Status: Active

Her name was Peace

Four.ruoF

I stared out the window, at the passing countryside.

"I understand your confusion with all of this...you were a Christian man, were you not?"

This is the way they usually have me go home- passing over the countryside, watching as whatever side of this war gained victory and punished the defeated foes. I could feel some change in the plannings of this latest 'peace treaty'. The last war, the first World War, as mortals will come to call it, ended with severe reprecussions on the defeated mortals. Most wars usually ended similarly, with the only exception I have seen being the Civil War of the United States, and all Wars of Independence. But this time... I can tell that something is different.

"Yes... I never imagined that the noble people of Athens had it correct... But, you must excuse me, ma'am, but I have never heard of you, a young woman with such a sad beauty, before."

"Sister."

My eyes raised in distaste towards my brother, Ares, who was always present to taunt me and took care to show the most tragic damage. We would be present together at the conference where the world leaders will draw up the treaty to end the war. Ares, of course, will try to influence the goings-on to his approval, where nothing will change, hate will remain, making kindling plenty for when he decides to spark another war. To put another dagger in my back.

"I'm not surprised. My legend has long since been lost in the mortal world."

"Brother."

But maybe not this time. I had hopes for two mortals, both leaders of the strongest victoring countries. Their names were Prime Minister Winston Churchhill and President Harry S. Truman, who was guided by the former president, Franklin D. Roosevelt's ideals. I remembered when he had first stepped foot into Hades. He was alone, unusual for this time, and before he was taken to the Gardens of Elysium, Hades brought him to me. Thus, I have an advantage over my brother- I have the knowledge of Truman's plans.

We rode in the train silently, rocking back and forth with dignified grace, my eyes fixated on the passing battlefields, and Ares' eyes on me.

"But it is a legend worth knowing?"

"We're almost there, sister."

I glanced at him, and let my eyes linger on him. He looked good. Strong, healthy, with his power radiating from him. I know that I myself have never appeared this way. And I also know what would happen if I did come into my full potential- Ares would loose all of his power if I gained all of mine.

Such things must happen. Maybe some sort of balence can be achieved? But as I looked into my brother's eyes, I knew that he would never be satisfied with equality between us, not when it was so easy to push me back into the depths to rise towards the light. So, I must do this.

I must defeat him.

"My story is the origin of war."

"Are you ready?" His lips were in a subtle smirk, his eyes haugty. I held his gaze firmly.

"Yes. I am."

"I am the sister of Ares, the Goddess of Peace, Irene."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta-da! Finally....