I Hate Love Stories Because I'm Never in One.

Twenty-Seven.

I felt as if I was in a dream like state as Kieran gripped my hand. We were walking back to my house, where my mother was no doubt freaking out about my lateness. When I'd finally checked my phone, I had twenty text messages and sixteen missed calls. My mum, the protective parent to the extreme.

"So, what about that Matt kid?" Kieran asked me quietly. I felt my forehead furrow and I shot a worried glance at him.

"I don't know...I don't want to hurt him. I should never have put him in this position to begin with. I'm an awful person." I groaned, slapping a hand over my face.

"You're not. You were just...confused."

God bless him. He was trying to make me feel better even though I obviously knew I'd done wrong. It was wrong for me to feel okay, at least...while Matt was upset. I 'hmmed' once and looked away to my house. Kieran sensed something was up and stopped me. I raised an eyebrow but didn't complain as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Teri, you were confused. Don't beat yourself up about it." he told me, squeezing a little bit tighter to assure me.

"Easy for you to say." I mumbled, pressing my face against his chest.

Damn, I should really apologise to Matt. I needed to...as soon as possible. I know it wouldn't be enough but it was worth a try. I couldn't bear the thought of knowing that I'd hurt him without trying to make it up to him.

"Don't sweat it, Teri. I'm sure you'll think of something to make it all okay...and if that Matt guy gives you any trouble, just tell me." Kieran said, winking at me as I stared in disbelief.

"You couldn't beat up a fly, Kieran. It's totally not you." I laughed, pulling away to nudge him in the arm.

I heard him mutter an 'Ow' as he rubbed the place where I'd hit him but smiled at me all the same. "Okay, that's a fair point."

I chuckled again as we started to walk closer to my house. Kieran had achieved what he had set out to do...I did feel slightly better. That is, until my mum came streaking out of our house, screaming like a banshee as she waved a mixing spoon in the air.

"Teri! TERI!" she wailed, coming to a stop in front of us as she puffed. "Where have you been?"

"I...um...well..." I babbled.

"I've been waiting two hours...two hours!, for you to get home. I rang your phone and sent you messages but still no reply. I was so worried!" she screeched. "Oh, hello Kieran." she added on the end, giving him a small smile. Then she turned back to glare at me.

I flinched and gave Kieran a 'help me!' look.

"Well, Mrs Evans. I was with Teri the whole time, I made sure she was okay. It was really my fault to why she's so late." Kieran explained calmly, inconspicuously moving his hand behind my back to reassure me.

"Oh. Well...I guess that's...okay. Just make sure it doesn't happen again." she said to him, though it didn't really sound like a warning. She even gave him a bright smile as he nodded to her.

God, she totally has a crush on him, I mean...he's like my boyfriend. Actually...did me and Kieran even agree that we were going out? We didn't even mention it...

I snuck a peek at him as my mother ushered him into the house, he looked back and gave me a crooked smile. Dude, he was so darn perfect!

Quickly, I followed after them and slammed the door shut. I could hear my mum talking to Kieran, trying to persuade him to stay for dinner. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen, taking in the scene.

My mum had clearly forced Kieran into a chair at the dining table and she was stood over him as she reeled off a list of things she could cook for him. She looked intimidating and Kieran gave me a 'Get-the-heck-over-here' look. I obliged and came up behind him, holding my hands up to my mum.

"Whoa, slow down mum. You don't even know if he's eaten or not." I said sternly. Sometimes, I felt like the parent. My mother could be so immature at times.

"Oh, well. Kieran, would you like to stay for dinner?" she asked more politely, giving him a warm look. Ugh.

"I'd love to, Mrs Evans. If it's okay with Teri?" he said, looking up at me with a small smile.

Why wouldn't I want him to stay?

"Of course you can, Kieran!" I sighed, resisting the urge to roll my eyes at his stupid question.

My mother looked like she was going to burst into song. She obviously loved Kieran that much. "Well, that's settled then. I'll start dinner. You two can go upstairs, heaven forbid you get in my way when I'm cooking." she joked.

I made a noise of disgust and grabbed Kierans arm to tug him out of the kitchen. I don't think I could stand any more of my mothers uncontrollable flirting. She did it without even knowing it.

"Ugh." I grumbled as we climbed the stairs to my room. My room...which was a complete and utter tip. Crap!

"Oh erm...Kieran?" I said, turning to face him just as we reached the top. He looked up at me and tilted his head. "Could you wait here for a sec? I need to do something."

He smiled and nodded, leaning his arm against the wall as I backed away. He watched me as I dived into my room.

I started picking up everything I could and throwing it into my wardrobe. What else could I do? I didn't want him to think I lived in a pigsty. Just as I chucked the last pair of dirty socks into an unnoticeable place, I heard a snicker from behind me.

I whirled and felt my face heat up. Kieran was stood in the doorway, watching me with a look of amusement on his face.

"You didn't have to tidy up, Teri. I wouldn't mind what your room looks like." he informed me. "It's a erm...nice room."

I saw him take in the posters that were slowly starting to peel off the wall, the thick curtains that were drawn to stop any light reaching my room, the piles of haphazardly stacked books that were dotted around the room. So sue me, I couldn't have cleaned it all up.

"It's not well...it's not spotless or anything." I said, shrugging my shoulders to try and look unbothered by my mess.

"It's perfect, Teri." he smiled, walking over to hug me.

I grinned into his shoulder but couldn't help but think about how I was going to apologise to Matthew.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it took a while to update...homework, sun and all that jazz distracting me.
Still, here it is. I even wrote it with a headache, so enjoy :)