Say You Remember Me

Bloody Mary's

“Quay! Get your ass up here!”

I smiled at my would-have-been-new-boy. “Sorry, darling. Gotta jet. Rain check?” I said in my velvety voice before gracefully jogging up to the bar counter. Even in my black cocktail dress and killer high heeled sandals, it was too easy to jog up there.

Martin practically shoved the tray full of cocktails into my hands. He had a grumpy look on his face. “You’re late.”

I licked my fingers. “Had to grab a bite to eat!”

“Quay—”

I turned on my heel, flipping my black hair. “Thank you, darling!”

I looked at my pale white hand and grimaced. “Ugh. I gotta tan so bad!”

“You could say that again.”

I turned around too fast, the tray hitting someone’s head and the cocktails spilling everywhere. “God….no…damnit….I am so sorry…” I stammered angrily, picking up the empty glasses. “I’ll get someone to clean that up….” I smiled at the man who the tray hit. “Free drink on me, pal!”

As I was walking back to the counter, I turned to the voice in which had distracted me. He smirked with amusement and I scowled. “What’re you doing here?”

The tall, dark figure stepped from the wall in which he was leaning against, his green eyes glowing like a cat’s. “Long time no see, Evie. Or is it Sabrina now? I lose track.”

I stalked off toward the bar counter, but I knew he was following me. “It’s Quay, and I’d thank you not to call me Evie. I need some more cocktails, Martin,” I jerked my thumb at the man behind me. “This jerk spilled all mine.”

Martin glowered at him, but mixed some cocktails just as well.

With a heavy sigh, I turned around. “What do you want, Booth?”

Booth grinned. “Just haven’t seen you in a while, is all. Long time we don’t get drunk together.”

I rolled my eyes, though unable to hide my surfacing smile. “Sure, Both.”

“Quay,” Martin put more cocktails on my tray.

I smiled. “Thanks, darln’.”

Booth followed me as I walked. “Still got that irresistible southern accent, I see.”

I winked at him. “Southern women do it best. And it’s hard not to pick it up when you live in Nashville , sweet cakes.” I handed a cocktail to some random guy with a smile before turning back to Booth. “Oh, and that reminds me—you’d better stop by my restaurant some time this week. Maybe then we can get drunk together.”

Booth chuckled. “You have a restaurant?”

“Sure thing! I got everything there! I mean, I can’t guarantee everyone would love the food or drinks there, if you know what I mean,” I said with a wink. “It’s called Bloody Mary’s. Look it up online and you’ll find the location.”

“Yeah, sure….”

I walked away with a swagger. “I better see you there! Or else!”

“Oh, yeah? What’s your name there, smart ass?!” Booth called back.

I turned my head with a wide grin. “Come and find out.”

I Like to Move It, by Crazy Frog, was playing and I couldn’t resist the extra bounce to my step. It so sucked I was here only to work and for a meal. No time for partying it up. Plus, tomorrow night I had to run my restaurant. Wow, my life was really hectic sometimes. But then again, really fun, too.

[☼♥☼♥☼]

I looked up with a smile and shoved my dinner aside. “You actually showed up!”

Booth, hands in his pockets, smirked. “No one can refuse you, Evangeline.”

I shook a finger at him. “Uh-uh,” I said, as though telling a huge secret. “It’s Mary here. Hence the name”

Booth rolled his cat eyes and sat next to me. “What’s with the names, Evie?”

“I’m not answering ‘till you call me by my name.”

Booth groaned. “Mary, you’re acting ridiculous.”

I grinned. “Thank you, darling.” I sighed, waving a hand. “It’s so boring to have one name, isn’t it?”

“It’s confusing to have three, yeah?” Booth countered.

I sighed deeply. “Three, darling? Only three?” I giggled. “Why, darling, how slow you are tonight!”

Booth shook his head, exasperated. “You’re absolutely eccentric.”

I smiled. “Yes, I know. That’s why everyone loves me.”

“And why no man can keep you.”

“Aw,” I said with a mock pout. “Are you still sore at me?”

“Who, me?” Booth snorted. “I knew it was a longshot anyhow. Besides, I had many women to mend my….er, bruised ego.”

I snickered softly. “You’re poor, poor ego.”

“Just you wait,” Booth warned with an amused grin. “Some guy’s gonna turn you down one of these days. And I’m gonna be there, in all my glory, watching your ego shatter at your feet.”

“Hmm, well, that’s never going to happen,” I pumped my black curls. “I’m too irresistible.”

Booth snorted and rolled his eyes. “Yeah, sure you are.”

“Oh, now, darling, let’s not argue,” I jumped to my feet, grabbing Booth’s arm to tow him along with me. “I must show you the kitchen!”

I pulled him through the double, swinging doors and breathed in the lovely scent of food. Booth wrinkled his nose. “You actually disguise our diet with human diets?”

I waved a hand. “Pshh! Just look; it’s amazing! Besides, it’s more money to get an entire mortal,” I chuckled ecstatically. “Take this muffin for example.”

Booth stared at the muffin with pure disgust. “What is that?”

“It’s no raspberries, just take a bite.” I watched with silent excitement as Booth hesitantly bit into the muffin. “Isn’t it simply divine! I’ve come up with so many recepies with blood that intermingle with the mortal diet. Isn’t it fantastic?”

Booth, with a smile, shook his head. “Only you.”

“I know! Oh—and I sing here, too. Not tonight, I’m much too exhausted from having to deal with mortals all day yesterday. But how else do people expect me to fetch supplies for my restaurant? Go to a super market? Actually,” I paused. “Come to think of it a super market’s not a bad idea, either. How ironic would that be!”

“Cocktail waitressing is at night,” Booth pointed out.

“Oh, right. Wouldn’t get many shoppers at night…” I smiled instantly. “Oh well—I’m doing well for myself anyway!”

Booth laughed. “You sure are. You’ve got a nice, little business going on.”

“I know and everyone comes, too! Some of the most important vampires of all times come here!”

Booth looked around the kitchen absent mindedly. “I believe it.”

“Oh course you do—if anyone were to doubt me the world would have to be coming to an end!”

Booth just chuckled. “Have you ever considered calling yourself Daisy?”

I wrinkled my nose. “Why would I ever call myself a name that’s used for cows?”

“Oh nothing. It’s just you kind of remind me of Daisy from that old book The Great Gatsby.”

“Oh, Booth, how silly you are!” I giggled. Booth may look twenty-five, but he’s really nearly three hundred years old. He still enjoyed reading classic, mortal books, too. Me? If I ever read, it was mortal vampire books. Reading what mortals thought of us was simply amusing. Booth was probably over that stage in life where he thought mortals were amusing. I hadn’t been around very long—maybe a year. Who’s counting? And even though I don’t remember anything about being human, I love being a vampire. I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Which is way, one might assume, I don’t allow mortal lovers in my restaurant. I don’t even speak to mortal lovers. They’re bad for my reputation. I had come to despise vampires like Stefan Salvatore and his little wench—they dare call themselves vampires? And there was a nasty rumor going around that Stefan’s older brother—known to be a ruthless vampire who cared not at wink for mortals—was in love with a mortal girl. But, from what the rumors say, another vampire killed her.

Good riddance. Any vampire that falls in love with a mortal must be disposed of. Damon was lucky that false romance had ended when it did—or else he would have had to face the consequences, too.

Booth said I treated the matter like some people obsessed over the Titanic or the Civil War. Damon Salvatore falling in love with a mortal girl was like a breaking point in history for me, Booth said. He said I was crazy to obsess over it. But why shouldn’t I? I had admired Damon Salvatore to the extremes but then I found out he had fallen in love with a mortal, I was disgusted with him and myself for ever being inspired by him.

But I was going to be better than Damon Salvatore. I didn’t care if I was a fairly new vampire or not. I was well on my way to being the best vampire ever lived. What, with this restaurant business and nearly everyone knowing me because of it. I wouldn’t go wrong like Damon did, though.

No way in hell was I ever going to fall in love with a mortal man.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG, EVERYONE BREATHE!
No Damon, sorry--but at least he's mentioned. So I guess you get an idea on the story plot. Sorry it's so short. I had to get it out. So what does everyone think of Quay/Evie/Mary? I couldn't decide on a name, so I thought it'd be fun to make her eccentric and use different names in different places. I like Quay the best(btw, it's short for something)

Don't forget Biography of a Vampire, everyone. It's the next story I'll be updating.

I think I just watched a bunch of old Bewitched episodes this week,,lol. I can't believe I haven't watched a bunch of movies this week! But, I did have a TON of hmwk and then tomorrow I'm painting! Yay! Painting makes me really happy and excited for some sick reason,lol

Anyway, hope you guys like the first chapter; comments are extremely welcome, without them, I don't have the drive to finish a story. So...yeah,lol