Moonlight and Red Wine

If You Leave

"Take Emmett with you," I heard from behind me, "He hasn't hunted yet."
"It's not my job to see that you get fed," I hissed as I glared at Carlisle who looked serious as I sighed, "Fine, come on Emmett."

"Where are we going?" He jumped up from the couch as I headed to the door.
"You're going to eat," I nodded, "But I'm going to protect the town."
"We'll take my car," Edward mentioned as I shrugged and headed to his Volvo which I wasn't too found of.

"I take it, you're not taking me past any cemetaries, are you?" I questioned as I got in the backseat.
"Carlisle wants you protected so we'll go wherever you need us," Edward mentioned as I looked at Emmett.
"But what about him, he hasn't aten."
"I'll be fine," Emmett smiled as he turned to look at me.
"I hope so," I glanced out the window as I watched trees fly by.

Once we got to the cemetary, Edward helped me out of the car as I started walking down the quiet pathway with the two vampires behind me. I recognized their footsteps as light as they were as well as breathing patterns as I took in my surroundings. Even everything down to the slight change in the wind blowing. It hadn't rained yet but you could feel the humidity build as well as the smell of rain threatening to fall. It still made an uneasy quiet fall over the town. One that had me on edge as I stopped quickly.

"What?" Edward asked as I listened to my surroundings.
"I thought I heard something," I shook my head as I continued as I heard Emmett snicker.
"You know, most people would run scared when they realize what we are."
"I'm not most people," I stopped looking around everything as he went on.
"No instead you're comfortable about vampires yet still kill them."
"There is good and evil in the world," I mentioned as Edward and now Emmett realized what I sensed.
"What is it?" Edward asked.
"Duck," I mentioned darkly just as they did so when a vampire flew out of nowhere at me as it tackled me into the ground but I had the upper hand.

Taking out my dagger, I ended his life, well lack thereof as I stood up, brushing myself off.

"Does this happen alot?" Emmett asked as I nodded.
"More times than you could count."
"Why?"
"It's the Slayer thing. Vampires or demons or anything want to try and say they killed the Slayer or tasted her blood."
"So you're like a trophy?" Emmett questioned.
"For the most part," I smirked lightly as I heard something come from behind but wasn't on guard as I felt myself being thrown then a mass landing on top of me.

I looked up to see Edward smiling down at me as he held his position for a bit.

"Well hello to you too," I snickered as he helped me up again.

I dusted myself off as I looked towards Emmett who had this vampire pinned against a tree, threatening to kill him.

"Wait," I mentioned as I looked towards him as he gave me a look with deep black eyes.
"Why?"
"Just don't, yet," I walked towards him as the vampire struggled to breath under Emmett's grasp.

"Who sent you?" I questioned as he let out a harsh chuckle.
"Don't flatter yourself Slayer," He spat as Emmett pushed him harder into the tree.
"You're afraid to die," I looked at him as I twirled the dagger.
"Of you? No," He laughed as I could smell the used blood of his pulsing through his veins.
"Don't lie," The smirk played at the corner of my lips, "You stole someone's life just to have their blood turn on you and give away how uneasy you are."
"There are bigger things out there than me you should be afraid of."
"Nothing I can't handle," I shrugged as he chuckled again.
"You think just because you're the Slayer you can defeat everything?"
"Pretty much," I nodded as I seen Emmett tense.
"Not this," He called out to me as I had my back to him, "This you can't stop. Not him."
"Let him down Emmett," I mentioned as I still had my back to him.
"What?"
"Emmett," I warned as I heard him sit the vampire on the ground as I listened to him catch his breath.

"Thank you-" He started when I turned around to stop him from talking as the blades sliced through his undead flesh.

"That ended that," I put my daggers back as both Edward and Emmett looked at me.

"What'd he mean about not stopping someone?" Emmett asked.
"No clue," I shrugged as I started walking again, "I get threats like that from everything. Living, dead, demon-like, werewolves, you know the drill."
"Werewolves?" Emmett looked at me, "You know werewolves."
"Knew," I corrected, "And it was only one really. Willow's ex-boyfriend, Oz. He got bit by some werewolf than took on it's curse. Started following the wrong crowd a bit, then well, made me really resent werewolves in general."
"What'd he do?" Emmett asked as I chuckled.
"Another story for another time, my friend," I started walking towards the car again, "And it's getting late. I should be getting back."

Soon after, I was back at the Cullen house as lightning started to flash in the dark night sky. I stopped outside for a bit just to take it in. I always loved thunderstorms. I don't know why but they just always seemed really pretty, fasnciating, misunderstood.

"Deegan," Edward got my attention as I shook my head.
"Huh? What?"
"Are you coming back in?" He directed towards the house.
"Actually, um, I'll catch you later. I'm just going to go crash at home, if you don't mind."
"Night Deegs," Emmett called as I smiled.
"Night."
"Are you sure, you're going to be ok?" Edward asked as I watched Emmett walk into the house.
"Yeah," I smiled at him, "Shouldn't you be worried about that girl you were mentioning, Bella?"
"I do."
"Then don't worry about me, Edward," I smiled at him lightly, "I'm the Slayer, we can take care of ourselves."
"You say that alot but you always seem to get into trouble," He smirked as I shrugged.
"I'll be fine."
"But-"
"If you don't go back into that house and be vampire like, I'll so force you."
"You wouldn't?"
"I still have stakes in my bag. Once you can't move, it won't be hard to put you there myself."
"You are definately one different girl, Deegan," Edward laughed as I smiled again.
"Night Edward Cullen."

I got in my car to head back to the house in which I had other plans on my mind tonight. The house was dark as I approached it which meant no one was home, again. No Xander, no Angel. No one. Just me. I kinda wanted it that way though.

I quickly unlocked the door after punching in the code as I felt eyes on me. I stopped to look around as I didn't see anyone but knew they were there.

Once inside, I could hear the thunder claps shake the windows as I took to the study downstairs after finding a Diet Coke and something to eat. Slaying takes a lot out of a person.

As the screen warmed up on the computer in front of me, I decided that it was too quiet so I put on some Click Five. As I sat back down, I opened the search engine again, this time, going back to when I was kidnapped.

Finding something, anything about me. There had to be something. But as I searched, nothing came up.It was like it was erased or like it didn't happen. Like everything I knew from that event was gone. The one thing I did find interesting was that my "dad" or the guy that my biological mom, Adalia, married couldn't have kids. I guess he was some prominent figure or something that it was documented and put into the press that he was unable to have kids.

"Interesting," I mumbled as I heard the door open, then a thunder clap as I turned my head to see a drenched Xander.

"Hey," Xander took off his coat, "Watcha doing?"
"It's just a hunch," I looked at the screen then at him, "Where have you been?"
"Um," He started as I heard the door open, "Is that your dad?"
"No," I watched him, "What's going on?"
"Um, why don't I let Angel explain?" Xander smiled as Angel walked into the room.
"Angel," I smiled up at him pleadingly, "What's going on?"
He sighed as he sat down next to me, "We're not sure yet. We're going to England to meet with Giles and Willow to figure it out."
"Great," I smiled at them, "I had this feeling that something was happening. I'll just go pack an-"
"It's just me and Xander going," Angel interupted as I looked at him.
"What?"
"You need to stay here," Angel pointed out as I half glared at him, "It'll keep you safe."
"But-"
"I talked to the Cullens and they don't mind you staying with them for a while, when we're gone."
"How long?"
"Two weeks, maybe three weeks tops."
"When?" I questioned as I felt pissed as Xander didn't look at me anymore.
"Tomorrow night we leave."
"Will Buffy be there?" I crossed my arms as Angel sighed and Xander got up.

"Yes."
"I don't want you to go," I protested as he moved to uncross my arms but I didn't look at him.
"Deegan, you know I love you," Angel softened his voice as I still didn't look at him.
"But if she's there. You'll forget about me. You always have, Angel."
"I promise you, let me figure this out and I'll be back here."
"No."
"Deegan, come on," He turned my head to look at him, "If it means saving your life for as long as I can, than I need to."
"Until I die."
"I can't live without you," He looked into my eyes, "Losing you now, I'd end it all."
"Then turn me."
"Deegan," He rolled his eyes, "You know I'm not going to."
"Fine," I sighed standing up, "Go to England with Xander."
"Deegan," Angel called out as I walked up the stairs.
"I need a shower."

"I can't win with her," Angel mumbled as he looked at Xander.
"She feels the same way."
"I can't turn her," He protested as he looked at him, "I'm not bringing her into this life."
"You know she's already half there," Xander pointed out, "You can't change that."
"I know," He sighed as he looked at the computer screen, "I think she's starting to piece that together."
"She's changing," Xander noted, "Even you can see it."
"I just wish it wasn't true," He sighed as he got up.