiled at him, "I really mean it. Thank you so much, Carlisle."

I hugged him quickly as he smiled and I checked it out with Emmett as Carlisle stood next to Esme.

"I just wish she'd call me dad," He sighed as Esme gave him a light smile.
"She's still got to get used to it. Give her time."
"I just hope it doesn't happen too late."
"She loves you Carlisle," She smiled at him, "Even though she may not admit it, you've meant the world to her since she was 6. You've been her superhero since that moment ou saved her. She doesn't hate you."
"Thank you," He smiled as he watched me and Emmett explore the dance studio for a while.

In all honesty, I loved the dance studio to death. I just didn't think Carlisle needed to buy it since I didn't want him to prove his love to me. He didn't have to. Sure he wasn't there like a normal parent but what normal child is a half vampire and then turns out to be the slayer? Yeah, so not your average emo-esque teenager. Hell not even your average college student. Which is why I found it hard to express things sometimes.

Once we all got back home, I headed back to my room in which I wound down for the night, working on ab and arm excerises just to get in shape since I couldn't really dance. I knew it was getting late but since no one really slept then it didn't matter since time seemed to keep moving on.

As I listened to some Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, I heard a noise to the side of me as I went to stretch out a bit.

"Hello Edward."
"Bella jumps when I do that," Edward smirked as I rolled my eyes pulling myself up onto my bed.
"I'm not Bella," I brought my legs up onto the bed, "In case you forgot, I'm used to vampires."
"I didn't forget."
"Hmm," I nodded as he pulled up the chair closer to my bed as he watched me.
"Are you going to let me in on your secrets?"
"I'm thinking," I looked at him out of the corner of my eye, "I'm not sure if I want to let you in just yet."
"And why not? Don't you trust me?"
"I do but I'm a dark person," I looked at him fully, "It's not the prettiest place in my head."
"You're talking to someone who was supposed to die a while ago and you think you're thoughts are dark?"
"They're thoughts Edward," I rolled my eyes looking out the window, "You couldn't even imagine half the things I've seen."
"Try me," He pushed as I swung my legs off the bed to walk towards the window.
"When I was a kid, I dreamt of being a dancer. Going places, teaching others dance, hearing my name whispered from people's lips as I passed by about what I could do," I crossed my arms across my body as I looked at the darkness, "But it never happened that way. I've always been like the darkness, I draw people in but they can't find their way out."
"I want to be able to know that."
"Do you really?" I turned to face him, "I mean because everytime you're around me you mention Bella."
"You mention being a slayer everytime you're around me," He countered as I rolled my eyes but went to sit back on the bed.
"Well played," I mumbled as I put my hands next to my sides as I took a deep breath.

"Tell me what I'm thinking," I looked at him seriously.
"I can't," He started as a smile played across my lips.
"Yes you can," I looked directly into his eyes, "Do it."

As I watched him for a second, I could tell by the twitch in his eyes that he seen something.

"You really do love Carlisle," Edward looked at me as I nodded then got a questioned look on his face, "He's your Batman?"
"Yeah."
"What do you mean? Usually girls want their fathers to be superman."
"I'm not most girls," I smiled at him, "Besides I always thought Superman was so boring. Hiding behind glasses and no one knew who he was. But Batman, he had that mystery, he wasn't always the hero, he had that gracefulness. Then Bruce Wayne, it was just the other part that made him human, he could relate to the everyday person."
"But Carlisle does have abilities."
"Yeah," I nodded, "But when he first protected me, I didn't get his name, he wouldn't let anyone harm me and yet he could still charm a room."
"You're also scared of losing this all."
"Put yourself in my shoes," I nodded at him, "I finally found a place that welcomes me, despite what I am, I feel welcome."
"There's still a lot of cloudiness," He watched me as I sighed.
"There's some things I don't want anyone to know about."
"Fair enough."

"So," I started, "Do you remember anything about being human?"
"No," He shook his head, "The longer you've been a vampire, the more those memories fade."
"So that's why Carlisle wanted me to have the dance studio?"
"Not entirely," Edward looked at me, "Alice's vision could still change."
"What if it doesn't?" I looked at him, "Would you hate me for making that choice?"
"No, but I don't recommend it."
"I have my reasons why," I looked at him as the room got silent for a second.
"You're afraid of closed in spaces?" Edward chuckled.
"What's so funny about that?" I glared at him.
"People believe that vampires still sleep in coffins," He smirked, "And if they knew you were living with them, they'd think you're crazy."
"Already do," I smiled at him.

Soon after, my open mind let topics started to flow as I learnt alot about Edward as he learnt everything about me. Which in turn, he talked about his life as a vampire, what he's seen, how he eats. How he differs from the ones I normally stake.

"Have you ever flown?" Edward asked as I shook my head.
"A plane, yeah but other than that, no."
"Come on," He stuck out his hand, "I promise I don't bite."
"Funny," I smirked as I took his hand as he threw me over his back.
"Hold on," He whispered as I felt the ground leave me feet as we moved through the open window and out into the dark forest.

Coming to a stop on the trees, I took in everything. How it felt and looked so different then during the day or from the ground. My concentration was broken by a howl in the distance.

"Why exactly didn't Carlisle want me to go to La Push that day?"
"Cullens aren't allowed to set foot on Quileute land."
"But no knew I was related to Carlisle until a while ago. They still don't."
"The Quileutes have a peace treaty with us, we stay off their land, they stuff off theirs."
"You know, that makes no sense whatsoever," I shook my head at them, "That Jacob kid didn't seem too bad."
"Jacob?" He questioned as I rolled my eyes.
"For Bella, no offense or anything," I leant against the branch, "Besides he's way too young for me."
"They had venomous words for you last time."
"The other one," I reminded him, "What's so bad about them?"
"They're werewolves, or what you might know as a skinkwalker in your research."
"Oh," I nodded thinking of how I hate werewolves in the first place, "And they could tell I was a half vampire?"
"Yeah."
"Explains the whole comment he made," I mumbled as I got to thinking, "So does that mean they can go to Harmony?"
"They're more determined to kill our kind."
"She's not really "our" kind,'" I quoted as he let out a chuckle then shivered.
"Cold?"
"Yeah," I nodded pulling my arms closer to my body.
"I forgot you still have warm blood," He snickered as he got up then took me back to the house.

As Edward sat me on the ground, I dimmed my lights but wasn't exactly tired right now.

"I'll let you get some sleep," Edward smiled at me as he headed to the door.
"No," I reached out for his arm as he stopped to look at me.
"I mean, don't go. We could talk or something," I looked at hi m as he half smiled at me.
"You're tired."
"Not too much," I shook my head, "Stay, please?"
"Ok," He nodded as I went to sit on my bed, "But only til you fall asleep."
"I can't sleep," I shrugged as I pulled my knees up to my chest as he sat in front of me.
"I could sing you to sleep."
"No," I shook my head.
"Then what?"
"Tell me what I'm thinking," I looked at him, "I know it's not hard to decode."

I watched as he looked at me as his eyes went wide for a second but I felt a pair of cold lips against mine. My breath caught in my throat as he pulled away letting me catch my breath but I caught his lips again.

Slowly, he pushed me back against the bed as the kiss intensified. He lowered his kisses to my jaw line as I ran a hand through his hair.

"Stop," He mumbled out but neither one of us were.
"Make me," I challenged in a low whisper as I knew something was bound to happen.