Walls Have Eyes

Released

"So how do you like it here so far kids?" My dad asked.

"It`s amazing!" Jake and I screeched in unison.

"I figured you would like it here," Mom said smiling.

We were sitting around the table in the kitchen. My mom has always liked to eat together as a family, and talk. We weren't sitting in the table that used to be in the kitchen. We moved that, placing our table there. I looked around at my family. They were all happy, sitting in their normal places. Jake across me, on the other end of the table. We had always sat on the edges, which we thought were cool, since parents usually sit there. Then move sat on the left side of the table, and dad on the right. They were all smiling, I wasn't though. I wasn't happy. I wanted to see Ethan again, right now actually.

"What`s wrong, sweetie?" Mom asked.

That just pained me more. I saw Ethan as a boyfriend, boyfriends called their girlfriends names like that. I burst into tears and ran upstairs into my room. I hid my head under my pillow and cried my heart out.

It felt like I was up there forever before my mom came up. But it was probably only long enough for them to finish dinner.

"What`s wrong, honey?" She asked.

I told her everything. Everything about Ethan. Everything.

When I was done she said, "Well, you start school tomorrow. Maybe you will see him there."

"That`s right!" I said putting my arms around her embracing her, her brown hair falling onto my face. We stayed like that for a while, but then she had to go do the wash, so she left. Just then, I realized during us talking eyes and ears had kept coming out. Wait just one second, eyes and ears. "The fairies that live in your house." Ethan had said. Was there a chance that Ethan was serious and I wasn't crazy? There really were eyes and ears and they belonged to the fairies?

"Come out Fairies!" I commanded. I heard some giggling and then out walked some girls- no fairies. They were short, not like the legends. Only short enough to be a six year old. They had pink hair and wings.

"Awesome!" I screeched. But the didn't look excited like me, they looked angry. I followed their glare and they were staring at the crown. Ethan said they would be mad...

"Why do you have our crown?" one of them asked, angrily.

"I-I-I found it," I stuttered back away towards the door.

"You, you are the great-grand daughter of 'The Great One'. You don't seem like it. You released us into the world by telling us to come out. The Great One worked so hard to get us into their. Thank you for accidentally doing this." One of the fairies said, and they all flew off expect one. This one looked different, gothic.

"You will die," She told me.