Status: Somewhat active. Don't worry (;

Things Can Change

Eavesdropping at its Finest

I surrounded myself in the warm comforters of my bed and breathed heavily. I was freezing due to the icy lake water. Today, tonight was just magical. I silently squealed into my pillow and smiled uncontrollably. Every time I close my eyes, all I see is his gorgeous smile. I don't know what was wrong with me. I've been letting my emotions take over me. Truth is.. I still love him. But, he can't know that.

He'll leave me again. He'll break my heart again. He'll hurt me again.

I can't have that. Not again. Friends, just friends.

_______

It feels like I've been sleeping forever. I yawn and roll over finding an adorable boy at my bedside. I rubbed my eyes, calmly. My eyes opened widely. "Justin?!" I sat up and brought the covers closer to my body. This boy will give me a heart attack one day.

"The one and only!" He winked at me flashing his million dollar grin in my direction.

"What are you doing in my room?!" I questioned angrily. Was he watching me sleep? Oh god, no. I think I snore or sleep talk. He was dressed into a very comfortable attire. A white graphic tee, a pair of brown cargo shorts, a fitted cap, and a pair of slip-ons.

"To wake you up best friend," he innocently beamed. "Now get dressed." He demanded in a sort of bossy tone. It was hard trying not to develop feelings for him. I'll be spending every minute with this gorgeous, flawless god. Which is not helping.

I yawned once more, scratching the back of my head. "Fine." I heard the door close, I assumed he had left. I walked, or more like limped to my closet deciding on what to wear. I turned around to lay out a pair of shorts and a tank top, surprised to see Justin laying down on my bed watching my every move.

"Excuse you?"

"Well, I didn't want anyone else to see you strip for me" He winked flirtatiously and glanced down at what I was wearing. My pajamas consisted of a pair of short, plaid shorts with a white tank top. His eyes seemed to be fixated at my upper torso.

"Aha, you can leave." I pointed towards the door with a grossed out expression planted on my face. Boys nowadays, with their raging hormones.

"Not without you?" He pressed on getting up from my bed and closer to me.

"You pig." I shoved his shoulder and pushed him out my room. I took a ten minute shower, freshening myself out of that old river scent and into a nice, calm vanilla aroma. I brushed my teeth sparkling white. I then, towel-dried my hair and got dressed. I climbed downstairs to find Justin with an impatient look on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him once I reached the bottom. "Its not like I take over thirty minutes like some famous pop star!"

"At least I look good after thirty minutes!" Him and his giant ego. I wish I could trade Hollywood for the old Justin I knew.

"So, what are we doing today Jay?" I asked following behind him as we exited the house. There were clouds blocking the sun for once. And I thought the day would never come. It should be at least five degrees cooler now.

"Ryan's."

I instantly grew tense. Oh how I despise Ryan. He stole my best friend. Well, he didn't really steal him. Either way, I didn't like him! What's so great about this guy anyways?

I nodded simply and climbed into the passenger seat. Justin pulled out of the drive way and we were off to Ryan's. I switched the radio on, and sure enough. "Baby" was playing. Justin started singing along and all I could do was roll my eyes. I glanced over at him as he was singing the chorus. Did I mention how completely adorable he is when he sings?

We reached the end of the song and I let out a huge breath. "Finally.." I muttered underneath my breath, which he obviously could hear. Just another reason for his ego to grow bigger and another reason for me to just stay friends with him. If some off chance, we do end up being together.... his fame, the paparazzi. It will eat us out alive.

"You don't like my music?" He asked sort of taken back, hurt traveling around his system. I could see his body stiffen, he was tense. I glanced over and I could see the pain in his eyes.

I placed my hand over his arm, "Oh no, of course I do." This gesture seemed to make him relax a bit. "I just don't like how the artist !" I laughed attempting to lighten the mood up.

"That's right. Because you love him!" He retorted, unbuckling his seat belt and opening my door for me.

"Haha sure!" I started to say in a mocking voice, "Oh Justin! I wanna have your babies! Marry me!" I added my hands laughing immediately after I said that. He simply glared at me with a coy smile tugging at his lips.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

"OH, no! I would love that!" I laughed once more. I think I might have to use the bathroom!

He shook his head as we walked towards the two level home. Instead of knocking or using the doorbell, Justin opened the door as if it were his own home (or my home). Ryan greeted him in a guy handshake.

"Hails this is Ryan. Ryan, Hailey." He introduced us. He held out a hand towards me and smiled kindheartedly. Even though as much as I did not want to, I did out of politeness. I shook it.

"May I use your bathroom?" I asked politely as Ryan directed me. I climbed up the stairs and followed his instructions. After I was done with my business, I washed my hands with the scented soap on the counter and was about to climb down the stairs. I stopped because I heard them talking.

"So she's the reason why you haven't been on Xbox?" I heard Ryan ask him. I began to listen into their conversation.

"Pretty much yeah." Justin replied, I could just imagine the smile on his lips. He chuckled softly.

"Dude, you so like her." Ryan said, and I listened more intently this time.

"So? What if I do?" Justin laughed.

"I so knew it! When are you gonna tell her?"

"I have no idea. Maybe never."

"What? Why?!"

"We're from two different worlds. She would never go for me and besides, next year when I go back on tour. We'll barely see each other. It'll get crazy if the media found out, and I don't want to put her through anymore pain." I could hear the sincerity in every word he spilled.

"Dude, do you love her?"

"I think I do."

"Would you pick her over your Xbox?"

"Yeah of course."

"Your fans?"

"Yeah I would."

"Your fame?"

He didn't reply. He was silent. "I think I would pick her over anything."

"You so love her!"

My heart sank and I began to climb down the stairs. I'm starting to like Ryan now. "Hey guys." I greeted and acted like I didn't hear a thing. But knowing this, how should I act when I'm with him? Should I just pretend I didn't hear any of this? Who knows what I would do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys again! :D