Moonlight and Red Wine

The Dream

Edward carried me back to Carlisle's study which I didn't think was neceassry but Edward wouldn't listen to my protests. He sat me down on the bench as I could smell the blood fill my senses.

I don't know why but blood never smelt coppery to me like it did to so many people. To me, it smelt sweet, kinda like you could mix it in with chocolate or something. But I digress.

"Edward said you were badly hurt," Carlisle looked at me as I shrugged.
"I wouldn't say that," I watched him as something drew me to him.
"The wound is almost healed completely up," He bandaged me as I sighed.
"I'm a fast healer."
"How fast?" He asked as I shrugged again.
"I don't know, slayer ablility or something? I just heal faster than anyone else."
"Where did you say you were from?"
"I didn't," I scouffed as I hopped off the table, "Can I go?"
"I want to check out the wound again tomorrow," He nodded, "Stop by after you get off work."
"Ok," I started for the door as I stopped to look at him, "Wait, how did you know that I worked?"
"Angel," He smiled lightly, "He really does like to talk about you."
"Thanks," I nodded as I headed back home.

Once I got to the house, I found myself alone since Xander had gone out for something and Angel was most likely finding his dinner. I decided that I would take a shower since it was late and I needed the rest for the long day that I had ahead of me tomorrow.

The warm steam felt good flowing through my senses, it took the chill off as it soothed everything. I leant over the counter to take off my make up in the mirror when I noticed something. My normally dark brown eyes let out an eerie gold glimmer. Not believing it, I shook my head again but it was still there. That dark shining gold. It only seen it a few other times growing up but since I turned 18, that goldness to my eyes would appear every couple hours unlike once in a while like before. Now and days, it seemed like my eyes were gold more than brown.

"You're going crazy Deegan," I mumbled to myself as I got in the shower.

Shortly after, I was dressed in pajamas, still alone in the giant house as my eyes were still shining gold which I tried to avoid anything reflective for the time being. I sat on the rather large bed, checking e-mails and looking up random music videos for a few hours before I could feel my eyes start to grow heavy.

I heard the door open and shut downstairs but then someone walk to another room as I knew it was Xander. Slowly, turning off the computer, I crawled under the covers then drifted off to sleep.


"You know why I can't take care of her anymore," I heard my dad whisper harshly through the darkened house.
"What do you want me to do?" My mom argued back, "She can't go with her dad. He's not-"
"Human?" My dad questioned as I walked down the halls to the sound of their voice.
"Don't say that about him," My mother defended to him.
"Well he isn't!" My dad shouted, "I don't even know how it happened with him."
"What's the matter with you? He saved Deegan," My mom cried out to him.
"And how long will it be til she becomes like him?"
"I won't let that happen."
"You can't stop it. She'll be just like him."
"Mom?" I called out but no one could hear me, like I was stuck in a moment but couldn't say anything.
"Send her to him," My dad ordered as he rushed past me but I didn't notice.
"No," My mom mumbled as I watched her pick up the phone and call someone.


I sat up with a start, trying to catch my breath as I felt weight shift next to me and Angel sit up.

"What is it?" Angel asked in tired grumble.
"I just had the worst dream ever."
"About?"
"My parents."
"The Harris family?" He questioned as he rubbed my shoulders.
"No my family before that," I shook my head, "It seemed so real."
"What happened?"
"My parents," I rubbed my temple, "They were arguing about me. I wasn't my dad's child. My mom was protecting me from something."
"Are you sure? I mean it was just a dream," Angel reasoned with me.
"Yeah but when have Slayers just had "dreams"?"
"You have a point," He sighed.
"I miss the days of dreaming of pink bunnies and scary clowns."
"Clowns?"
"Maybe not the clowns but you get the point."
"Relax," He kissed my head softly, "Get some rest. We'll talk more about this in the morning."
"Yeah," I sighed as I leant back into the bed trying to fall back asleep.