Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 62

“Alright…” Artemis breathed out, taking a stance…

“Air…”

Air spun around her arms, levitating rocks easily and floating them around her…

“Water…”

Water came up as small ‘blades’, cutting the bricks into small pieces almost like dust…

“Earth…”

They stopped falling, and moved around her feet and body like a large animal…

“Fire…”

The flames burst from her skins, and she fell back from the force…

“…I always mess up on that part…”

Mizu smiled in amusement, helping her ‘sister’ up.

“Well, maybe you just can’t control love.”

“It’s as volatile and uncontrollable as anger.” Kasai agreed.

“Ya’ve been gettin’ better.” Chi commented.

The gold-banded turtle sighed, picking up her ringing Shell Cell.

The boys had gone out joy-riding earlier, leaving the girls to talking and practicing.

Opening the Shell Cell, the crimson-eyed turtle patted Mitsukai’s head.

“Yo?”

“Artemis, we’ve got a problem.”

“What problem, love?”

Her hand stilled, and the others watched her worriedly.

“Hun’s going to get something to track us down. Get the girls and follow us to warehouse fifty-one in Brooklyn.”

“On it.”

With quick goodbyes, both hung up, and Artemis took hold of her Sky Bison’s reins.

“Hop on, guys. We’re going on a Hun hunt.”

“Can I ‘urt ‘im?”

“I’d be insulted if you didn’t.”

“Good…This is gonna be fun…”

The three benders jumped onto the shaggy fur, and Artemis told Splinter where they were going before they went topside, taking off into the sky.

Mitsukai roared, happy to be in the cool air, and Mizu smiled at the nearly-full moon hanging overhead.

“Where are we going?” Kasai asked over the wind, pulling her hair into a ponytail.

“Warehouse fifty-one, Brooklyn.”

Chi’s eyes narrowed a bit, as if thinking.

“I don’t think that’s a Purple Dragon hangout…They don’t look fer new hideouts often…”

“Maybe another gang has something in there for Hun to steal.” Mizu suggested.

“What gang would have something to track us down with?” Artemis questioned.

“…Maybe it’s not a gang…”

Everyone turned their eyes to the gold-eyed Firebender, who looked uneasy now…

“Maybe it’s from Bishop…”

“What makes you think that?” Mizu asked cautiously.

“H-He has a-a base th-there…”

Chi put a comforting arm around the girl’s shoulders, smiling a bit.

“Don’t worry. We won’t let anythin’ happen ta ya.”

With a roar, Mitsukai went straight down towards the remains of the warehouse, and Artemis jumped down to be sure her brothers were alright.

“You guys okay? No broken bones? No burns? Bruises? Concussions? Dizzy spells?”

“No, MOM. We’re fine.” Raph teased.

“…”

SMACK!!!

“OW!!! PRINCESS…”

“Like someone would talk to their mom like that…”

That’s when Raph’s Shell Cycle flew away, Hun atop it…

“I take it he’s not supposed to be playing with that?”

“MY BIKE!”

“…Guess not…”

Everyone jumped onto Mitsukai’s back, and she took off with a powerful smack of her tail.

The Sky Bison picked up the Battle Shell easy, and Mizu had to calm Don’s rants on being careful.

“She won’t DROP it, Donnie. She’s smarter than that.” Artemis assured.

“Can she really catch up wit’ ‘im?”

“…Raph, you haven’t ridden her often, have you?”

The crimson-eyed turtle smirked…

“You haven’t seen ANYTHING yet…”

Moving the reins carefully, the Sky Bison sped up with a roar, soon going lower.

No traffic equals AWESOME travel time…

Mitsukai reared at the helicopter in her path, though it was firing at Hun.

“HEY! This is a ‘no copter’ zone!”

Artemis jumped up, doing a roundhouse kick and causing the metal to buckle from the force of her wind.

Still, Raph’s bike blew up…

“NO!”

“Jeeze, Raph! It’s a BIKE!”

“Ain’t like it’s yer baby.”

Hun shot a rocket launcher, and Mitsukai barely dodged the explosion as the helicopter was taken down.

Mitsukai landed on a rooftop, trying to regain her breath as Hun ran into a building.

The whole place was smoking by the time they went in…and Raph kicked a very LARGE man in the face…

“…He REALLY likes his bike…”

“He’s just a motorcycle type of person…”

“Imagine if WE’D blown up the bike…”

“…Don’t even KID about that, Mizu…”

“I HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS!”

He threw a bomb at them, and Chi brought up a wall of earth before it blew.

He got away as the brick crumbled, and the blind Earthbender wiped her forehead, breathing heavier.

“…I HATE ‘im…”

“We ALL hate him…”

“Can we not talk about hating right now?” Kasai asked.

“Does anyone get the feeling he’s not doing ANYTHING involving us?” Artemis questioned.

Hun was stopping a train when they caught up…

“B-Bishop!”

“THAT’S a good reason to ignore us!” Mizu added.

They jumped onto the train, and looked through the red-tinted windows at Bishop, now wielding a monster machinegun, and Karai in a strange prison.

“Karai?”

“Shall we?”

Leo nodded, allowing the two Earthbenders to rip through the roof in two solid motions.

The train began to move, however, as Hun and Bishop began to brawl, and both jumped in.

They stopped the bullets heading for them or the ceiling, condensing them into pebble-like pellets.

The machine gun was destroyed, and both sat back a bit as Hun got his butt whooped.

Chi fiddled with the spiked ‘bracelet’ now flipped over her knuckles, and smirked.

“I don’t see a reason ta interfere…”

Artemis somewhat agreed, and turned to the strange prison holding Karai.

“Press buttons or skewer…”

“Pressin’ buttons might get ‘er cut up…”

“…Don’t tempt me…”

Hun was smacked into the jade-skinned turtle, and she shoved his bulk off.

“First off…OW…Secondly…”

She pointed at Bishop.

“You, sir, are a jackass.”

The others jumped in, Leo kicking Bishop in the face…

“…Go, LEO…”

Mikey, Raph, and Mizu jumped to fight the agent, along with Hun, as Don tried to work the prison holding Karai as Leo guarded him.

Kasai was freaking out, and had both Artemis and Chi watching out for her, when Bishop kicked both of them out of the way.

“Well, well…It’s been a while, Kasai.”

Fire sparked to life on her hands, and she tried to blast him away when he grabbed her wrist.

Twisting it hard, he seemed satisfied at the cry of pain she made as she fell to her knees.

“You’ve forgotten your place…”

“Pl-Please…l-let m-me g-go…”

Tears threatened to fall, and a foot smacked into her chest, knocking her back.

“LEAVE ‘ER ALONE!”

A sai barely missed the agent’s throat as he backed up, releasing the Firebender and turning his attention to a raging Raphael.

“Don’t touch ‘er.” He snarled, voice dark.

Karai was free by now, and joined in the fight as Raph lunged for the man.

Artemis jumped in, fire escaping her hands as she tried to hit him.

“Don’t mess with my FAMILY!”

Chi held her hands out, and the walls and carriage shook as metal flew to cover her like armor.

She bull-rushed the government agent, slamming him against a wall and holding him there with metal around his arms.

He moved up to kick her in the face, but her metal arm blocked the blow.

“Nice try.”

Bishop managed to free himself, but everyone ganged up on him so badly he couldn’t get a hit in.

He slipped past them, grabbing a briefcase, but was surprised by a burst of flame and a well-aimed kick to the chest.

“It seems you’ve gotten some spunk back into you since you decided to leave…”

She tried not to shake, tried to quell the trembling fear in her heart…

He moved to the front of the train, ready to press something…

“Before I go, allow me to thank you turtles. Your DNA samples from the last time we met have my research ahead fifty years overnight.”

“Then you’ll have a nice eternity in HELL, asshole!” Artemis snarled, ready to charge.

“Chow.”

The front half broke away, and Artemis would have gladly jumped the gap to Earthbend a nice slab of sharp rock up his ass to dislodge the redwood already stuck up there, if Leo hadn’t stopped her.

“Now that Karai is safe, I can beat up you turtles as a little bonus for the Shredder-.”

Hun was knocked out of the train by Karai, and the group of teens gave her confused looks.

“Thank you…”

She jumped out after him, and, not long after that, the whole vehicle stopped moving on the tracks.

“Well, at least she said thanks…” Leo muttered.

“I can’t BELIEVE I lost my bike!”

“Look on the bright side, Raph. You may have lost your bike, but Donnie got a shiny new train car.”

“Can I keep it, Leo?”

Mizu giggled.

It was like he was asking to bring home a puppy.

“If you can figure out a way to get it home.”

All eyes turned to Artemis and Chi, and both sighed.

“It’s gonna be a LON’ night…”