I Hate Love Stories Because I'm Never in One.

Eighteen.

'You brought me to the book store?' I gasped as he opened the car door for me.

But it wasn't just the book store any more, it was covered with hundreds of fairy lights and roses. I don't know how he did it but it was just beautiful. I actually thought I was going to cry and I wasn't the sort of girl to bawl her eyes out.

'Is it too much?' he asked me, concerned.

'No. No..it's perfect.' I said, still stunned.

He grinned at me as we walked through the shop door. The bell overhead jingled and I smiled at the familiarity of it. Everything about this place comforted me...the smell, the atmosphere, the cosy table that held heaps of food. Hold on, the cosy table with heaps of food?

'You set up our date in here?'

'Yeah, I had to talk the owner into letting me. He said I could after much persuasion...plus the fact that whenever I come in, I buy a mountain of books.' Kieran laughed.

'Wow.' I whispered, following the trail of fairy lights over to the table. There were soft yellow candles perched around the shop, on the book shelves, on the desk that was the till area...

I was too busy gawking at everything that I hadn't realised Kieran was holding the chair out for me. He coughed to grab my attention and I sank down into the chair as I stared down at the plates of food. It all looked so...nice.

'Where'd you get the food? Bribe a restaurant or something?' I chuckled, indicating to the nearest plate.

'No.' he said, hesitating. 'I...made this.'

'You cooked this? All of this?' I exclaimed, looking across to him as he settled in the seat opposite me.

'Well, no. The cheesecake was my mum. But the rest, I cooked.'

'Oh my gosh.' I muttered, holding my head in my hands.

'Are you okay?' Kieran asked. I heard his chair being pushed back so he could come around to me but I stopped him.

'I'm fine, don't get up.' I insisted. 'It's just...you are so perfect. You write, you can cook, you drive and you're super-model gorgeous. I'm totally not worthy of being here.'

Crap. That slipped out by accident. I hadn't meant to expose how much I was obsessed with him and his unbelievable qualities. I shot a panicked glance over to him and saw that he looked momentarily taken aback.

'I...I didn't mean t-to say-'

'No, it's fine. I...I didn't realise how much-' he stammered but I cut across him.

'Didn't realise how obsessed I am with you.' I sighed, shrinking down in my chair.

'No. How much you think that you're not worth it. Teri, I'm not perfect. Don't shoot yourself down...I mean, I think the same about you.' he told me.

I let out a hollow laugh. 'Sure you do. How can you think you're not good enough for me. You're out of my league.'

'Teri, stop!' he demanded, reaching across the table to grab my arms. He pulled me back up straight and tugged me closer to him so he could glare directly into my eyes. 'You, you, are the most amazing person I've ever met!'

His eyes bore into mine and I shook my head. 'Dude, you are seriously wrong.'

He rolled his eyes and grabbed the front of my flannel shirt with both of his hands, making sure he wasn't hurting me. He gently pulled me across the table so our faces were an inch apart. Somehow, I managed to not land in any of the food.

'Teri, I wouldn't have asked you out tonight if I didn't think that.' he said softly.

'If I say I believe you, can you let me sit back in my seat?' I asked, trying to move on from the intense conversation. 'Because I believe you.'

'Sure.' he chuckled, releasing me so I could slide back into my chair.

'I was only kidding, I still don't believe you.' I giggled, picking up a fork and spearing the closest thing to me, a roast potato.

Kieran growled in annoyance and I laughed as I waved the speared potato around. 'Whoa, okay, okay. I believe you.'

'Good.'

'Not.' I muttered under my breath.

'Teri!'

'Okay, sorry. I'll stop.

'Yeah, do that.' he sighed as he started to heap peas onto his plate.

As we tucked into the food, I wondered whether he would try and avoid answering questions about himself. I'd gathered that he wasn't an open person but it was worth a try.

'So, what's your favourite colour?' I began. Might as well start with an easy topic.

'What?' he said, his expression puzzled.

'Favourite colour? Please say it's not yellow.'

'Yellow? What's wrong with yellow?' he said. I could tell he was stalling for time. I persisted.

'Too bright, gives me a headache. Your preferred colour is...'

He gave in. 'I like blue.'

'Ooooh, imaginative. That's like saying my favourite colour is pink.' I snorted.

'Well, you asked! It's my favourite colour.' he cried.

'Fine. Next question.' I said, laughing when I saw his horrified face.

'What is this? 21 questions?'

'Maybe. I want to learn more about you.'

Kieran wriggled in his seat, looking uncomfortable. God, even when I was bugging him with my endless questions, he still looked adorable. 'Teri, I'm not really into opening up...'

'Please? I'll tell you crap about myself. It's only fair.'

He looked up and after a moment, nodded. 'Go on then, fire away.'

He had no idea what he was getting himself into. I had at least six million questions for him...but I guess I could limit it down to a more reasonable number for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that chapter ended on a weird sentence but I honestly couldn't think of what to finish it off with or I'd be here all day typing aha.
25 subscribers, cheers guys!