Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 77

“NOW I can’t even go topside to see the president give his damn speech…”

Artemis glared at her belly…

“I hope you’re happy…”

A gentle kick, and a warm smile spread across her face…

“I guess you are, my little ninja…”

She heard choking sounds, and sighed in sympathy…

‘Poor Kasai…Morning sickness sucks…’

Artemis herself was heading into her second trimester, and thus was getting over her morning sickness as her cravings allowed her to gain weight around her belly.

She managed to work out her arms and legs at least, since she didn’t want to be too weak after the birth, though no one knew of her time in the dojo.

‘I wonder when this baby will come out…’

Mizu shook the she-turtle’s shoulder, looking worried…

“Artie, there’s another alien invasion…”

“Another one? Jeez…Who is it this time?”

“We don’t know…”

Crimson eyes narrowed…

“What are they doing?”

“Chi says they’re going after the president…And the boys need our help.”

“I’m coming…”

Artemis managed to get to her feet on the third try, and nearly waddled to her Sky Bison.

“…Um…A little help?”

A gentle wave of water lifted the she-turtle onto her pet’s head so she could take the reins…

“Thanks, Mizu…”

Chi helped the others up before climbing up herself, and the crimson-eyed turtle steered her bison towards the elevator.

Once in the warehouse, Mitsukai easily took off into the air…

Kasai smiled a bit as the sunlight hit her skin, and helped scan the streets for the other turtles…

“Down there!”

A crashed limo, and strange aliens using Federation and Triceraton blasters…

The ground shook as Chi jumped down, bringing up a shard of earth to impale one of the aliens.

It blew up, sending blue gunk all over the Earthbender as Mizu followed her, cutting at the others.

Blue gunk EVERYWHERE…

Mitsukai landed, seeming to whine about the disgusting goop on her feet, as Artemis and Kasai slid off.

“I was wondering if there really WAS an alien invasion…”

Blue gunk smacked into her from an explosion, and the pregnant turtle nearly fell over…

“Okay, that was NOT cool!”

All the aliens were down by then, or…blew up…so Artemis just tried wiping herself clean…

“One thin’s fer sure, they don’t make aliens like they used ta.” Raph stated, pulling Kasai close even though the gunk smeared on their skin.

Don took a sample of the goop off the cement with a test tube, and Mizu picked something up…

“A transmitter?”

Tires squealed, and Mitsukai lifted her owner into her front legs, urging everyone onto her back despite the mess.

They hid on a rooftop as the army occupied the alley, and they thought everything was alright…

Until A UFO used a tractor beam to abduct the limo and the president…

Don pulled on heat-vision goggles, and seemed confused at what he saw…

“These readings are really weird…”

“Good weird or bad weird?” Mizu inquired.

“When I shift through the electromagnetic spectrum, it reveals that all of those space ships aren’t real!”

“So it’s a GOOD weird…” Artemis concluded.

“They’re illusions…One of them must be real…”

Kasai seemed to be thinking, and then her eyes widened…

‘Bishop…’

Don messed with the transmitter, and smiled.

“I knew it! Someone’s sending a signal to this thing! Someone was controlling those aliens!”

“Can ya fin’ out who?” Chi wondered.

“Already done. We follow this signal, we find whoever’s behind this.”

“Oh, I HATE this techno crud! Just show me what ta ‘it!”

“Calm down, Raphie…” Kasai soothed, putting a hand over his own.

They followed the signal on the Sky Bison’s back, and stopped when a high-tech truck came into sight…

“Anything look familiar to anyone?”

“It’s Bishop’s…”

Raph held his mate close, and she wrapped her arms around her stomach almost protectively.

“Stay ‘ere, darlin’…”

“You too, love.”

“But-!”

But the other six teens were already gone…

“…You know, I HATE when they do that…”

Kasai agreed, fidgeting and worrying and biting her lip…

There was quite a commotion below, when something caught the Firebender’s attention…

“The UFO is falling!”

Crimson eyes hardened, and Artemis jumped forward, bringing water from the nearby river to knock the saucer safely onto the empty road.

Using the water to put herself safely on the ground, she let it splash to the ground as Mitsukai landed.

“Artemis-!”

“Did you want to be crushed by a UFO? I didn’t think so…”

The boys went to search the UFO, with orders for the girls to get on Mitsukai and stay outside.

“…Do they really think we’ll listen?”

Chi smirked.

“They don’t know us very well at all…”

They ran in, though Artemis was forced to go slower and Kasai kept back out of caution…

They stopped to find Mikey and Leo fighting off more aliens, which were crushed by metal slabs.

“Need a han’, boys?”

“BABE!”

“Come on!” Leo shouted.

They started running down ANOTHER hallway, causing Artemis to curse under her breath, and they passed Raph and Don.

“What the shell are ya guy’s doin’?”

“RUNNING!” Artemis replied.

“Come on, Raphie!”

“AW…But I like it when they go pop!”

“RAPHIE!”

Mizu knocked an alien into a door, which fell in once the strange creature blew.

The president, the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, was strapped to a dissection table, more aliens surrounding him.

“We are SO busted…” Mikey muttered.

“Yep…” Chi agreed.

“We’ll worry about that later! Right now, we have to get him out of here!” Leo ordered.

The door opposite them flew open before they could make a move, and soldiers flooded in, Bishop at the lead.

“Open fire!”

The eight teens hid near the floor, blue gunk flying to coat them more even as the bullets continued to whine off metal.

“This is messed up!”

“We can’t let him take the president!” Mizu shouted over the noise.

“If he wanted to hurt him, he would’ve done it already!” Don replied.

“There’s more going on here than we know…” Artemis muttered.

“Crazy bastard…” Chi growled.

“Let’s go!” Kasai urged, and they ran out of the busted doorway as bullets tried to hit them.

Artemis KNEW Bishop was up to something…

Something BIG…

But she didn’t want to know until she’d gotten all of this goop out of her shell…