Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 69

Everyone was stumbling through the farmhouse doors, eager to rest after the cramped ride up to North Hampton.

Chi and Mikey supported each other, both of them with broken legs, and Kasai managed to keep Raph upright no matter how much it aggravated her ribs.

Mizu sighed, stepping through carefully and making sure everyone got in alright.

Mikey was trying to scratch his cast-covered legs, but his girlfriend kept smacking his hand away.

“OW! BABE…”

She smirked a bit, giving him a deep kiss once the recliner snapped back.

Raph was settled on his shell on the couch, and was faking pain so the Firebender would start fussing over him in worry.

Mizu settled on Don’s lap, the latter having settled on a dusty chair as Splinter hobbled into a second dusty recliner.

“THAT’S…better?”

Mikey wrinkled his nose as Artemis settled on the lap of a distant-eyed Leo.

“EW! What’s that smell?! It smells like-!!”

He caught the glare Splinter was giving him…

“Oh, yeah…sorry, sensei…”

The gold-banded turtle rolled her eyes, motioning for Chi to smack her brother.

BONK!!!

“OW!!! BABE…”

The blue-banded male wrapped his arms tight around her waist, and she blushed when she registered a rumbling churr in his chest…

He nuzzled her shoulder, her neck, even nibbled her skin…

It aroused a fire deep in her gut, gave her this desperate NEED to be with him…

It had been like this since they’d defeated the Shredder…

He was overprotective, moody, snappish, and seemed so…HOT against her skin…

Whenever she hung around with her other brothers, even got a hug in, Leo would snap at them and drag her off…

At night, in the safety of a locked bedroom, he would hold her down and tease and suck and bite and almost claim, so close she could almost TASTE him…

He’d always stop, pull back as if barely coming back to his senses, and would have to leave her panting and hot and aroused as he went to take a shower…

Now, she was trying hard not to pant again…

“Alright, whose hungry?” April asked the group, dragging Artemis from her uncomfortable thoughts…

“ME!” Mikey and Chi shouted as one.

“Us, too.” Don replied.

“I’m not hungry…How about you, Raphie?”

“A little…”

“I’m hungry, too. How about you, love?”

“Hm? Oh…I’m not hungry.”

April sighed, heading to the kitchen to make something.

Everyone else was trying to relax, to rest away the aches that were still hurting their muscles…

Mizu used her uninjured hand to bring up water, and started healing the bones of her shattered wrist.

If it weren’t for her healing abilities, she’d never have been able to use the joint again…

Plates were passed around, and dinner was silent except for some whining.

Once the meal was done, the mutants and the benders were put into the many beds in the attic.

Mikey’s first instinct was to reach for a fork…

BONK!!!

“OW!!! BABE…”

Artemis sighed, cuddling into a nest of blankets, when she noticed Leo hadn’t joined her.

“Love?”

“Hm?”

He turned away from the window with unfocused eyes…

“Is something wrong?”

“…Aren’t you going to sleep?”

She almost purred without realizing it, and blushed at the thought that her body was reacting without her consent…

The blue-banded turtle smiled a bit, seeming to like her discomfort, and nodded.

“Sure…”

He settled beside her atop the sheets, and she sighed in comfort, nuzzling his shoulder.

She was starting to doze off, still severely drained from her trip to the Spirit World and her fight, when a car engine reached her ears.

“Love?” She slurred sleepily, eyes still clouded with exhaustion.

“Stay here.” Leo whispered, about to get up.

“Stay up here. I’ll check it out.” April assured, heading down the stairs.

Leo still went with Don to eavesdrop, and Mizu couldn’t help joining as Chi recounted what she could see in whispers to the others…

“Casey’s grandfather was a train robber…”

“Really? COOL…”

BONK!!!

“OW!!! BABE…”

“We should ‘a known Casey came from a lon’ line ‘a boneheads…” Raph muttered.

Kasai giggled at that, and couldn’t help but agree, making the red-banded turtle blush a bit.

Chi perked, unseeing eyes narrowing in suspicion and rage…

“The bastards got a gun…”

“We should ‘a known Casey’s lack ‘a smarts would run in the family…” Raph grumbled, flinching in pain as his plastron protested.

“What should we do?” Mizu asked worriedly.

“Hey, I’ve got it! We disguise ourselves in old animal skin, get close enough to this Sid guy, then spring on him!”

“…Baby, there’s just one problem wit’ that…”

“What?”

“We’d get shot!”

BONK!!!

“OW!!! BABE…”

“You must take this seriously. Sid is obviously distressed. We need to-.”

“I’ll take care of Sid.” Leo interrupted their master.

“Not without me.” Artemis retorted, sitting up.

“No. You stay here. You’re too tired to fight.”

“But Leo-!”

She paused, crimson eyes narrowing as she looked out the window…

“Looks like we’ve got more company…”

“Purple Dragons, by the look of it…” Kasai agreed.

Everyone distinctly heard the door get kicked in…

“Purple Dragons…I HATE Purple Dragons…” Leo muttered under his breath.

Something crashed to the ground, along with evil, delighted laughter…

“Little monsters wit’ alien blasters…” Chi muttered darkly.

A harpoon pierced the floor near Kasai’s feet, and she nearly yelped, jumping back.

Raph tried comforting her, and Mikey sighed…

“I sure picked a bad time to have broken legs…”

“I picked a bad time ta not be able ta Earthbend…”

“Speak fer yerselves. I can fight seven Purple Dragons lyin’ on my back!” Raph claimed.

“SURE you can…” Artemis teased.

“Our injuries do have us at a disadvantage…” Splinter mused.

“Enough talk! Let’s take them down!”

“Leo!” Artemis soothed, putting a hand on his shoulder.

“Relax…You’re starting to sound like Raph…”

“Hey, I don’t mind! I like it when Leo talks tough! Maybe we should get Karai ta stab ‘im more often.”

Both glared at him, and Kasai got between them in case a seemingly-unstable Leo tried to strike.

“Leave Raph to me!” Mikey insisted.

“Raph needs a hiding place, don’t you boy? And I’ve got JUST the spot…”

“Hidin’ spot?”

Leo and Don lifted up their hot-headed brother…

“HEY! Don’t even-! No WAY am I missin’ this action!”

Kasai was ordered not to open the door for him, no matter what he said or how she felt, and the door was closed.

“You girls stay in here.” Leo ordered, opening the window.

“You can’t fight in your condition.”

“We can still fight!” Artemis argued, but they were already gone into the night…

“I swear, they’re getting a nice talking-to when they get back…” The crimson-eyed turtle swore, growling.

Actually, keeping a close eye on them made her feel better…

“They’re okay…” She assured the others, muscles still tense…

“They’ll be okay…” Mizu tried to assure…

Dawn was breaking by the time the whole mess was settled, and Raph was released from his ‘hiding spot’.

He was happy to cause Mikey pain as he tried to slip in…

Chi moved to make sure the youngest turtle was okay, and Artemis looked Leo over worriedly.

“Are you okay? You’re not hurt, are you?”

He took hold of her wrist, and she gave him a puzzled look as he pulled her out the window.

Following him carefully, she signaled to Mitsukai, watching from the barn, that everything was alright.

The blue-banded turtle led her to a shaded section of trees, turning a bit golden with dawn's light, and she quirked an eye-ridge.

“Love-?”

She was cut off by a heated kiss, and her shell thunked against a tree trunk.

Churring as that fire built back up in her, she realized what was happening…

“Leo…” She moaned as his mouth traveled to her neck…

“I-I think we’re…we’re in h-heat…”

The grinding of their plastrons signaled that he didn’t really care…

She couldn’t hold back that urge, that NEED, and she arched her back.

“Eager, aren’t we?”

A shaky churr was his answer, and he smirked.

This strange adrenaline rush was addicting, seeing that need in her eyes and her body urging for attention…

“What do you want me to do?” He whispered huskily into her ear…

“Do you want me to love you? Fill you?”

“Pl-Please…” She begged, her own heat making her desperate as her legs spread.

“I need you…”

That seemed to be what he wanted, since he churred loudly and claimed her lips in a searing kiss…

‘We ALWAYS do this in the woods…’ She realized as dawn light fell over their skin…

Artemis carefully traced the muscles of her mate’s shoulders, his arms, his plastron…

That rumbling churr vibrated through her fingertips, and she answered it with her own…

“You’re mine…” He almost growled, his fingers clenching on the bark on either side of her head…

“Mine, and no one else’s…”

“I-I’m yours…” She answered shakily, tightening her hold on his shoulders.

“A-All yours. I-I won’t go a-anywhere…”

“…You can’t…I love you…”

A softening of his features, and he nuzzled her cheek…

“I love you, too…”