Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 88

“Donatello’s condition continues to worsen…There’s not much time…”

Mizu sighed hearing this, still trying to keep Kasai comfortable.

The Firebender had admitted to pain in her stomach, though no one was sure what it was.

Stockman was ranting to himself, and Artemis was trying to keep Angela away from Bishop’s clutches.

It was bad enough for him to know she was infected by the outbreak virus, but it was worse now that he knew the turtles were capable of reproducing.

They had protected Kasai fiercely from any advances, and they weren’t about to forsake their vigilance.

“Don’t you have the cure, Stockman?” Mizu questioned.

Narrowing her eyes at the lack of response, the Waterbender stood up straight.

“Where is it?”

Nothing…

She was BEYOND angry as she froze his legs…

“You’d better get out that cure, or you won’t like what I’m about to do to you.”

“Cure? You fool! There is no cure! Bishop lied!”

The water melted, and the blue-eyed girl almost stumbled back as the force of the words hit her heart…

“No…”

Artemis stood up, pissed.

“THAT BASTURD! HE LIED!”

Kasai felt the stress, but could only cry out mutely…

“Mizu…” She choked out.

The Waterbender turned…

“Kasai?”

“M-My…My water broke…”

“…Oh…shit…”

Mizu set about immediately making the Firebender comfortable, and Artemis pushed Stockman in the opposite direction.

“Leatherhead, you keep working on the antidote. We can handle this.”

Angela seemed confused as the gold-masked turtle pulled out a blanket from Mitsukai’s pack.

Letting Kasai grip her hand, Artemis finally realized what pain Leo and Raph must have been in…

“Guess Raph will be a little relieved he wasn’t here…” She joked.

Kasai cried out as she started to push, as something hard scraped at her insides almost…gently…

Mizu tried making it as gentle as she could, as painless as possible…

The labor was short, which seemed to be a pattern among their births, as the newest little turtle slipped free.

Wrapping it up safe and warm, Artemis checked…

“It’s a little girl…”

Angela grinned, looking into the newest little face.

This turtle was darker, with bright gold eyes…

She looked almost exactly like her father…

Artemis smiled at the tired smile on Kasai’s face…

When her wrist shot pain straight to her heart…

Falling over at the sudden jolt, the crimson-eyed turtle curled in on herself, coughing up blood…

“ARTIE!”

Her vision darkened, blurred…

“L-Leo…”

Then…

Nothing…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distant sirens, a familiar throbbing roar, and crimson eyes fluttered open…

“Love!”

She was surprised by a hug, and patted Leo’s shell comfortingly…

“You guys made it back…”

She quirked an eye-ridge…

“Did I go somewhere?”

“No…No you didn’t…”

Sitting up, she saw everyone else, tired but happy and smiling…

“Donnie!”

Hugging her brother, she grinned.

“You’re alright!”

“Yeah…I am…”

She smiled up at Raph and Kasai, seeing them hugging the little baby that was theirs.

“Have you named her yet?”

“I like…Isabella…”

“Yeah…Little Izzy…”

The baby seemed to like that idea, and tried clapping her hands…

“I hope this is the end of it…”