I Hate Love Stories Because I'm Never in One.

Seven.

I walked into school on Monday wearing a huge grin. Honestly, not even the inevitable conversation about Dean could wipe the smile off of my face. I somehow managed to greet Kat with an overly enthusiastic 'Good morning.' as well.

Even she looked stumped.

'Someone seems happy.' she exclaimed, eyeing me with an expression I couldn't quite place.

That didn't matter to me though...I was unbelievably happy knowing that I'd done what I thought was impossible. I spoke to Kieran. Hell! To even be able to find him again was a miracle in itself.

'Of course I am!' I cried. 'We have art!'

Kat was obviously worried, not to mention extremely confused. She was probably struggling with the concept that somebody couldn't wait to get into lesson, let alone a lesson that usually requires mess.

'Right...' I barely heard her mutter as I breezed past.

'Hello!' I called out to a passing year seven. My shout had startled him and I saw the pencil case he had been searching through fall to the ground, the contents bouncing off the pavement. He stared at me as I danced by.

Everything that seemed so dull to me a few days ago now looked vibrant and colourful. I could feel the bounce in my step and a small voice in my head told me I probably looked like an idiot. I didn't care though, I just carried on skipping to class.

'Teri! Have you gone completely insane?' Kat huffed behind me, she was finding it hard to keep up with my stride. I turned around, walking backwards, to see her glancing at the year seven I'd scared. She indicated to him as she raised an eyebrow.

'And why the hell did you just like, totally freak out that kid?' she added.

'I'm perfectly fine, Kat. In fact, I am gloriously fine.' I beamed to her. 'Oh, and I didn't mean to scare him...I just felt saying hello.'

I was still walking backwards, I saw people glaring at me as I created a small path of destruction through the crowd. They were practically burning holes in the back of my head for interrupting all their conversations, I clapped a guy on the back as I walked by.

'By scaring the crap out of him?' Kat asked, muttering a quick apology to the guy I'd patted on the back. I thought I heard her say something like 'crazy friend.' and 'she forgot medication.'

'Oh Kat! You just don't get it, why can't you give me at least one day to be happy?' I sang to her, still in my jovial mood. 'I let you talk about Dean all the time, how come I can't say hello to a year seven?'

'Because you don't know him!' she hissed. Then her eyes widened. 'What's wrong with me talking about Dean?'

Okay, she was starting to kill my buzz now. I stopped in the middle of a group of year nines, they all watched me with curious eyes. One kid even took a step away from me.

'Everything is wrong with you talking about Dean!' I spat. 'Why can't you ever give it a rest? I don't care what he does, what he eats or what he likes to do with his spare time!'

'B-but-' she started, her voice quiet for once. I held up a hand to stop her talking.

'No. Kat, you don't even realise how alone I feel. You make me feel a hundred times worse just by telling me how amazingly happy you are with Dean. I know it sounds sort of selfish but it hurts me, Kat. I'd rather you just hold back on the Dean updates.'

I spun away from her, just catching a glimpse of her face falling. I tried not to feel guilty about it but I had to say something! She just didn't understand how I felt.

I entered the art room in dismay. There went my happy mood, I couldn't believe how things had gone from so awesome to so crappy that fast. Trudging over to my usual seat, I saw that somebody was already sat at the same desk. Matthew.

'Hey beautiful.' he said, grinning.

Looking behind me, I tried to see who he was talking to. I thought I was the only person to come in yet.

'I was talking to you, Teri.' he laughed.

I felt my face heat up as I turned back to him. Unable to think of anything to say, I just slid into my seat and brushed off the comment.

'Hey, you looked pretty pissed off when you came in. You okay?'

That question caught me off guard. It was probably the first time anyone actually wanted to know how I felt for once. He seemed sincere enough as he watched me sympathetically.

'Oh...just friend stuff, you know?'

'Yeah, I know.' he breathed, reaching across the table to place his hand on top of mine.

'If you need anyone to talk to, vent your feelings at, shoulder to cry on...I'm your man.' he told me, winking.

'I-well...thanks-' I stuttered but at that moment, Miss Doolittle flew into the classroom, along with the rest of my depressed looking peers. Matthew removed his hand from mine and placed it under the table. I saw Kat walk in but she sat in the farthest seat away from me.

'Okay, guys! We're gonna be working with paint so trot over to the cupboards to grab some bottles. No, Louis...don't even think about throwing that in here!' Miss Doolittle shouted, pointing at a mousy haired boy who was holding a paper ball. The look on his face made him look like he'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

My eyes followed Matthew as he shuffled over to the paints. I had no idea why he seemed so interested in me all of a sudden.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope it's an okay chapter :)