Moonlight and Red Wine

Patrol

"Do you like it here?" I heard asked from the side of me as we walked up and down the empty streets.
"You're seriously not asking me that question are you?" I half chuckled while shaking my head looking at Edward.
"I am," He smiled slightly as I snickered again.
"Of all things. Here I am, a slayer, walking with a vampire, dating a vampire and you ask if I like it here?"
"It's a logical question."
"Fine," I shrugged, "It's not what I'm used to but it's beautiful here."

I watched as he nodded as we kept walking. The streets only had a few people every now and then but everyone was heading home. It was like the whole town knew not to be out at dark or something. Save for a few people who were still heading to their late shifts or other things.

"So how did you become a Slayer?"
"I was born into it. I didn't chose it, it chose me," I looked forward into the darkness, "Trust me, there are days I wish it never would've chosen me and I could live a normal life."
"Carlisle mentioned that you took the original slayer's place?"
"Yeah," I nodded as I stepped up onto the ledge of the wall, "She went into hiding, things got difficult but I was always being trained with her. Going on the same patrols, everything."
"But you still trust the ones you're supposed to hunt down?"
"Not all vampires are bad, Edward," I smiled down at him, "You should know that. There are a select few who you can trust. Those ones are the ones you have to keep close."
"Angel?"
"Yeah and others," I leaped over a crack, "Plus you haven't given me a reason not to trust you. Just as long as you don't kill me before the night's over."
"Don't worry," He smiled as we kept walking in silence for a few mintues, me on the ledge as he was on the ground.

"Hey, how come all the vampires I meet are always so damned tall?"
"What?" Edward looked at me with a laugh.
"Seriously, I'm supposed to take down you all and you tower over me."
"Maybe all Slayers are just short."
"Funny," I half glared at him as we kept walking.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Sure, what?"
"I've got this gift, or ability," He started as he stuck his hands in his pockets, "I can tell what others are thinking, but you, I can't read your thoughts."
"Not really a question," I looked at him.
"It just it's confusing."
"Slayers can block their minds from anyone," I smiled lightly, "Hide things they don't want others to know. Keep secrets. It's how we're able to keep the balance with the things we've seen."
"I see."
"Doesn't mean it's impossible. A slayer just has to be willing to let someone into their mind."
"So how old is Angel?" Edward asked chaning the subject.
"Old enough," I let out a sigh as there was a silence between the two of us again.

The wind started to blow slightly as I listened to darkness around me. There was nothing around us as I stopped at the end of the wall I made it to which was next to an old cemetary.

"When I was 6, I was kidnapped," I mentioned as I slowly brought myself down to sit on the wall.
"What?" Edward asked.
"It's probably when the whole slayer thing kicked in," I smiled lightly remembering it.
"At 6?" He asked as he leant against the wall next to me.
"Yeah, people don't expect me to remember being kidnapped but I was. There was this guy, he saved me, I don't remember much of him but all I know is that he made me feel safe."
"What happened?"

"My mom, when they still wanted me, she took me out to the mall with some friends. It was like this birthday party thing, they had like all these indoor activities and stuff for us to do while the parents gossiped. My mom let me go off with my friends on something, I was still in eye sight when it happened. This woman, she was beautiful, sweet, different, she called me over to her and then the next thing I know, I'm in this old warehouse in a small room."

"Wow."
"I know," I nodded, "I was there for like 4 days, it was the worst."
"So how'd you escape?"

"My parents went to the police but they weren't doing everything possible to find me. So she went to this guy, a doctor, one who became my doctor til I was 12 after this. Anyway, she went to him, hoping he could help. I remember sitting in this room thinking I was going to die or never see home again, when he came in. He stood in between me and this now apparent group who were trying to take me. He told me he'd keep me safe, that I shouldn't be afraid. And he did. I remember leaving there in his arms, my eyes shielded from whatever was going on around me. Then him bringing me home to my parents. I just wish I could remember this name or more about him."

"So you're parents, where are they now?" Edward asked as I shrugged.
"That's when the slayer started to take over. They found it harder to take care of me or so they claimed. I haven't seen them in forever."
"I'm sorry," Edward looked at me.
"Don't be," I stood up to dust myself off, "It wasn't your fault."
"I didn't mean for you-"
"I opened up to you," I smiled at him lightly, "You're the first person I've ever told that to."
"Thank you."
"Now I trust you with that," I started walking as I heard him follow, "Don't make me not trust you."
"I won't," He smiled as we headed into the cemetary.

Meanwhile back at the house, Xander had been talking to Giles for what seemed like ever as he was finally finishing up this conversation.

"Has she met Carlisle yet?" Giles asked.
"She is right now," Xander nodded.
"Have you told her?"
"No," Xander shook his head, "It's better for her to figure it out on her own."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know it's almost too quiet out here tonight," I mentioned as I walked with Edward.
"It is."
"It's almost like something's bound to happen," I mentioned as I stopped when it got quieter, "Edward?"

I turned around to see that I was alone as I let out an inward groan once I seen a vampire walking towards me.

"Damn it," I mumbled as it approached me with a sinister grin.
"Well well, looks like I got the slayer all to myself."
"Sucks to be you," I looked at him as he laughed.
"I'm going to enjoy this," He jolted towards me as I moved away from his blows.

As the fight went on, I see Edward come back from the tree to help me as the vampire struggled with me. Edward went to help me was the vampire tossed me to the ground heavily as I crawled to my feet. I picked up my dagger and went for him as I was caught again.

"You know, this is getting rather annoying," I mentioned to him as I felt a stratch go into my side, "And that hurt."

I drove a stake into the vampire's heart as I turned around to behead that stupid thing. I caught my breath as Edward looked at me.

"You ok?"
"Fine," I nodded as I turne to look at him, "Ow."
"Let me see," He walked towards me to look at the blood as his fingers slowly touched the wound as I shivered.
"Sorry."
"Let's get you back to Carlise," He slowly put my shirt back down as a blush came over my face, "He'll fix you."