Status: Completed

The Leaving Story: Robot Woman

The Beginning and The End

At last, after ten years, it was completed.

There stood the lovely Ashlyn that Aiden had created. She was the perfect woman, save the fact that she was not real.

“Look what I built, it shines so beautifully!” Aiden screamed though no one heard. He lived alone. Even after the twelve years that had slowly passed, Aiden had not overcome the agony of his unfortunate loss. It seems as though his life was a perpetual elegy. Surely, the robot he had constructed would at least make him feel a little improved…

Oh, how dearly he missed his Ashlyn, the girl he had adored since the age of seventeen. Aiden found himself wishing that that the accident had not happened. If only he had stopped it in time, the two of them could be living their happily ever after.

In spite of himself, he began to reminisce.

XXXXXX

It was a breezy winter’s day. The cool and crispy air floated around a lovely couple that slowly made their way through the light snow. Despite the fact that it was quite cold outside, deep within the duo that walked lived a fiery infatuation waiting to be released in some sort of physical way. It was the exhilarating, yet fresh feeling of young love.

The pair eventually found their way to whoever’s apartment was the closest. The ‘oh-so-loveable’ lip locking began before they had even opened the door, and in their mess of passion, the door was left unlocked and slightly open.

Through the living room, through the hall way, and finally to the bedroom they made a path, leaving pieces of clothing to mark their route. Sounds erupted from both of them, endorphins and dopamine being released in excessive amounts.

Noise sounded throughout the house, though it did not come from those whom were engulfed in a pleasure unmentionable. A porcelain figure being stolen, a lovely jewelry box being taken. The sounds continued though the action had not yet begun.

The sound of a door creaking, then utter silence. The lovers had froze in their spots as they gazed at the intruder who had erupted what was supposed to be the best moment of their lives.

“Separate,” the stranger said in a calm voice that seemed not to match the mood of the current event. “now.”

The boy and girl did as they were told, for they were intimidated not by the stranger, but by the object of which he currently possessed.

There was only movement for a few more moments. In this, the stranger handed the girl a gun, pulled her toward the boy who had escaped to the other side of the room, and pointed his own gun to the her left temple.

“Kill him.” the stranger uttered ever so serenely.

“What? Never in a-” the girl had practically screamed before she was cut off by the stranger.

“I did not ask any questions, therefore, I do not need any answers. I will say this one more time before I get angry. Kill him.

Still, the girl shook her head in resistance. How could she possibly murder the boy that she so deeply cared about?

“Do it Ashlyn.” the boy said in a forceful manner. He looked into his love’s eyes, though she did not see him. Instead, she was trapped in a world of confusion, watching colors swirl in a random style. Aiden and dead could never belong in the same sentence, much less one that she acted out.

Ashlyn stood motionless, the gun she held in her hand was by her side. She had no intention the lift her hand whatsoever.

“I will count to ten, and if he’s not dead by the time I finish my countdown, you will be the person who will cease to exist.”

“Ashlyn…” the boy said in a warning voice.

“Ten, nine, eight…”

“…please.”

“…seven, six, five, four, three…”

“Ash, do it now.

“...two, one.” A gun went off, the gun that belonged to the stranger.

XXXXXX

Thank goodness his robot had wheels, this way; he could roll it wherever he pleased.

Aiden packed his things, filling the small living room with a mere two suitcases. Taking a final glance around his home, he smiled and wrote “The Leaving Song Part II” on a piece of paper he taped onto of one of his suitcases. With a sigh, he turned and headed out the door, wheeling his robot woman along with him.

People had given him perplexed stares as he walked through the city streets, placing his arm around the waist of his robot woman. This did not faze him however; instead it had made him even more proud to parade around the woman he loved. Through the business doors, blending in with the others in his formal attire. Into the elevator, up the many stories of the building, to the roof.

The view certainly looked beautiful from the height of the tallest building in the small city. The lights together created a blur of darkness as they had twelve years ago. Aiden watched the clock as it struck twelve and the bells of the church rang a dozen times.

“Isn’t this sight gorgeous my darling?” Aiden spoke these words to the robot. He carried on the one sided conversation for a while longer as they twirled and danced to the sound of the carillon. She was just so real, like her spirit had been reincarnated into this very robot though it was rendered mute.

Together, they walked to the edge of the structure and looked down at the few passing cars seventy-two stories below. A rush of the thrilling moment hit Aiden, and at that instant, his knew he would not doubt his next decision.

“Now watch as it destroys me!” Aiden yelled though no one heard. He was alone.

And together, both he and his robot woman jumped off the building, plummeting at a disturbing velocity. They shared a kiss as they fell through the air.

They left it all behind and never said goodbye.