Moonlight and Red Wine

Not Dead

"Xander?" I sprung up from my spot as I half couldn't believe that it was him, "Are you real? Or is this a dream?"
"Oh just hug me," He rolled his eyes as I wrapped his arms around him as he laughed, "See, not a dream."
"What are you doing here? I thought you were working on some things in England?" I questioned as I broke away from him as Edward walked towards us.
"He is," Edward mumbled as I rolled my eyes.
"He reads minds."
"Oh," Xander nodded, "Buffy and Angel stayed behind with Oz-"
"Ew."
"I know how you feel about him but he's changed."
"He hasn't apologized," I looked at him.
"Anyways, they're tying up some loose ends there but Carlisle called Giles and figured you could use the extra help."
"Giles is here?"
"Yeah. They're all inside."
"Thanks," I smiled at him as I followed him into the house to the study which was upstairs in our house as Edward followed us.

As I walked into the house, Rosalie looked at me as I smiled at her.

"See, human friends," I held onto Xander's arm as she just shook her head.

As I approached the study, I could hear voices. Wait, voices? Xander did say "they" so who else was all here? I walked through the door to see Dawn and Willow amongs a million books as Giles took his place behind a desk as Spike leant against the wall.

"Will? Dawn?" I smiled at them as Willow smiled back at me.
"Wow, Giles was right," Willow look at me, "Your eyes are all goldy like."
"Did he tell you why?" I questioned.
"I did," Giles nodded, "Carlisle and Emmett filled us in on everything else."
"Well, then," I sat down at a chair, "I guess you're all caught up then."
"We are," Dawn smiled as I looked at them.
"So what's up?"
"We're researching this demon thing that Giles thinks your mom might've been involved with before you born."
"Like intimate?" I scrunched my face.
"No, business," Willow corrected, "It would explain why she was able to survive child birth with you."
"Way to make me feel like a freak," I rolled my eyes.
"Sorry."
"There's also something else," Xander looked at me as I looked back at him.
"What?"
"Come with me."

I followed Xander out the door as he lead me down the hallway as I stopped to look at him.

"What's up?"
"There have been reports of another vampire in these parts."
"Victoria? Carlisle and the Cullens mentioned something about a Victoria."
"No," Xander shook my head, "Dru."
"Druscilla?" I questioned as I looked at him like he was crazy, "Xander, I watched her die with my own two eyes. She can't be alive."
"You also seen Angel die a few times but he's still here."
"It's different," I shook my head as I looked back at him, "Is she back for me?"
"No, she's back for Harmony."
"That is if she is indeed back from the dead, or well grave or whatever," I stopped to think as Xander nodded.
"Giles wants you to go on patrol tonight with someone. Just in case you do stumble across her and we could be wrong."
"With you?"
"I don't know why don't you take that lover boy of yours Edward?" Xander looked at me.
"He's not my lover boy," I snapped as he gave me a look.
"You two looked closer earlier."
"Shut up," I rolled my eyes as him, "You didn't see anything."
"Sure looks like I did."
"Dude, just shut up," I rolled my eyes to head back to do some research.

As night came too quickly after endless hours of looking through old books, my eyes felt like they were going to start bleeding if I didn't get out of the room and soon. Giles noticed as he sat down his book to clear his throat.

"Why don't you take some time off Deegan? Go and patrol."
"You guys sure?" I looked at them as they nodded, "I'll be back."

I headed downstairs to find Alice in the house now as Edward sat at a chair. I grabbed my keys then sighed as I looked at them.

"Come on, Edward, I need your help on patrol tonight."
"Me?"
"No, the other Edward Cullen sitting there," I rolled my eyes, "Hurry up."
"Why?"
"It's hard to explain," I shrugged as I walked towards the door, "Are you coming or not?"
"Sure," He shrugged as he followed me to my car than out the door.

There were a million different people on the street tonight. Edward said it was something about a prom or something so a ton of kids were out on the streets enjoying it. I nodded as I parked next to an old parking lot where my car wouldn't be bothered as I started walking down the street.

"So," I started as Edward was at my side, "About earlier-"
"What?"
"Nothing," I shrugged, "It was just nice. I guess."
"You guess?"
"God," I rolled my eyes, "You know you make things complicated. Almost like I'm having a one sided conversation with myself."
"You're not."
"Then give me more than two words," I stopped as he looked at me then at the crowd.
"I love the challenges you keep giving me."
"Not what I was expecting but it works."

We kept walking in silence when I could hear her voice. That British accent, the crazy words as I shook my head. I wondered if Edward could hear them too?

"You're mind's all clouded," Edward mentioned as I looked at him.
"I'm not doing it," I looked at him, "I swear to you."
"Then who is?"

"I don't know," I shrugged as we started walking when I heard the voice outside my head and knew I wasn't going crazy.

"Well if it isn't my favorite slayer?" I turned to see her smiling at a table as I stopped to look at her.
"Druscilla?"