Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 65

“Wh-Where am I?” Kasai whispered to herself, looking around at the burned remains of what looked like a city.

The dizzy, dazed feeling in her head was something she’d gotten used to in her younger years, so it seemed to disappear.

Confused now, she looked up at an ashy sky, and wondered when this city had burned.

‘Quite a while ago, since I’m not being burned by melted asphalt…’

Standing, she wrapped her arms around herself and peeked into a gutted building…

‘Why does this seem so familiar…?’ She wondered to herself, looking behind her.

It looked like a dried river, like something extremely hot had evaporated all the liquid and torched the garbage.

With a confused tilt to her head, she wondered why she knew this place…

Like it was from one of her nightmares…

“Who are you?”

Turning suddenly, she shrank back from the large, armor-clad soldiers before her.

Their armor was a deep red, and seemed sharp, as they wielded naginata and spears.

The one who had questioned her narrowed glowing red eyes, and reached for her.

Stepping away in fear, she tried not to shake.

‘Wh-Where am I? Where’s Raphie?’

“Come with us.”

A tight grip on her arm, and she tried to pull back, whimpering in pain when the hold turned bruising.

“Let ‘er go, ya cowards!”

A large form jumped down, taking down the soldiers in a blur of black and dark green.

‘Raphie?’

Once the soldiers were unconscious on the ground, she saw the stilled figure clearly.

“R-Raphie?”

He turned to her, one dark crimson brown eye wide with surprise.

“Kasai?”

Her heart shook at what she saw…

He was a bit older, covered with pale scars and a patch over one of his eyes.

She took a tentative step forward, softly touching a scar over his plastron…

“…But…how could ya…?”

“Wh-What happened here? I don’t understand…”

He put a hand on hers, pulling her towards the darkness of an alley…

“It’s hard ta explain…”

“I-I want to know…”

“I’m not sure ya do…”

Hiding in a warehouse less damaged than the others, and he turned to her once sure the coast was clear.

“Look, I don’t know how this has been goin’ on, what wit’ ya still bein’ ‘ere an’ all…”

“Wh-What do you mean? W-We were fighting Ultimate Drako, l-last I remember…I-I think he separated u-us somehow…”

“…Kasai, I haven’t seen ya in four years.”

That stung at her heart like nothing else, and she almost pulled back.

“We all thought ya were dead…”

“Wh-Where are the others?”

“…Leo, Mike, and Don are back home…”

“…A-And the others?”

She felt like she didn’t want to know…

“…They…They ain’t wit’ us anymore…”

‘Oh God…’

“B-But…H-How?”

She never would have imagined Artemis dying without one hell of a fight, let alone Chi or Mizu.

Even Splinter and their human friends could pack a good punch.

“…When these weird alien guys invaded…They killed princess first ‘cause she was their only real threat…”

Tears were falling now, and she couldn’t hold in a sob…

Her sisters…

The only thing as close to a father as she’d had in years…

They were gone…

“Wh-Why?”

“They don’t have a reason…They just want to destroy us…”

That fire in the pit of her stomach flared to life, spreading through her veins as she looked up at him.

“Where are they?”

He sighed, leaning back…

“…At the ol’ Foot headquarters…Why?”

She stood, fire on her palms…

“I’m going to kill them…”

He understood.

She felt rage, vengeance, burning inside her, and she needed to let it out.

“Ya think ya can?”

“…I’ll die trying.”

He nodded, standing.

“Then I’m goin’ wit’ ya…”

“I couldn’t ask you-.”

“I want ta. They were my sisters, too.”

After a moment, she nodded, and followed him out into the charred streets of New York City.

Once she saw the strange ‘castle’, she knew they’d reached their destination.

“What ya gonna do, darlin’?”

Blue flames sparked to life on her hands…

“I’m going to burn it to the ground…”

She used a searing hot hand to burn a hole through the wall, and stepped through carefully.

Raph followed her, and was amazed at how quickly she took out the incoming soldiers.

In a rage, she looked calm, but her moves were lethal, calculated, and precise.

She breathed white flames, and twenty were down as she walked through their charred remains.

She kicked down a large set of doors, and looked up at the throne on the other side.

What Kasai saw shook her heart so badly tears nearly blinded her…

SHE was sitting on that throne, older and colder than she would’ve imagined…

“N-No…”

“I wonder how you managed such a feat…”

Her older self stood, eyes locking on Raph when he entered.

“So, you decided to come back. To what do I owe the honor?”

Her eyes were darker, more like a deep gold, unlike the lighter hue of her younger versions own.

“I’m just ‘ere fer ‘er.”

‘I-I killed them…I-I…I-I didn’t think…Th-Think I could…’

“Really? And what is she here for?”

“To stop ya.”

That steeled Kasai, allowed her to breathe…

Raph believed in her, and it gave her courage, the strength to stand up straight and prepare herself for a battle.

“Well, then. She may try.”

A blast of fire, and Kasai dispelled it.

They lunged at each other, fire blasts dodged, punches deflected, kicks blocked…

The older girl jumped back, lightning on her fingertips.

“Oh, no…”

Kasai was prepared to test a move she’d been practicing, but the lightning wasn’t aimed at her…

It was aimed at Raph…

Eyes wide, she jumped in the way, taking in the energy and crying out as her heart protested at the treatment.

She fell heavily on her side, breathing ragged with pain as she shook.

“No!”

“What a fool…”

That was the last straw…

Kasai bit back the pain, sitting then standing on shaky feet.

“You don’t know when to quit…”

“I-I should say that I don’t…Because I’ve never quit anything in my life…”

A crackling came around her hands, powerful and full of static…

“And I’m going to finish this…”

She blasted it, full-force, and the older tyrant could not possibly stop the assault, and screamed in agony before falling limp…

Kasai was panting, falling on her knees, closing her eyes…

“Darlin’…”

She felt a strange pulling feeling, but it faded soon, leaving her dizzy again…

Raph caught her, though, and held her close to his plastron.

“Come on, darlin’…Ya’ve gotta be a’right…”

“I-I’m sorry…I-I didn’t think…”

“It’s a’right…It’s o’er now…”

She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, eyes still feeling heavy…

“Y-You know I care a-about you, right?”

“Yeah…like a brother…”

She shook her head heavily, tightening her fingers…

“N-No…Not like a brother…”

That pulling was coming back, and she closed her eyes as the warmth of his body slowly left her…

“I-I love you…”

And then she was gone…

To where, she wasn’t sure…