Status: Completed

I'm Loving Angels Instead

Dear Gilly

Why?

That is the question I keep asking myself, but I never get an answer. I'll never get an answer, and that is what is so frustrating. I'll never understand why you were taken from us, and nobody will ever be able to justify what happened, because nobody deserved what you got any less than you did. For a woman that never smoked, kept herself healthy on the outside and in, and took so much time making herself and other people look and feel beautiful; you really came to an ironic ending.

In the end your cheerful spirit and energy was reduced to silence and sleep; and wouldn't allow you the freedom you deserved. It makes no sense that you of all people would end up with such a degrading disease, and have to be so drugged you couldn't communicate with loved ones. It disgusts me that this is how it ended for you, and I know your friends and family feel the same way.

You taught me values that I will never forget, and the time we spent together I will always remember. I will always remember the walks my dad would take us on and how we would always get lost, and the way you would save the trip with your backpack which was secretly stocked with sandwiches. I will always remember the holiday we took in the caravan and how even though we roughed it for the weekend you still managed to look beautiful.

I know from how Darren and others spoke about you at your funeral that you have touched so many other people the way you touched me, and you have inspired people with your charismatic lifestyle and loving nature. Your love and grace will live on through our family. It was an honor to know you.

Me and my dad both know that nothing we can do can repair the damage or take away the loss we're feeling, but we have done a few things to honor you. The night of your funeral we sat and listened to your favorite songs, and we dedicated songs to you, and although it hurt us, we had to do it. We sat and thought of all the good times we had with you, and the countless times you made us smile.

We will always remember you as the warm, forgiving person that you were.

We love you Gilly. Forever loved, never forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
And down the waterfall, wherever it may take me
I know that life wont break me, when I come to call
She wont forsake me

I'm loving angels instead