Status: Active

Her name was Peace

Five.eviF

A gentle breeze. The sound of waves somewhere lapping a shore. Horses giving a careless immortal a piece of their mind. Laughing dryads taunting satyrs, and the sun slowly heading down in the sky. And somewhere, amid the different pavilions and great buildings housing the Gods and their items of worth was a bench between a willow and a brook.

My favorite spot in Olympus, of course. I leaned forward, resting my chin in my hands which were supported by my legs, and looked at the view before me. I could see a little girl fishing, her legs swinging in the space at the edge of the embankment. Suddenly, a boy popped out of the bushes behind her, sending them both squealing into the water.

"Ares, don't sneak up on me like that!" A soaked me cried out, but a smile was on her face, almost matching the wide grin on Ares' face...

I sighed, and nudged the Mnemosyne's Bluebell with my foot. It closed in a flash, and the vision was gone. The titaness had thought it a brilliant idea millennial ago to create these. They're almost a weed, popping up where they shouldn't and recording everything. They're only supposed to react to touch, but sometimes they open simply in response to strong emotions surrounding the area.

Like my sorrow for the enmity between my brother and I. When we were children...he sanctified my every step. He was my big brother, my protector. Then he learned his capabilities- and mine.

A tear rolled down my cheek, and I closed my eyes.

"Irene?"

"Hermes." I made the tear disappear- I had almost forgotten I could do things like that when I had power. Alter my image, teleport, see, know. I've been living like a...like a demigod, I suppose, for many centuries now...

Hermes sat beside me, and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. He smiled at me as I willed a blush not to rise to my cheeks. He let his hand fall, resting near mine on the bench as he glanced at the Bluebell, then at the brook. "Seeing old memories?"

"Unintentionally. I forgot that I had so many happy moments in life." I tucked my legs beneath the bench, slightly angling myself towards Hermes for better conversation. He glanced at me- I pretended not to notice. He raised his eyebrows. "Well, it's true, your eternity has had it's many down points..."

A smile came to his face as I made a face. "But...would you suppose today made a sort of...turning point?"

I thought about it. Today, all of the war proceedings ended. The United Nations was established. The Treaty sighed.

And I was initiated as an Olympian, Peace-Keeper of the Gods.

Of course, that doesn't mean my position is stable, no more war. Ares still has his influence- Russia and the United States have a definite violent future ahead. Mankind can never be completely Peaceful- but maybe I can find that balance with my brother. After all- he no longer has the ability to send me to Hades. I'm gaining my powers, sapping his strength to the level it should be.

A definite turning point.

I nodded. "Of course."

I glanced at Hermes- he pretended not to notice. I smiled to myself, and sighed, "But you must understand, it's not going to be smooth sailing from here on out. In fact, life is probably going to become a bit tedious of all of us, because of all the restrictions we're placing on Ares."

I kept my gaze on an indeterminable spot as I shook my head, healthy bouncing curls falling about my shoulders, "I'm still going to need help."

I met Hermes' gaze, keeping my composure in the face of his surprise. Though, I had to chuckle to myself- catching the Trickster off guard! A priceless achievement. Something else was in Hermes' eyes besides surprise; something I felt coiling in my chest as well. I let a smile tug on my lips, and Hermes' laughed, and snaked an arm around my waist, pulling me close. Our brows touched, and he stared into my eyes.

"You will always have me, Irene."

The brook chuckled over it's little stones, the willow's long branches sighing in the wind as we disappeared from sight. One lightly touched the Mnemosyne Bluebell, and it opened, leaving an imprint of Hermes and I on the bench, kissing.

A very happy memory, and an extraordinarily happy future.

~Fin~
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I finally finished it! Can I get a whoot-whoot?

It's sooo happy. ^^