Moonlight and Red Wine

Minions

The heat builded between the two of us despite Edward's cold body as his lips found their way down my neck to my collar bone. My back arched and that low sigh escaped my parted lips as he found that weak spot. Slowly I began tugging on his shirt as he brought his kiss back to my lips when he stopped quickly.

"What?" I whispered as I looked into his eyes.
"Esme's coming," He whispered back as he searched my eyes.
"But-"
"It's a pretty awkward position," He smirked down at me as I pouted, "And it's important."
"Ok."
"Sleep well," Edward kissed me one last time.

I nodded as he walked out of the room as Esme smiled at him as she walked into the room as I pulled my legs back up on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" She asked calmly.
"Ok," I shrugged as I pulled my knees up to my chest.
"Carlisle worries about you," She gave me a weak smile.
"I'm fine, really I am."
"He cares about you and hearing you and Spike talk about Harmony, hearing that story, it bothers him."
"I know," I looked down for a second, "It bothers me knowing what could've happened if I wasn't trained properly."
"He knows he can't protect you but he wants to try."
"I know," I smiled at her lightly, "Which I'm grateful for."
"Are you too tired to talk to him?" She questioned as I shrugged.
"No, not really. Why?"
"He's waiting downstairs," She smiled as I unfolded my legs, "He wanted to talk to you alone about everything."
"Ok," I got off the bed to notice my foot, "But what about my ankle? I mean I thought I wasn't supposed to be doing much."
"Oh, I think you'll be just fine," She smiled as I followed her down the stairway to find Carlisle standing there with a new brace.

I got the just of idea as I sat on a chair as Carlisle helped me with the laces and velcro of the brace which reminded me of my gymnastics days. I stood up slowly to put weight on it, finding it helped a lot.

"So? How is it?" Carlisle asked as he looked at my foot as I moved a bit.
"A little tender still, but so much better than that boot thing," I let out a sigh of relief as he smiled at me.
"Come on," He motioned with his head, "Let's go for a walk."

I followed him out the door to the forest as I found it easier to keep up with him than what normal people would.

"Have you thought this thing with Harmony through?" He asked as I stopped to look at him.
"You and I both know there's no other way but to stop her. We can't just move. I just can't move. Wherever I go, she'll find me. She'll stop at nothing and if I'm to stop her, than I have to the same."
"You can't do it alone," He looked at me as I stared him down for a second, "You know you need the help."
"You know this is going to end badly don't you?" I questioned as he looked away, "Carlisle."
"Alice has seen some things," He sighed as he looked back at me, "But they don't have to be that way."
"It's about me becoming one of you isn't it?" I questioned as his eyes gave it away.
"I can't bring you into this life."
"Why? Just give me one good reason."
"Because you're my only flesh and blood daughter I have. I can't lose you."
"I'm already half vampire," I crossed my arms, "You know you're not changing my mind on this subject."
"I know," He looked down then back at me, "You're stubborn just like your mother."
"I'd rather not be lumped in the same category with her right now," I mumbled as I started walking.
"You're right," He kept up with me this time, "You get that from being around Buffy so long."
"It's funny," I smirked as I looked out the corner of my eye at him, "She annoys me half the time but we're totally alike."
"How so?"
"Our personalities are the same, we both have this soft spot for loving vampires, we're both slayers, and sometimes we both dress the same."
"How are you different?"
"I'm the stronger one," I pulled my arms around my body tighter, "Fighting, emotionally, thinking. It's why I was showing traits so young. Not to mention I have a hatred for werewolves but she's ok with them."
"Hate's a strong word."
"So is betrayl," I gave him a soft smile, "There's nothing worse than being stabbed in your back by someone you thought was on your side."
"You won't experience that here," He smiled as we kept walking.

It was nice actually. Getting to talk to him about what I did besides slaying as well. I know he wasn't completely in my life the entire time I was alive but still, it always felt good to have someone actually stop and get to know me. There was just so many layers to me that no one took the time to understand anymore. It was always just about being the slayer, learning about new demons, new techiniques, I was beginning to think I didn't have another life anymore. Maybe that's why Buffy and Giles left with everyone else, maybe I was supposed to experience life on my own for once in my life.

Over the next few weeks, my ankle was pretty much completely healed in which it allowed me to go back to coaching and opening my own dance studio. Then going back to staying in my house with Rosalie and Emmett every now and then as well as Spike.

This night in particular, I had just came home from the dance studio thinking I would be alone for once but there was a new in the driveway. Not just any car but a shiny Volvo. One belonging to a certain vampire who wasn't talking to me since that night a few weeks ago. Glaring at the car as I parked mine, I was aggrivated now that he was here as I opened the car door then slammed it shut.

I did the same thing with the trunk but this time when I looked back at the house, there he stood on the porch, watching me.

"Oh, so it's ok to come talk to me again?" I questioned as I pulled my bags over my shoulder and walked towards him.
"Things got out of hand that night," He spoke softly as I rolled my eyes.
"Edward Cullen changing his mind again. Shocker," I rolled my eyes as he walked towards me to block me from going up the stairs, "Move."
"We need to talk."
"Please move," I glared at him as he didn't budge.
"Deegan, we need to talk about that night."
"What's there to talk about? You love Bella, it was a mistake. Things got out of hand too quickly. I wasn't thinking straight. Have I covered them all for you?"
"It's not that-"
"Then flatter me, Edward. I'm dying for an explaination," I glared as he went to speak again.
"I wanted to-" He started when a noise caught my ear.
"Ssh," I stopped him as I listened.
"You just wanted me to-"
"Will you shut up for a second," I whispered in a snap as I heard rustling next to me as I waited, "Get in the house."
"What? Why?" He watched me.
"I'm surprised you couldn't hear them," I mumbled as I looked back at him, "Do it."
"Wha-"
"Get in the house now," I rushed him into the house as I closed the door behind to me to hear the gang of five vampires banging on the house.

I smirked as the tried to break in the windows but it wasn't working.

"Remind me to thank Angel for that," I smirked as Edward was leaning against the side of the wall as I looked out the small edge.
"Who are they?"
"Harmony's minions," I went through my bag to find the dagger again, "You stay here."
"Me? But you need my help."
"No, I need for you to stay here," I looked at him as I reached for the door.
"Deegan, I can-"
"I'm pissed off at you," I glared at him, "This is my fun for the night. Maybe it'll make me be less pissed so I can talk to you normally."
"You don't have to," He started as a wicked smirk crossed my face.
"You just sit there and watch the show," I opened the door to head outside as I slammed the door in Edward's face.

"Hey idiot minions!" I yelled out to the gang who all looked at me, "Who wants to play?"