Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 45

Chi got up from her bundle of blankets in the corner, Mitsukai’s agitated fidgeting and Mikey and Don’s video games keeping her from sleeping.

Normally, if it had been anyone but Mikey, some nice large boulders and an angry look would have fixed the problem…

But she couldn’t bring herself to do it with him…

Walking out into the lair, she rubbed her eyes, bangs brushing her nose in an annoying way.

Artemis and Mizu’s gentle breaths from the room behind her reminded the Earthbender how TIRED she was…

Chi was ready to say something when the TV sparked.

Apparently, it shut off, since Mikey complained.

“Relax, Spaceinator. It’s not the end of the world.” Don stated.

Mikey jumped when a hand touched his shoulder, but relaxed when he realized it was just Chi.

“Don’t worry, Battle Nexus Champion. I won’t let the mean ol’ aliens hurt ya.”

The others woke up thanks to the noise, and the TV’s came back on to reveal an alien invasion.

“Triceratons…” Artemis growled.

Mizu seemed a bit confused, along with Chi.

“But I thought Triceratons were good…”

“They used to be, until their Prime Leader took over.” Don answered.

The Earthbender shrugged, running a hand through her hair.

“Triceratons…Ya mean like Traximus?”

“Yep. But he’s a good guy.” Mikey replied.

“My children, it is very important for to stay in the lair-.”

No one heard the rest of Splinter’s orders…

They were already out the door…

Artemis felt fire pumping through her veins, and her eyes narrowed.

‘Those damn horn-heads are going down this time…’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above ground, and hidden on a water tower, they watched the Triceraton ships fly by.

“I HATE those guys…We gotta do somethin’!”

“What can we do against an entire invasion?” Don asked.

Chi smirked, flexing her fingers.

“When ya got an Earthbender and the Avatar, anythin’s possible…”

Artemis nodded.

“I’m with her on this one. I think I can make a big dent in their numbers.”

“I’ll join you.” Mizu added.

“Can’t just let you all do this without me.”

“But…It’s the end of the world as we know it…And I don’t feel fine…”

The group jumped down into an alley to be better hidden.

“I don’t get it…Of all the planets in the galaxies, why here?” Don questioned.

“Why Earth?”

“Maybe that Prime Leader Zanramon is still mad at us fer stealin’ ‘is personal space cruiser.” Raph supplied.

“It WAS a pretty sweet ride…”

“I don’t think so, tough guy.” Artemis replied.

“Even if you guys touched my stuff, I wouldn’t go across GALAXIES to get back at you. We’re not important enough for that.”

“Hey! We’re considered pretty bad hombres about anyway in the galaxy!” Mikey stated, putting an arm around his sister’s shoulders.

“Remember? We ARE the Battle Nexus Champions!”

SMACK!!!

“OW!!! RAPH…”

Chi perked, hearing deep, gravelly voices at the mouth of the alley.

Everyone hid in the shadows as the Triceratons passed by, and Artemis clenched her fingers on the bricks of the wall.

She was on the wall like Spiderman, still hidden in shadow as her eyes followed the aliens.

Some of the Triceratons blasted through the wall of a building, and brought out a little old lady.

“Oh SHELL no…” The gold-banded turtle growled under her breath.

“Artie.” Chi whispered up to her friend.

“’It that thin’ with some earth, a’right? I can take care ‘a the rest.”

Nodding, the crimson-eyed turtle jumped to the street below, bringing her hands up and sending a pillar of earth colliding into the floating platform.

Chi, now able to see the Triceratons, jumped up and landed heavily on the metal.

“What’s going on-?”

They were cut off by large boulders of rock and sharp bricks, and the mighty Triceratons were knocked off by the blind girl about a sixth their size.

Mikey and Raph joined her up there as Artemis Airbended her way up to join the others on the rooftops.

Leo only jumped down to get the elderly woman down to street level, unconscious from the scare.

“Guys, their friends are coming back!” Mikey informed.

Chi’s eyes narrowed, and she crouched down on the platform.

“Ready fer a game ‘a ‘Chicken’?”

“Turtles are NEVER chickens!”

The Earthbender grinned.

“We’ll see…”

They zoomed forward, and Mikey grabbed her arm.

“NOW!”

Jumping, they dodged the crash of platforms.

They joined the others in an alley, where the little old lady was just waking up…

“HELP!!! HORRIBLE SPACE CREATURES!!!”

She fainted again…

“Yeah, no need to thank us…” Artemis grumbled.

“I think what she meant was ‘thanks for the rescue’…” Mikey appeased.

“Why would the Triceratons be rounding up civilians?” Mizu asked, looking out of the alley at another platform, which held some humans.

“Don’t look at me. Look at the shell-answer man.”

Everyone turned to see Don working on something, and the Waterbender looked over his shoulder at whatever it was.

“Well, first off, it looks like the Triceratons are only rounding up certain civilians.” Don stated.

“WHOA…”

The device in his hands beeped a bit.

“And whatever the Triceratons are scanning for, we’re full of it.”

Chi quirked an eyebrow.

“Just ya guys?”

“No big news there. Mikey’s ‘lways been full ‘a it.”

The group moved up to a window, looking in at a TV that showed Zanramon giving a warning to give up the Fugitoid or else.

“Fugitoid? What’s that?” Chi asked.

“A buddy of ours. A scientist stuck in a robots body.” Artemis answered as they moved up to the rooftop.

“The term ‘Oops, wrong planet’ comes to mind…” Mikey added in.

“Why?” Mizu questioned.

“Professor Egghead ain’t on Earth no more.”

“Judging by the trackers they’re using, the Triceratons are following the trans-ionic particles, thinking it’s the Professor’s Teleportal.”

“But it didn’t work.” Artemis reminded.

“Yeah. It was a dud.” Mikey agreed.

“So let me get this straight.” Chi stated, a bit miffed at being out of the loop.

“These idiots are ‘fter someone who ain’t even ‘ere ta get an invention that don’t even WORK?”

“That…about sums it up.” Leo admitted.

“…There are too many idiots in the world…”

The gold-banded turtle’s Shell Cell went off, and she answered it easily.

“Yo.”

“Artemis, guys. It’s April. Casey and I are in kind of a tight spot.”

“April? I can’t hear you. Can you talk a little louder?”

“Um…Not really.”

Artemis’s heart clenched in worry at the answer.

“I’m being held by these aliens. They’re big and ugly, and they stink. They’ve got a bunch of us here in Central Park-.”

Something cut the red-head off, and Artemis straightened in worry.

“April? APRIL?!”

Static filled her ear, and the gold-banded turtle pulled her Shell Cell from her ear.

“Artemis?” Leo questioned warily.

“The damn basturds have April and Casey at Central Park.”

Closing her Shell Cell, she stuffed it into her belt.

“Then why are we ‘ere twiddlin’ our thumbs?” Chi questioned.

“We’ve gotta go!”

Everyone nodded, and made their way across the rooftops…

‘I hope they’re okay…’ Mizu thought, water rattling in her flasks…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crouched in a tree with Artemis, the blue-eyed Waterbender watched the activity going on further in the clearing.

Chi was crouched on the ground, hand on the dirt to better ‘see’ the ground-bound forces.

The strange force field was harder for her to sense, but the Earthbender managed.

“Casey and April are in there…”

“Great, a portable Alcatraz…Now everybody’s gonna want one!” Mikey joked.

“Let’s get ready ta kick some shell…” Raph grumped.

“Wait, Raph. We’re way outnumbered. We need to use our heads.”

“How ‘bout our feet?” Chi asked innocently, but her words were loaded.

She could probably catch the Triceratons by surprise and beat them up with just her feet.

Artemis and Mizu gave pleading looks down.

“We can take them, love.” Artemis pleaded.

“We’re at the master level. We could take down more than these guys.” Mizu reasoned.

“Ya know, if all those people were set free at once, there’d be a LOT of confusion…” Mikey mused.

“…Mikey ‘ad a good idea?” Raph muttered.

“Mikey…had a good idea.” Leo affirmed.

“Guess ‘e ain’t as bad as we thought.” Chi teased.

“HEY…”

“Donnie, how do we get the cage down?” Leo questioned.

“See that? The cage is triangulated by those three hovering platforms.”

“Yeah, I see ‘em…NOT!”

“Sorry, Chi…” Don apologized.

“If we knock down one, the whole thing should come down.”

“Mikey, Raph, you two create a distraction so me and Donnie can get in close enough to destroy one of those platforms. Mizu, Chi, you fight off any soldiers that try to stop us. And Artemis-.”

“I’m not going to fight, am I?”

“Basically...You’re the back-up.”

“Oh, alright…”

She pouted, but didn’t fight the orders.

Her and Mizu shared good luck kisses with their boyfriends before everyone jumped into their parts of the plan.

The crimson-eyed turtle watched as a ship went through the ‘cage’, seeming ready to pick up the humans inside.

Her grip tightened on the branch, and the wood splintered under her fingers.

Chi and Mizu ran in, water and earth coming at their command to knock away Triceraton soldiers.

A boulder smacked into the shield, but shattered on impact instead of breaking through.

Massive explosion…

‘Mikey…’ Everyone thought as it registered.

Who else could cause explosions like that?

Alarms were going off, and Artemis blended into the trees leaves as the Waterbender and Earthbender were being ganged-up on.

A platform came down thanks to Leo’s katana, and the force field crackled and faded.

Artemis jumped down, running forward as air helped speed her up.

The humans scattered in a panic, and the jade-skinned turtle managed to avoid them rather well.

One Triceraton soldier tried to stop her, and got a reinforced punch to the face.

Chi smiled as Artemis skidded to a halt, grass rustling around her from the air whirling around her form.

“Bored ‘a watchin’ ‘lready?”

“I’m not much of a ‘watcher’.” The young Avatar admitted, kicking a Triceraton in the gut.

“I’m more of a ‘doer’.”

Mizu couldn’t help a small smile at that, but it fell when she saw Don blasted in the shell with a laser.

“DONNIE!”

In a rage, she drew water from the trees and raced for the ship, tentacles of water flying out to knock away Triceratons.

Chi ran to help her friend, since it seemed Artemis had everything else under control, when both benders were blasted with stun rays.

“MIZU! CHI!”

Blowing soldiers back, the young Airbending master flew towards the ship, kicking the offending Triceraton down.

Others immediately tackled her to the ground, and handcuffed her struggling form as they pulled the others into the ship before the door closed.

“LET GO OF ME BEFORE I DECIDE TO MAKE YOU INTO WALLETS!!!!” She snarled, lashing out with air as her legs flailed.

Someone SAT on her legs, and fire sparked on her skin.

A Triceraton soldier, probably panicking, pointed a blaster at the unconscious passengers.

“Stop or I’ll shoot!”

She stopped, but it seemed like the fire was concentrated into her bright crimson eyes.

“Shoot and I’ll make you wish you were never born…”

He believed her fully, but didn’t show it.

“Well, that’s big talk from someone so small.” Another teased mercilessly, chaining up her ankles.

“And won’t the Prime Leader be surprised when we bring him his run-away bride?”

“That’s bullshit and you all should know it!” She snarled.

“It won’t be when we bring you back. Now watch your tongue!”

Biting her tongue for the sake of her friends, Artemis still glared hotly.

‘You’ll all pay…Mark my words…’