Moonlight and Red Wine

Love/Hate Relationship

"What are you doing here?" I questioned while crossing my arms at him.
"Can I come in?"
"No."
"Deegan, about what happened, I'm sorry," He started.
"You had me almost killed. Sorry just doesn't cut it anymore."
"But you're not dead."
"Technically-" I started but was cut off by a bouncing Dawn who went to wrap her arms around Oz which earned an eyebrow raise from me, "Dawn?"
"I told Oz we needed his help," She smiled at me but still clung to him with a smile on her face.
"And you're stuck to him, because?"
"We're um, dating," She looked down while my eyes went wide.
"Dating? Does Willow know about this?"
"Yes Willow knows," Willow smiled at me as she past me to let Oz in, "I may not be totally ok with it but he makes Dawn happy."
"Who said he could come in?"
"Oh, relax Deegan," Wilow smiled at me, "We need his help."
"Like hell we do," I mumbled shutting the door to watch him walk through my house to have Emmett walk up to me.

"Why's it smell like a wet dog?"
"Him," I pointed towards Oz, "Remember the Oz, I told you about?"
"Wolf boy?"
"Yeah," I nodded, "That's him."
"Why's he here?"
"Willow says we need his help," I scouffed, "I don't trust him still."
"That makes two of us," He watched him, "And I just met him."

"No way," I heard Oz exclaim as I nudged Emmett to walk towards the group of people in the living room.
"Yeah," Willow smiled as Dawn's hand entwined with his.
"Deegan?" Oz looked at me, "You're a vampire now?"
"Fully," I sat down followed by Emmett but kept my distance, "You'll have to meet Carlisle."
"Wow, that's so cool. And don't get me wrong, but why couldn't Angel do it?" Oz questioned.
"He lo-" Willow started.
"It's none of your business," I cut her off, "Are you writing a book?"
"What's with all the hositility?" Oz questioned with a smile on his face.
"They may forgive you but like I said, sorry doesn't cut it for nearly killing me."
"What's with him?" Oz nodded towards Emmett.
"He knows our story," I glared at the werewolf sitting before me, "He doesn't like you."
"That's an understatement," Emmett mumbled which just earned looks from Dawn and Willow.
"We're going to go research," Willow stood up as I watched them leave.

The rest of the night was spent keeping an eye on the house. I found that I could fall asleep myself but just chose not to. I just didn't become tired anymore. Plus adding Oz to the house could make anyone not want to fall asleep. I stood outside on the back deck of the house, watching the moonlight slowly sink into the horizon while the sun was rising behind me.

Taking a deep breath in, I realized that this was the life I was now a part of. Able to walk in the sun yet still hiding from it because I could be different. I wasn't sure if I sparkled like the rest of the Cullens but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe I didn't. I could hear laughter in the surrounding trees while my eyes searched for where it was coming from. It was her laughter, her taunting, but she was no where to be found.

Bella I heard laughed into the fading night as my attention was now brought to finding her exact location. I know I may not like Bella 100 percent but I couldn't see anything bad happening to her. I'm pretty sure it was that way for Spike and if anything happened to Willow, Dawn, or Xander. Just because a person didn't mean much to you, didn't mean you wouldn't save them.

Rushing off the spot, I was on, I found myself running faster towards the Swan residence just to make sure nothing happened to Bella. Sure enough, I seen her walking to her truck to head to her class early. She seen me walking on the sidewalk which caused her to stop then walk towards me.

"Deegan, what's wrong?"
"Nothing," I shook my head, "Are you ok? I mean, nothing strange has been happening, right?"
"No," She shook her head, "Is there something I should know about?"
"You're fine," I smiled comfortly at her, "It's nothing."
"You know you and Edward are sure acting strangely today."
"Edward?" I looked back at her fully.
"Yeah, he said the same thing this morning. He didn't come over last night but I found him in my room this morning. He said the same things."
"Oh."
"You actually just missed him."
"Oh, well, sorry to bother you," I looked at her quickly, "And don't worry about anything. It's fine."
"Ok," She nodded as I headed to the woods where I caught a quick glimpse of something sparkle in the dsitance.
"I'll catch you later."

I walked off towards the direction in which I knew Edward was. He wasn't too far hidden in the treeline since he knew I was there. I followed him through the trees just to get farther than the Swan house.

"You heard too?" Edward spoke first as I nodded.
"Yeah, she may not be my favorite person but no one deserves to be hurt by Harmony like that."
"I heard the same thing only once I was here, she started callin for Dawn."
"Dawn?" I questioned.
"I don't think anyone who's human we're associated with is safe."
"Usually not," I sighed while thinking of what to do, "I know you hate to hear it but we need Angel and Buffy."
"Angel?"
"Aw, come on, you spend the night with Bella and you're going to get jealous at his name?" I smirked at him.
"I just think you deserve better."
"I've yet to see who there is to be that person."
"Come with me," Edward smirked while holding out his hand for me.