Love Will Never Last

Chapter Two

Jobs? Work? Oktober glances carefully at Eden, beginning a frantic mental communication as they try to come up with an answer. "We....uh, just-" Oktober gulps at May's eager look. "I mean, yes! Yeah? Uhm..." her shoulders slouch as May practically starts jumping around and Eden raises her eyebrow.

Oktober watches as her aunt starts making dinner. Or supper? And Eden strolls over with a skeptical look. "Oh really? We have jobs?" She smirks, crossing her arms.

Her friend sticks out her tongue, the mature girl she is. "I didn't know what else to do! Okay? I just... I panicked," she pouts. "So..." she fiddles with her nails, glancing around. "It-it's cool. We could find jobs, or just shop around like we did at home, right? I did bring one of my dad's credit cards, so..."

"One? I brought three," Eden laughs.

They laugh and begin unpacking in the bedroom they'll share for their semster here in England, talking cheerfully away at the prospect of seeing the country, seeing cute boys, eating good food...and ignoring the obvious fact they have come for school. They flop down on their beds, having already made the room their own and they listen to some music before May's calling them down for dinner.

"Wow, what is that?" Eden stares, wide-eyed at the meal.

"Octopus! Hungry?" May beams.

The girls share looks. "Uh... actually..." Oktober starts thinking again- and fast as Eden sends her a glare. "We...aren't hungry. Yet, I mean. We... you know, the time- time difference and all... so we were just gonna go take a walk!" She blurts, grabs Eden, and runs for the door.

"You're crazy," Eden shakes her off on the front step.

"I know!" Oktober throws her hands up, exasperated and with a sigh she.
♠ ♠ ♠
[in progress]