I Hate Love Stories Because I'm Never in One.

Twenty-One.

My mobile phone kept ringing. I kept ignoring it. I knew exactly who it was and he'd been phoning me for the past hour non-stop. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him, despite the fact that I was in love with him. After my phone rang out for the sixth time in the same minute, I gave in.

"What do you want, Matt?" I sighed into the phone. I was lay on my bed, staring blankly at the wall as I rolled to my side.

"God, Teri...are you alright? You sound sort of down."Matt's voice buzzed to me through the mobile. I quietly groaned, wishing I didn't have to go through this conversation.

"Oh yeah, I'm peachy. Never been better...doing just fine."I babbled, trying to stop my voice sounding too melancholy.

"I don't believe you. I'm coming round now, be ready."Matt told me, hanging up before I could stop him.

Great, now I had to lie my way through a whole day with Matt. A whole day of constant 'I'm perfectly okay Matthew' and 'Really, I'm doing fine.' But I couldn't take this out of Matt, it wasn't his fault that...Kieran hadn't turned up. Hopefully he wouldn't push me for answers, my mum had given in a mere half hour after I'd walked in last night.

Knowing that Matt wasn't going to take no for an answer, I dragged myself off my bed and shuffled down the stairs. I couldn't be bothered to check what I looked like, I just grabbed a jacket and pulled it on after I'd slipped on my shoes. I hoped he wasn't going to take me to any public places, the local kids may run off screaming if they caught sight of me.

"Honey? Are you going out?" my mum said. She was stood in the doorway of the kitchen, leaning against the door frame as she tugged her dressing gown closer to her. I almost smiled when I saw her pink bunny slippers. Sundays were my mum's day of rest, meaning she was going to be in her pyjamas all day.

"Yeah, Matt's coming round. I dunno when I'll be back..."

"Okay, make sure you're back before dark." she said, turning around to enter the kitchen. I grimaced as the doorbell rang. I yanked open the front door to reveal a smiling Matthew. As usual.

"Whoa!" he cried, raising his hands as if to hide behind them. "You look...fantastic?"

I felt the corner of my mouth tip up slightly, as if to smile. He must be referring to my awful hair and walking-corpse look.

"Turn that frown upside down!" he laughed, using his fingers to upturn the other side of my mouth. I playfully slapped away his hand and stepped outside.

"Good to see you too, Matt."

He bowed and I shook my head as we walked down my path. Matt's good mood was infectious, I couldn't help but feel slightly cheerier. Problem was, now I actually cared what I looked like. Self consciously, I tugged my jacket down.

"So where are we going?" I asked, following his lead down the street.

"The farm." he said simply.

"Oh, erm. My mum has an issue with me going there..." I grumbled. Okay, so as a kid I always went to the farm despite my mum's protests on how I shouldn't go. I was just digging for excuses not to walk around like this.

I saw Matt roll his eyes at me, he knew what I was really thinking.

"Fine! I don't want the public to see me like this! I look like a vampire or something!"

"Don't worry. There won't be many people out today if you're so paranoid about what you look like. I think you look fine though. You always look perfect to me."

I tried not to pounce on him so that I could smother him with kisses. At the same time though, I resisted the urge to throw up. The kid loves his cheesy lines.

"So, I know you're not okay. What's up." he said solemnly. I looked earnestly at him and sighed.

I couldn't exactly tell him, could I? Imagine the conversation...'Oh, no. Everything is fine Matt. Just, you know...I'm in love with you and some other boy who didn't turn up yesterday and practically left me distraught. So yeah, I'm ecstatic.'

Yeah, that was one conversation I was most definitely willing to skip.

"Seriously. I've been worse, no big deal." It wasn't technically a lie.

Thankfully Matt let it drop. We strolled down a beaten path and found ourselves at the gate for the woodland area that surrounded the farm. Matthew, being the gent he was, allowed me to go first and smiled as I walked by.

I guess this was better than my original plan. I'd been planning on moping in my house all day with a tub of ice cream, this way seemed...healthier.

I was just about to comment on how freakishly quiet the woods were when Matt stopped me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorta inspired by 'Hello Hello' by Paramore. Especially the phone call part :)
Second update in a day and I came back to four more subscribers! Cheers guuuuuys :)