Dead Is The New Alive.

007.

The rest of the school hours passed by quickly for me. I was in the children's playground snacking on my packed lunch. Thanks mum. I had been in deep thought most of the time as to what Freddie had meant when he said 'body snatchers'. And the voodoo only made it worse. To top it off, Chloe hadn't replied to me and I was beginning to worry. She never spent this much time with someone she slept with. I was terrified thinking of what could have happened to her, but I didn't spend too much time thinking about it for it would have only made me paranoid.

When I next checked my phone and saw the time I thought it would be for the best for me to leave and head home. Mum usually expected me home at ten past three, and it was just coming up to two forty now. It took me at least fifteen minutes to walk home so if I took my time I could relax a little on the way back.

I left the park confidently as the great, double decker red school buses pulled up outside the school gates. People were already piling on and other kids were stood about smoking and looking cool. I saw Freddie in with the group as I walked by on the opposite side of the road. He didn't look serious anymore, he was laughing and trading cigarettes with his friends as if they were pokémon cards.

Rolling my eyes I carried on walking up the steep incline that lead to my little enclosure of a flat building. When my legs took me to about half way I had decided that I was going to get online and research what Freddie had said. I was worried, I was frightened and I knew if I searched it up I would feel better. Surely, all I would find would be a few cults that didn't speak English and were locked away. Right?

Subconsciously, I had walked up the hill quicker then I usually do because I found myself facing the green door that led inside the usually smelly block. I hadn't noticed, but my walk home was unusually quiet. Sure, the buses had gone by but no other walkers were around. Pulling my keys out of my bag I unlocked the front door, then opened the sickly pale green door that led into my actual home.
"Heya Tan!" Called Derek, my elder brother. I could see he was in the living room watching the sixty inch HD ready Sky+ equipped television. It had to be the most expensive thing in my home. Next to my laptop.
"Hey Del," I called, walking into the hall. I dropped my bag by the floor and kicked my shoes off. "Where's mum?"
"Working." Was all he said, he wasn't watching television, he was playing on the playstation. Kingdom Hearts II one of my own personal favorites. He was struggling in the beast's castle.
"Mum got a job?" I asked, sitting down on the sofa next to him. I took my hoodie off and watched him play.
"Yeah, at the local supermarket. Means I have to stay home and look after Raquel." Raquel was the youngest out of all of us. She was seven, bless her. Del was 18 and should have a job by now but was more content mooching off mum. Mum was amazing, although, we had just been scraping by with child benefits and all sorts. And me? I'm only 15. So don't expect anything too special from me.

I got up to go and get changed then launch into my specially set homework. Body snatchers. Pssh, puh-lease.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who noticed that Derek and Raquel are the names of two people in Only Fools and Horses?
If you noticed that you're more then welcome to come and talk to me.

This story, has officially become my new love. I adore it with ninety nine percent of my heart.
I adore my other story, wonderland, a teeny bit more.