‹ Prequel: Days of the Old
Status: Complete. Thank you.

We Knew That Time Would Kill Us

Epilogue

Dear Tyler,

I said what I could to you that day at the hospital. Evan if Luke hadn’t interrupted me, even if I’d had all the time in the world to sit there, stare and you and talk. There aren’t any words to express how sorry I am that things ended up this way, no way to tell you how much I will always miss you.

Nothing can change that, Tyler. I promise you that much.

In my mind I know that I could have talked to you for eternity and it still wouldn’t have been enough, but I know what I would talk about. It wouldn’t be about the past year or so or what I saw that day in the hospital.

Because that isn’t you. It’s not the outgoing, sometimes annoying, awesome best friend I remember. I won’t let it. I know that deep down it wasn’t you, and I know that you feel that way, too. The drugs might have taken your body and your mind, Luke might have manipulated you to the point of no return, but still to this day nothing could take away from your heart or your soul.

I wish you were still around for me to tell you all of this, but we never get what we really want, do we? No one can say that this is for the best, because you dying should never have been part of whatever master plan our lives are or were. And even if someone told me otherwise I’d happily punch their face in for you, anyway.

Tina, I will never forget you and I will always, always love you. No matter what.

Your best friend,
Payton
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys. This is it. The 'end'... but lately I've been getting an idea or two (or ten) for another sequel, so don't unsubscribe just yet. You never know :)

I said most of what I needed to in the last chapter, but I'd just like to thank everybody again. The people who read, the people who faithfully commented, the silent readers. Everybody. I am grateful for anyone who has ever gotten any enjoyment out of these stories, and even to the people who hated this story right down to the very last sentence.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.