Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 83

“What’s April going to say when she realizes you guys knocked a hole through her basement wall?”

The four boys shrugged, and Mizu rolled her eyes…

“It’ll involve a nice whack to the head, probably…”

“I can see that…” Chi agreed.

“Well, there was no other way to see her…” Kasai reasoned.

“So they had to break a wall down?”

“…Well…no…”

Artemis smiled a bit, adjusting Angela in her arms.

“See? That’s our point.”

“Well, it would have been easier if one of you had helped.” Mikey whined.

“We’re not goin’ ta break down a wall fer ya, baby.”

“Besides, my hands are kinda full, bro.”

“Guys?”

They all peeked out to see a familiar red-head, and grins broke out across their faces.

“APRIL!”

The four girls hugged her, and April congratulated Artemis for her little miracle as she took little Angela into her arms.

Then she noticed her wall…

“What did you do to my wall?”

“They broke a hole in it.”

“Donnie found an old map that showed an abandoned tunnel near your place. A little Earthbending, and here we are.” Leo explained.

The red-head led them up to her apartment, allowing them to settle around her living room.

“We ‘ad ta fin’ a way ta meet ya wit’out bein’ spotted.”

“Yeah, especially when Karai, ‘little miss Shredder’, showed up at your shop.” Mikey added for his girlfriend.

Artemis agreed, rubbing at her wrist a bit when she felt an itch, and quirked an eye-ridge at Don.

He’d gotten a bit of a scratch himself, from a giant cockroach, and it seemed the small wound itched as well.

“What happened to you?” April wondered.

“Just a bug bite…”

“From a REALLY big bug…” Raph added gruffly.

A soft knock on the door, and the five ninja turtles, baby, and benders disappeared down into the store below…

They headed home through the tunnel, and everyone split off to relax…

Artemis settled on the couch for a nap, Angela cuddling into her mother’s plastron as she began to doze, and Leo leaned on the back of the couch to watch them.

This was his own little family, safe and warm and happy at home…

“Love?”

Blinking, the blue-banded turtle smiled at his mate as she rubbed at her eye.

“Yeah?”

“You want to join us?”

Angela seemed to agree, turning onto her shell and reaching up for her daddy.

“Oh, alright…”

Jumping over the couch back, he settled on the end of it so Artemis could settled her head on his lap.

“What are you thinking about, love?” She wondered as Angela took her father’s hand and stuck the tip of his finger into her little mouth.

“…About how lucky I am…”

A soft smile, tired but happy…

“How lucky are you?”

“…Well…”

He smiled, nuzzling her beak…

“I always believed I was the luckiest turtle in the world…”

“…Me, too…”

Angela seemed to smile in agreement, releasing her father’s finger in order to hug his forearm.

“…She’s beautiful…” Leo murmured, smoothing a finger over the little green head…

“She’s our little girl…Of course she is…”

“She’s more like you than me…”

“On the outside…And maybe a bit on the inside…But I think she’s more like you…”

“How are you so sure?”

Artemis smiled up at him, patting her daughter’s shell…

“It’s a mother thing…”