Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 57

“MAN…There’s nothing like the Big Apple at Christmas time…”

“Yeah…It freezes yer butt like nothin’ else…”

The normally-orange-banded turtle smiled at his girlfriend’s characteristic moody disposition as she rubbed her arms.

She had on an over-sized jacket and snow pants, along with heavy boots.

It only slightly impaired her ‘vision’, and, though it made her awfully uncomfortable, she went for him on this walk.

“You know, babe…You look beautiful in the snow.”

She blushed a bit, still trying to look serious as she ran a gloved hand through her spiky hair, freeing some snowflakes.

“An’ ya look better wit’out yer mask…”

Smiling, he wrapped an arm around her waist, helping heat her smaller body.

Her petite, naturally small size made her susceptible to the cold, and she’d barely gotten over a fever not a few days ago.

A snowball hit the turtle in the back, and Chi chuckled as he turned to glare at a little boy.

“Sorry, mister. I wasn’t aiming at you. I was trying to hit Jimmy.”

“Don’t be so rough on ‘em, Mike.”

“…Tell you what, kid, if you let me borrow your sled for a bit, we’ll call it even.”

They shook hands on it, and Chi watched from the bottom of a hill as he played through the snow.

OH, but he made a bad landing…

“I’ll give ya an eight fer enthusiasm, but ya better work on yer landin’, squirt…”

“So…did I do good?”

“…So, ya gonna make a snow-turtle?”

“…Thanks, babe…”

She smirked, almost a smile…

“Hey, mister, you do some sick tricks.”

The kids came up to retrieve their sled.

“You’re alright.”

“’E’d better be.” Chi joked.

“YEP…Best town in the world…ESPECIALLY at Christmas…”

The Earthbender plopped down beside him on the mound of snow.

“Well…Christmas is a’right…”

He took hold of her hand, grinning…

“You’ll love it, babe.”

She smiled…

Until he pulled her face-first into the cold snow…

“MIKE!”

She lifted her head at a soft meow, and Mikey followed her example, spotting a little orange and white kitten.

“Aw, poor guy…All alone out here in the cold…”

The un-masked turtle patted the poor little feline, who seemed to enjoy the attention.

“No collar…”

Chi tilted her head, and picked up the little kitten.

He was warm in her hands, and she felt the purr vibrate through her skin.

“’E’s cute, I guess…”

The kitten nuzzled her, and she held it close to her chest.

Opening her jacket a bit, she nestled it against her heart for warmth before buttoning her jacket up a bit.

“Maybe we can find him a home.” Mikey stated, tickling the little creature’s head.

“Yeah…maybe…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artemis smiled a bit, beating her wings gently as she hung decorations on the high ceilings.

Kasai was lighting candles, and even started a fire in the fireplace Don had managed to install.

Mizu was looking for the tree holder, and filled it with water as the elevator doors opened.

April and Casey came in, the later holding the pine tree alone.

“April, you have returned.”

“With the tree, as promised.”

The red-head smiled, hearing Artemis whistle a merry Christmas tune as she flew around the high ceiling before swooping down.

“We had to go to three lots. They were all sold out.”

“Hey, don’t mind me…I don’t need ‘elp or nothin’…”

Artemis helped, and Raph jumped down to take some of the weight as they carefully headed for where Mizu was.

Once the trunk was settled into place, everyone breathed out.

“I think we had best start cooking dinner.” Splinter mused.

“Count me in. Cooking the holiday dinner is almost as fun as eating it.” April agreed.

“That’s not what Mikey would say.” Leo joked, rolling out the blanket under the tree.

“Wait for me!” Artemis stated, putting down a box of decorations.

“I need to start on my special white-chocolate cupcakes.”

Three brothers almost started drooling…

“Guys, save your saliva for dinner…”

Leo smiled, putting an arm around her waist.

“How’d I get so lucky to have a girl like you?”

“…You’re already getting the first one, love…”

“YES.”

Rolling her eyes, she headed for the kitchen with April and Splinter.

Kasai smiled, following after them.

“Don’t forget me! I wanted to make my special hot sauce stuffing!”

Mizu shrugged, reaching up to try and place a silver bell higher up on the tree.

Yelping a bit in surprise when she was suddenly lifted into the air by her hips, blue eyes looked down at laughing dark ones.

“Could you not scare me next time, sweetie? I almost had a heart attack…”

“Sorry, honey.”

She still smiled, hanging the bell.

Turning in his hold, she kissed him as she was pulled down.

“…There’s kissing everywhere…” Artemis noted, smiling from the kitchen.

“Where’s Mikey? I’m startin’ ta worry ‘bout that bozo. ‘E’s been gone all day wit’ Chi.”

“I’m sure he’s fine. Especially if Chi’s with him.” The gold-banded turtle assured.

“She wouldn’t let him get into any trouble.”

“Come on, it’s Christmas Eve. Even Mikey couldn’t get in trouble on a night like tonight.” Don stated.

“Unless he stops by the toy store…AGAIN…”

“Don’t be a Grinch, love.” Artemis teased.

“I’m sure the toy store is an important stop on his walk of holiday cheer.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I…I can’t take it!”

Chi rolled her eyes, leaning her back on the foggy glass.

“It’s a toy store, Mike. Shouldn’t ya be a bit ol’ fer toys?”

“NEVER!”

Smiling a bit at the comedic moment, she patted the kitten in her jacket.

He was rattling off the awesome toys in the windows, emphasizing on the ones he wanted to get for Christmas, though the store was closed.

The little kitten meowed, and Mikey grinned.

“That’s right, Klunk. You don’t mind if I call you Klunk, do you?”

He scratched its little head, smiling.

“I always wanted a cat named Klunk.”

“No, get back!”

The shouts from the back alley seemed muffled, and Chi’s eyes narrowed.

“Trouble.”

Both looked around the corner, and the blind Earthbender tuned in her sensitive ears to the conversation.

“What do you want?”

“Just yer truck.”

“An’ all the little Orphan Aliens in it.”

“Ya can’t take this truck! All these toys are being donated to the Brown’s Children Home! Have a heart, will ya? It’s Christmas!”

“And that’s why we’re giving ourselves this truck.”

“In the spirit ‘a givin’, I guess I oughtta give ya stupid Purple Dragons somethin’, don’t ya think?”

They turned, eyes widening, and she smirked.

“So ‘ere’s a butt-whoopin’, Earthbendin’ style.”

They panicked, and the earth rumbled as she caught the wheels and skewered the sides.

The gangsters may have been toting Triceraton blasters, but they were acting more like little kids caught stealing from the cookie jar.

Mikey got ready to join, grinning.

‘About time to give them some coal in their stockings…’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Raph, what’s with the butterfly swords?”

“Just trimmin’ the tree.”

A few swipes later…

“MAN, I’m good…I should’ve been a barber.”

Mizu rolled her eyes, using her Waterbending to position some of the branches better.

“Christmas cookies are in the oven. Who wants to lick the bowl?” Don asked, holding up the messy bowl.

Mizu popped some into her mouth, smiling, but stopped when Raph grabbed the bowl, noisily slurping the batter.

“This is SWEET. Normally, Mikey hogs all the good stuff.”

Kasai smiled, wiping some of the batter off his cheek with her finger.

“I’m glad you like it, Raphie.”

“Shouldn’t we go looking for Mikey?” Leo wondered.

“I’m sure he’s fine.” Artemis assured, glad her cupcakes were in the oven as well.

“Chi wouldn’t let him do anything she couldn’t get him out of.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikey jumped down, kicking some in the face and jumping away as Chi brought up a column of earth to send the Purple Dragon into the air.

One aimed it’s gun at Mikey’s back, but it was too late when he noticed…

Thing was, Chi notices everything…

Metal bullets literally stopped in midair, and condensed into a ball before flying back at the gangsters.

It hit them all in the faces, ricocheting like a pinball, and came back to stop in the Earthbender’s palm.

Once they got back up, they fired again, and she spread the metal like a shield as Mikey ran for the driver’s seat.

Unfortunately, it didn’t quite work out that way…

As the gang members drove away with the truck, Chi went to make sure the blue-eyed turtle was alright.

“Come on, babe! We’ve got to catch them!”

She nodded, bringing up a platform of earth and moving it forward.

Mikey guided her, and she managed to throw them onto the roof.

Gripping it tight, she tried to soothe a knocked-about Klunk as the truck swerved, attempting to dislodge them.

Mikey fell back, his hold on the metal not nearly as strong, but he managed to catch a cable in the back, and was ‘skiing’ behind the truck.

Gripping the metal and making footholds, Chi inched her way towards the front of the truck.

The vehicle suddenly stopped, lurching enough to cause Mikey to skid under it and come out in the front, and Chi to nearly fly into the air.

The windshield was busted, and Mikey went all ninja to avoid the bullets as Chi raised her hands.

Slamming them into the metal roof, she peeled it back, and the Purple Dragons looked up in surprise.

“Hello, boys.”

A smirk played across her lips as metal curled around her clenched fists…

“Min’ if I join ya?”

Mikey managed to dodge the bullets, getting in the back with the Little Orphan Alien dolls, as Chi stopped them, knocking the guns from their hands with well-placed punches.

Still, she wasn’t about to lose Mikey over this, and soon joined him in the back, molding the bullets into a heavy spiked bracelet.

Flipping it experimentally over her knuckles, she smirked.

‘I’m gonna enjoy this…’

They hid at first, when the two gang members went to ‘take care of them’.

It was actually rather comical when she swung the heavy doors in their faces.

“Merry Christmas, boys. I got you something. It’s a kick in the stomach! I hope you like it!”

Chi stepped back, enjoying the show as Mikey beat on the two idiots.

The truck took off, but the two managed to jump inside, helping each other grab more secure holds.

It swerved, and Chi managed to crumple the metal with the force of her hold.

Mikey yelled at someone who had barely missed the truck to call the police, flapping at the door.

Climbing along the outside like monkeys, Chi kept herself close to the metal as he tried to knock them against cars.

Mikey managed to use the other vehicles as a way to jump to the driver’s side.

“I think this is where YOU get off!”

The man was thrown out as Mikey took the wheel, and Chi slid into the passenger seat.

Klunk meowed, purring and licking her face to make her smile, and she turned to the un-masked turtle.

“Ya know, I gotta ‘member how hot it is when ya kick ass.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, now WATCH THE ROAD!”

“AH!”

Another car was racing for them, probably to retrieve the toys, and Chi closed her eyes, breathing out.

“What would Raph do in a situation like this?!”

“Play Chicken!!”

Hitting the gas, Mikey went full-throttle towards the flame-designed car.

The other car sharply turned away from them, but was soon chasing after them from behind.

‘What do we gotta do ta get a break?!’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April and Don were setting the table, and Artemis was making sure nothing was burning in the kitchen, when Raph and Casey returned with their guests.

“Sorry ‘bout the blindfolds, folks. Matters ‘a security an’ all that jazz.”

“Nice to know the safety of this lair doesn’t matter much to you…” Mizu muttered playfully, punching him in the arm.

“You know I can see through this blindfold with my X-ray vision, right?”

“It’s the principle of the thing.” Artemis joked.

“It’s nice to meet you, Silver Sentry.”

“Merry Christmas, everybody!” April greeted.

“And happy Kwanza! Thank you all for inviting us.”

“You are all welcome in our home.”

“So where’s my sidekick? Where’s the Turtle Titan?”

“I’m sure he’s out having a romantic evening with his girl.” Artemis joked.

“But he’ll be back soon, I’m sure.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“MIKE, THEY HAVE A ROCKET LAUNCHER!”

“What am I gonna do-WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!”

“…Nothin’.”

Confused at first, he saw her close her eyes, bringing up her hands.

She’d told him how hard it was to Earthbend without actually TOUCHING the earth, but she could manage if she focused hard enough…

A wall of earth erupted behind them, and the rocket exploded against its hard surface.

Though the Purple Dragons didn’t stop chasing them, Chi tried to bring up asphalt spikes to blow out their tires, and Mikey got a bright idea…

The truck lurched to a stop, and the other car crashed into them heavily, rolling and flipping away from them.

“…DAMN…”

Mikey kept driving, grinning.

“Tailgaters…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artemis tapped Leo on the shoulder with her wing, grinning hugely.

“…What are you planning?”

“What do you mean by that?” She questioned innocently.

“…Christmas pranks?”

“Not this time.” The jade-skinned turtle answered.

“Then what?”

Still looking innocent and happy as could be, she pointed above them.

Following the general direction, the blue-banded turtle spotted what she was gesturing towards.

“Mistletoe?”

“Lots and LOTS of mistletoe…”

Catching her drift, he smiled.

“OH…”

“And I thought you’d catch on faster…”

The crimson-eyed turtle pulled him down for a kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck.

They only broke apart when the blue glow of a portal caught their attention, and everyone turned to see who would come through.

The light dimmed to reveal the Daimyo, Usagi, and Gen, his rhino friend.

“It is an honor to be in your home, Splinter-sensei.”

“The honor is all mine.” Splinter assured.

“Hello, Leonardo-san. I got you something.”

A sword…

“A sword? Wicked! I got you something, too.”

Another sword…

“A sword? What an amazing gift.”

“Nice letter-openers, boys. Now where’s the free chow?”

Gen was then caught in a headlock, and thrown around and over Artemis’s shoulder.

“Let that be a reminder not to mess with my boyfriend, physical or not.”

“…Over-protective, much?”

“…If you weren’t on the floor, I’d KICK you…”

“Please, come. Everyone is welcome at our table.”

Gen seemed ready to kick the jade-skinned turtle in the rear, but was stopped by an angry roar.

Turning, he was faced with an angry-looking Mitsukai, who had her tail raised threateningly.

“…Don’t mess with a Sky Bison…” Mizu advised, smiling teasingly.

“She’s VERY over-protective of Artemis…” Kasai added.

“Just like Artemis is over-protective of the rest of us…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were being chased by police cars…

“We finally ditch those Purple Dragons, and now we’re on the World’s Scariest Police Chases!”

“YO, we’re the good guys!” Chi shouted out the window.

Klunk meowed in fear, and Chi hugged the kitten under her jacket.

“Uh oh…police roadblock…”

He sighed, pressing down hard on the ‘lets go forward’ pedal.

“For what I’m about to do, forgive me…”

“MIKE...”

They plowed through the cars, and Chi huddled against the seat.

“Sorry! Sorry about that!”

‘Why us?’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“This is SO obvious…”

Artemis was proven right when Casey was accidentally thrown into a wall by Silver Sentry…

“Can I try?” Mizu asked.

“I don’t think so, missy. I’m just gonna try again.”

Casey AND Raph tried, but both were thrown through the air…

“May I?”

“I don’t think ya can do it. No offense.”

The Waterbender quirked an eyebrow at him, and smiled slyly.

“I’m sure I can manage…”

Clasping hands, she breathed out, and held her own against the Silver Sentry’s strength.

He seemed surprised, and her smile grew.

“Waterbending lesson number one…”

Suddenly, his hand nearly smacked the table…

“Use your opponents strength against them…AND…”

Suddenly, she stood up, using her elbow to smack his hand onto the table…

“Do the unexpected…”

Don grinned, hugging his girl from behind.

“That’s my sweetie…”

“What the-?! THAT’S NOT FAIR!!”

Artemis sighed.

“Well, my turn…”

“Now I KNOW ya can’t do it!”

Raph and the other lair inhabitants stepped back…

“We’ll just see about that, smart guy…”

Sitting down, she cracked her fingers, smirking.

“Sorry about this, Silver Sentry. But some bozos need a lesson.”

Breathing out, she grabbed his hand and they started.

Evenly matched, she closed her eyes, sensing…

A grin, and a flash of movement, then Silver Sentry was flying through the air…

“Earthbending 101…Wait for the right moment to strike…”

She smiled upside-down at Leo.

“Right, love?”

“Yep.”

They kissed, and Casey grumbled something about wise-ass bender’s…

April was next, and the vigilante sighed.

“Now I KNOW she can’t do it!”

“We’ll see…”

“Yo, April. Give it up, will ya?”

“Don’t listen to the bonehead!”

“You can do it, April!”

BAM!!!

“…WELL…Look who threw Silver Sentry into a wall…”

“You were saying, Casey Jones?”

Mizu smiled hugely.

“I LIKE her…”

Artemis patted the vigilante’s shoulder to reassure him.

“Don’t worry, man. I don’t think you’re any less of a man. You’re just a man that’s weaker than a woman.”

“…Thanks, Artie…That makes me feel better…”

“I know.”

Don smiled a bit at that, and gave his girlfriend a curious look when she tapped his shoulder.

Grinning now, she pointed up at the ceiling, and he followed her eyes.

“Mistletoe?”

“YES…”

He copied the grin, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her into a kiss.

“AW…”

The jade-skinned turtle was cut off by a surprise kiss from her lover.

“…Not that I’m complaining, but what was that for?”

He held up some mistletoe, still smiling, and she giggled.

“OH, I think I’m going to like this Christmas…”

Soon after, dinner was almost ready, but Mikey still hadn’t returned…

They waited for him…

And waited…

And WAITED…

Kasai managed to keep the food warm with her Breath of Fire, but even she seemed to be losing her seemingly-endless patience…

Artemis was tipping back on her chair, eye starting to twitch…

“…That’s it!”

Standing, she marched for the door.

“I’m going to find those two and give them a piece of my mind!”

Now, normally Splinter would have tried to stop her, but…

Well, even he didn’t want to get between an angry Artemis and her prey…

She spread her wings, flapping them experimentally as Mitsukai followed her into the elevator.

“Sensei, I hope you’re looking forward to having one less son…”

She was happy to be aboveground, and her and her Sky Bison took off into the air to look for her youngest brother and the blind Earthbender…

“I swear to God, when I find him, he’s going to wish I couldn’t Earthbend…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“MIKE, BE CAREFUL!”

“Sorry, babe!”

The police cars were stopped by the maneuver, and Chi breathed out in relief when something started flying beside them…

“Mitsukai?” Mikey mused, peeking his head out.

“Mikey, I am SO going to mount your shell on my wall for this…”

“Oh…Hey, Artie…”

“Don’t ‘hey, Artie’ ME! I’m frickin’ STARVING right now because of you! Now get your little tail back to the lair!”

“But-!”

“NOW!”

“Okay!”

Chi sighed, crossing her arms…

“We’ll need ta make a pit-stop…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Alright, we’ll give them another five minutes, but that’s it.”

Kasai seemed a bit huffy herself, and the candles flared as she breathed out.

“…Maybe we should make that two minutes…” Mizu advised.

Not only because of Kasai, but because of herself.

The pipes were rattling, the pond was shaking, and she could hardly stop herself from shattering the glasses at the table.

“Agreed.”

“’E’d better get ‘ere soon, the bonehead.”

“I’m sure they’ll be here soon. Artemis is a great tracker, and she’ll drag them back kicking and screaming if she has to.”

“…I trust ya, Fearless…Only ‘cause I’ve seen ‘er do it…”

“We’re BACK…”

Artemis looked irritated and tired, and Mitsukai plopped down on her leathery underbelly.

“Yo, guys. Sorry ta keep ya’ll waitin’.”

“Merry Christmas, everybody!” Mikey greeted.

“Meet our new friend, Klunk!”

Chi pulled the little kitten from her jacket, and it meowed before rubbing against her and Mikey.

“Mikey, where have you been?” Leo demanded.

“Our guests have been waiting! It is very rude.”

“I know, I’m sorry. But you’re not going to BELIEVE what happened!”

“I hardly believe it…” Artemis muttered tiredly, wings drooping.

“Mikey, we don’t wanna ‘ear some lame story.”

“Ah-Ah-Ah, Raph. Remember, this is supposed to be the season of GIVING.”

“Yeah, and I’m thinkin’ a givin’ ya well-seasoned smack upside the ‘ead!”

“Don’t be rough wit’ ‘im.” Chi chastised, smacking Raph’s fist.

“This is the time ‘a year ta ‘member those less fortunate than ourselves. We ain’t supposed ta think ‘a ourselves at all!”

“And I have JUST the ticket!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were at the orphanage, dressed up as elves and such to play with the little children and hand out Little Orphan Alien dolls.

The four girls were in matching, ‘sexy’ Mrs. Claus outfits…

Let’s just say the boys were VERY happy…

Though Mikey got smacked pretty badly on the head when Artemis realized the dress didn’t cover the lower edge of her shell or even most of her chest.

Kasai almost completely refused to walk around in it, and Chi had given the orange-masked turtle the glare of a lifetime.

Mizu hadn’t seemed to mind nearly as much, as long as it was only Donnie staring…

“My children, I believe Michelangelo is right. This is definitely a time to think of others. A
season of giving.”

Artemis nodded, lifting up a little girl that wanted to pet the kitten in Mikey’s arms.

“Yeah…Happy holidays.”