I Hate Love Stories Because I'm Never in One.

Fifteen.

It was Saturday again and I was sat anxiously in the book store. Matthew or Kieran? Matthew or Kieran? If truth be told, I had no flipping idea of who I liked more.

I couldn't believe I was stuck in this predicament. If you told me a month ago that I was going to fall in love with two people, I'd have told you that you were off your rocker. My fists thumped down on the armchair and I sighed angrily just as the door opened.

Kieran stepped inside and since finding out that I loved him, everything seemed to move slowly like in one of those cheesy romance films. But this was more powerful than that, I felt frozen to the seat. When his eyes looked up to meet my own, I heard a whooshing noise as my breath left me.

'Hey there.' he grinned as he sat down in his seat, opposite me.

I tried to talk back but found I couldn't manage it. Instead, I smiled a little. At least, I hoped that it had looked like a smile.

'Something wrong?' he asked, leaning forward to stare properly in my face.

That made it slightly worse. He was...too close. I let out a strangled breath and when it came out, his hand clenched around my wrist.

'Teri? Speak to me...are you okay?' he said quickly, pronouncing the words clearly as if I couldn't hear. He looked genuinely concerned.

I told myself to get a grip, that he was going to think that I was a total dork if I didn't spit something out soon enough.

'Yeah...' I said in a raspy voice. That was better than nothing though.

His eyes became sharper, his expression more agitated as he moved even closer towards me. I was too afraid to look away and he was too determined to let his gaze slip.

'Teri, really.' he said simply. A statement, not a question. I shook my head so I could focus, realising that I was making an idiot of myself.

'I'm fine, really. Honestly...seriously.' I told him, managing to grin at him as proof.

He didn't look too convinced but after a minute of searching my face, he let my wrist in his hand go and sat back.

'So...' he said. I could tell he was trying to move the subject to something more lighter. 'How was your date?'

I groaned. Out of everything he could have said, he chose that? As he drummed his fingers impatiently on his knee, I sighed and reluctantly started telling him about the date with Matthew.

'Well, it was sort of disastrous. It rained ,I broke the heel on my shoe, the waiter dumped water on my lap...I had fun though.'

That was all he was going to get. I wasn't going to go into detail about it.

'Hmm.'

'Hmm? What?' I muttered defensively. He looked thoughtful and I hoped he wasn't going to start insulting the date. I really did have fun.

'Well...' he said slowly. But instead of carrying on, he moved over to me and sat on the armrest on my chair. My breathing sped up and I stared questioningly up at him. I knew the moment he smirked down at me that he was up to something.

'How would you like to go on a date with me?'

What? Did I just hear that right? Did Kieran, the eighteen-year-old-that-might-as-well-be-a-super-model, just ask me out?

'Pardon? I don't think I caught that?' I said, leaning over just a little to see if I could hear him better.

'Would you like to go on a date with me? You can see which date was better.'

Yep, he definitely asked me out. But to compare dates? That was a bit...wrong.

'You just want me to go out with you so I can pick which was better.' I whispered, sliding across in my chair to move away from him. I was hurt.

'No! No, that's not just the reason! I want you to go on a date with me because I...I want you to come.' he said sternly, slipping from the armrest and sitting in the single chair with me. I had no idea how we both managed to fit but I wasn't complaining.

'Please.' he breathed, so close that his breath made the strands of my hair move about on the side of my face.

I turned my head to look at him. What the hell was I waiting for? I mean, look at him!

'Okay, I'll go on a date with you.' I said. I had to say that out loud so that I could force myself to believe that he'd actually just asked me on a date. It felt more realistic now that I heard myself saying it.

He gave me a radiant smile and bent his head towards my cheek. I was immobile when I felt his nose skim across it.

'Thank you.' he mumbled in my ear.

God. Did that just happen?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so here's another overdue chapter. *sigh*
I'll keep trying to post them up quicker but you know, school sucks. My exams are approaching, which equals more work for me. Yay.
Still, hope you enjoyed this chapter :)