Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 82

Artemis found the one reason Splinter would accept for skipping practice…

“I needed to feed the baby.”

It’s not like she had any control over when Angela ate, so it wasn’t her fault when she rushed off.

Mizu, after holding the little baby the first time, had voiced that she sensed much water in the youngling’s personality.

That seemed confirmed when the bundle giggled and reached for a bubble of water it had actually made…

Not too long after that, Mizu and her lover had made a floating moon decoration for Angela’s crib.

Raph himself had been nervous about holding the little bundle, feeling like he might break her, but Artemis reassured him.

“My little girl’s tough enough, Raph. Don’t worry.”

After the first time, prompted by the giggle he received, the red-masked turtle often carried little Angela.

“I’ll need ta practice fer when my own kid comes.” Was his constant excuse.

Don often took the little turtle for tests, to be sure she was healthy, and was known to just hold her before returning the smiling little girl to her parents.

The first young turtle had found the softest places in her family’s heart and settled there for warmth and safety…

Artemis was at their new home with a couch-ridden Kasai, trying to keep her baby girl asleep as both Firebender’s watched ‘Clean House’.

“I bet we’d have the messiest house in the world…”

Kasai giggled in agreement, rubbing her belly.

Artemis, now almost fully-restored to her old self, had no signs that she’d ever given birth.

Stretch marks were healed away, and her plastron had returned to its old shape easily enough.

Mizu had also had to heal some slight fractures in two certain turtle’s hands…

The others had gone to get more tech for the lair, opting to leave Artemis behind so she wouldn’t sneak off and kill Karai…

The jade-skinned turtle had been PISSED when she found the remains of her fan collection…

‘That bitch has a death wish…’



Okay, so maybe she wasn’t over it yet…

Her thoughts were pulled back to the little turtle in her arms as Angela squirmed.

“What’s wrong, Angel?”

The little baby tugged on the diaper around her shell as if her life depended on its removal.

“Angel?”

THEN she realized what must have been wrong….

“It’s okay, Angel…Let me help.”

A bit stiff from sitting still for so long, Artemis stretched her legs as she headed for the changing table in her and Leo’s room.

There were no ‘accidents’ in the diaper, but the little turtle seemed happy enough, shaking her little tail.

“Oh, so your little tush needed to breathe?” The gold-masked turtle cooed, smiling and playing with the little two-toed feet.

Angela giggled with joy, flailing her arms and rocking on her shell.

“Maybe next time you should let it suffocate.” She teased.

A gurgling laugh, and the young turtle grabbed her mother’s finger, sticking the tip into her mouth.

“…I guess you’re trying to tell me something, huh?”

What looked like a nod, and the crimson-eyed kunoichi fished around for a binkie.

Once she pulled it into sight, the little jade-skinned baby released her mother’s finger, reaching and whining for the little toy.

“Alright, alright…But you’d better be quiet.”

Popping it in, Angela started calming down as Artemis put on a new diaper.

Muffled whines, and the gold-banded turtle spotted a stuffed dolphin.

It was a congratulatory present from the family, and was now Angela’s favorite toy.

“Here you go, Angel…”

The toy seemed so large compared to the little turtle, but she just wrapped stubby arms around it.

As her daughter seemed to settle with a content sigh, Artemis spotted her Sky Bison outside.

“Hey, baby. Hungry?”

A gentle roar, so as not to disturb the youngling, and a slight nod of that massive head.

“Alright, Mitsu. I’ll be right there.”

Lifting her child into her arms gently, the jade-skinned she-turtle headed out for the ‘kitchen’.

Letting Angela sit on the ground, she grabbed an apple.

Turning around, Artemis was met with the cutest sight…

Angela had abandoned her toy on the bricks, reaching up to try and touch Mitsukai’s nose.

Probably trying to mimic the affectionate pat of her mother.

The Sky Bison settled on her stomach, nudging the baby turtle gently so she wouldn’t fall over.

With a giggle of joy, the stubby little arms gave a hug around the leathery nose.

Mitsukai seemed to be purring, eyes closed, and the vibrations brought on another fit of giggles.

Artemis smiled softly at the sight, still holding the bright red apple, when her senses perked.

Her Earthbending sense came like second nature…

‘Something’s coming…’

She felt the hostility, the blood thirst, and her maternal instincts reared its head like an angry serpent…

NOTHING was going near her baby…

Her sweet, innocent little angel…

With a determined set of her jaw, Artemis put the apple down and headed straight for the door.

“My daughter.”

Pausing, she looked back at her father…

“…Be careful…”

“I will, father.”

And she was gone in the darkness of the tunnels…

The jade-skinned turtle stopped when a strange scurrying sound reached her ears…

It didn’t SOUND like a rat…

And it seemed too big…

A strange hiss, and crimson eyes widened…

‘Why does that rat sound REALLY big?’

A looming shadow…

‘…Because it is…DUH…’

Now her only question was WHY the damn thing was so big…

Jumping back as a spiked tail tried to crush her plastron, the she-turtle brought up a wave of sewer water…

“The Avatar’s back…”

It slammed into the ten-legged rodent like a ton of rocks, and Artemis took a Waterbending stance…

“Bring it on, Chucky…”

A strange hissing roar, and the monster mutant charged…

Water slapped it across the face, ice shards buried in its muzzle, when the spikes flew for her like sharpened tentacles…

One grazed the turtle’s wrist, causing a flinch that made the water ripple…

“Lucky shot…”

The walls shot forward, crushing the rat between them…

A final death shriek rattled the bricks before the creature fell still…

“Good riddance…”

Turning to head back home as something blue oozed out, the gold-banded turtle flinched as her wrist burned.

Checking the wound, she noted only the slightest trickle of blood…

‘Just a scratch…’

Stepping back into the lair, Artemis grabbed a roll of gauze, wrapping it securely around her wrist before pulling her wristband over it.

‘No one even has to worry. It’s not bad.’

“Artie?”

Crimson locked with gold…

“What was it?”

A gentle smile as she scooped up her still-giggling daughter…

“Nothing…Just a little pest problem…”

Kasai looked at her friend curiously as Mitsukai happily ate the apple out of her hand…

‘Well…If she doesn’t think there’s anything to worry about…’

Both were about to find out how much they should have worried…