Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 36

“Hey, April. I brought Indiana Jones!”

The three girls were having a ‘girls night’ as the boys went out on a ‘boys night’ with Casey.

April was eager to get to know the Waterbender and to spend another ‘girls night’ with Artemis, so she’d invited them over.

Mizu had on a purple t-shirt that said ‘Proud To Be PURPLE’ in white, and black short shorts as they sat in front of the TV.

As the gold-banded turtle was working the DVD player, April was unbraiding the fourteen year old's long hair.

“Wasn’t it hard to grow your hair this long?”

“Not really…I hardly notice it’s that long…I guess I just got used to it…”

Artemis smiled back at them, glad they were getting along.

She herself felt great, especially since her and Leo made up…

And made out…

But she was nervous for Mitsukai…

The Sky Bison could become restless when not flown, and Splinter didn’t enjoy being topside, let alone FLYING through the air…

As the movie finally started, the gold-banded turtle ran to get a comfortable seat.

There was pudding, chocolate, popcorn, soda, Whoppers, chocolate-covered strawberries…

Artemis was SURE right then and there that she LOVED ‘girls nights’…

“How have things been with you guys?”

“Great, actually.” The gold-banded turtle answered with a smile.

“It’s been alright…”

April gave the older girl a curious look.

“She’s nervous around Donnie…”

“OH…”

The red-haired woman smiled slyly, and the jade-skinned turtle quirked an eye-ridge.

“April…?”

“I have an idea.”

“An idea for WHAT?”

Even Mizu was looking over her shoulder curiously.

“I’m going to give you a makeover.”

“…Say what?”

The older woman grinned, practically skipping to her bathroom and bedroom as the two benders shared a glance.

“…This is one of the times I’m GLAD I’m a turtle…”

April came back with a large box, and plopped it down on the floor, opening it to reveal eye shadow, lipstick, blush, nail polish, and everything else you could imagine.

“…You’ve been doing this for a while, I see…”

Rolling her green eyes, she started shifting through everything, pulling out some.

Mizu looked through some of the ones lain out on the carpet, seeing silvers, whites, purples, and more neutral colors.

“April, you don’t have to…”

“I want to. It’s been so long since I’ve had friends to do this with.”

Artemis sighed, looking back as Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom started.

As the eldest started painting the Waterbender’s nails a deep purple, blue eyes looked around as if to avoid it.

As the nail polish dried, Artemis looked back and felt bored again.

The transformation was a bit slow, but the final picture was stunning.

Mizu’s long hair was half done-up in a bun, bangs curled to frame her face, as the rest rolled down her back in wavy curls like a waterfall of obsidian.

Purples and silvers made her eyes look more noticeable, like pools of clear water.

April had run off to find a nice dress, and came back with a long deep purple one, almost bare-back, with a v-neckline.

So the gold-banded turtle wouldn’t feel left out in the feminine moments, April had done her nails in a sparkling dark blue.

“…You know, I’m starting to get the feeling you’re trying to say something with these colors…”

“Really? Why, I hadn’t noticed!”

“SURE…”

April had even gone through some new antiques to find sleeves from an old white kimono, which had a gold band to wrap around Artemis’s upper arm as it flared down to her wrists.

There was even a loose skirt up to her knees that wrapped around her shell snugly.

Pulling off her mask so she could rub her eyes, she looked up when the boys snuck in through the window.

“Hey, guys.”

The four turtles stopped, a bit stunned, and Casey tripped on the windowsill when he saw the two girls.

Artemis couldn’t help laughing as the vigilante fell on his face, and even Mizu giggled.

“You guys okay?”

No answer…

“Guys, are you okay?”

Silence…

“Leo, my face is up HERE.”

Brown eyes snapped up to her own, which were strangely bare thanks to the absence of her mask.

“Is there a reason your vocal cords are broken?” She asked with a quirked eye-ridge.

“I just…I mean…You…”

“First time I tried to look like a girl? I know…”

“Yeah…Just…You look…”

He blushed, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Great…”

“Thanks…”

Don, for the first time he could remember, couldn’t find the words.

Even the little blush on the Waterbender’s cheeks seemed to make her more beautiful…

“So…How do I look?”

She smiled a bit, spinning around to show the dress.

“DUDE…You are SO lucky…” Mikey whispered.

That seemed to snap Don out of his daze, and he gave a shy smile.

“You look…beautiful…”

She blushed darker, hands behind her back.

“I’m glad you like it…”

April smiled, stepping forward.

“Why don’t you two go on the roof for some privacy?”

‘So THAT was her plan…’ Artemis thought.

The two blushing teens did just that, and Artemis turned to the blue-banded turtle.

“You want to…?”

“…Let’s go.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking up at the sky, Mizu felt the moonlight give her strength.

She always loved the night, the silvery light of the stars and moon reminding her of the Moon and Ocean spirits.

Now, though, it reminded her of the night at the farmhouse when she and Don has stargazed…

“Mizu…”

“Yeah?” She asked curiously.

He looked into her bright eyes, and found his voice hard to force out.

“I…I-I really like you…”

“I like you, too.” She replied, not seeming to understand what he meant.

“I-I mean I R-REALLY like you…”

He put a hand on hers, and she looked up to lock eyes with him as she started to understand where this was going…

“…I really like you too, Donnie…” She admitted, feeling the heat on her skin.

Eyes still locked, they slowly moved forward, like magnets, until their lips touched in a chaste kiss.

Don wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer as he tried to deepen the kiss.

She was happy enough to oblige, her arms going around his neck.

Gentle snowflakes fell around them, catching on their skin.

As the kiss became more heated, the snow started to swirl around in beautiful designs of vines and flowers and hearts…

“Yo, lovebirds.”

Separating, they turned to see Raph and Mikey, the latter grinning.

“It’s time ta pick up Fearless an’ princess an’ go home.”

Blushing, the two stood up, still holding hands.

“Sorry, guys…Let’s go…”

Gently leading her so she could get changed, Don smiled.

‘I’m not sorry we did this, though…’