Say You Remember Me

Womanly Charm

I found myself distracted throughout the next two days. Booth still wasn’t talking to me, and that mysterious guy was still a mystery. I tried so hard to figure out who the guy was. It was such a strange sensation, dancing with him. And had the woman been his girlfriend? She looked like she was fifteen years old and he twenty at least! Even if they were both vampires—which I assumed they were—it would still be weird.

Needless to say, I was bored. So I was going out in town to have some fun with my friend, Hadley. We went to this sweet nightclub that had vampires, humans, and every other “mystical creature” you could imagine. Nice day to let an employee take my place at cocktail waitress tonight—of course she wasn’t as good as me, but oh well. I had posers everywhere looking for fresh human blood.

I felt sexier than ever under the strobe lights as I swayed my hips seductively to any guy who paid attention. And, knowing how amazingly gorgeous I looked, they all were looking. The black dress I wore was super low cut to a teasing point, and had three slashes in each side with the entire back exposed, and if I bent down enough I could flash a nice peak at my lacey thong. My curly red hair fell over my shoulders irresistibly.

Hadley laughed, grabbing some random human by the collar and dragging him on the dance floor. She looked almost as sexy as I was, but not close enough. Hadley would always be second best; as long as she knew that, we could be friends.

I listened with interest to the song called ‘Black Cat’ by the band called Mayday Parade.

Finally I was taken to dance by a sexy man, for a mortal, that is. He complimented everything about me that I already, as was the problem with humans. We danced for two songs before I was swept off my feet by another man...who was human.

After the first song ended, I was tiring of humans and found a nice werewolf to dance with. He was a good dancer and complimented with his eyes and expression rather than his words.

But there’s only so much fun dancing and having guys pine after you can be. After four hours of clubbing, I went outside with my screw driver and to have a smoke.

I leaned against the brick wall, cigarette in one hand, drink in the other, switching every now and then of which went to my mouth.

The bass of the club music still pulsed under my feet, even outside.

I blew out a puff of smoke boredly before chucking the cigarette effortlessly across the parking lot. It landed in dead grass. I watched as the grass took a tiny flame. The tiny flame kept growing, to my pleasure. I watched in helpless fascination.

My eyes narrowed as some guy came over and stomped out the increasing fire. “Never would have thought you were a pyromaniac.”

I smiled deliciously. “Why, whatever could you be implying?”

The stomper-of-my-fire stepped over to me, hands in his pockets. “That there’s more to you than you let on.”

His eyes scanned me up and down and I felt pleased that he’d found me sexy, even more than all those men in the club put together.

“You disappeared on me,” I said lazily, taking a sip out of my drink. I hid the fact that I was saddened by his disappearance more than I should have been.

He smirked. “I didn’t think you’d care.”

“Well, you just left without any warning.” My lips pulled back in a tight smile of mischief. “We had quite a blast, after all…..Right?”

His smirk lit with as much mischief as mine had maintained. “I wouldn’t be here if that weren’t the case.”

I stared at him almost in astonishment, raising a brow. “Is that so?”

He stepped closer, and I could almost feel my dead heart wanting to kick start alive again. “Yeah.”

I put a hand on his chest—and tried not to melt with that small bit of contact—and firmly said, “Now, look here. Nothing will be so until I know who you are.”

Disappointment flickered in his black eyes and he shrugged. “What’s it matter? You don’t seem like the type to remember, anyway.”

I was fairly certain I would remember, but in the past I hadn’t and it hurt to hear the truth in his words. More than it should. I lifted my chin in determination. “Hmph. I didn’t take you for being a nosy asshole.”

He laughed at that, stepping back to fold his arms over his chest. “If I answer your question, could I ask you one of my own?”

Anything, I longed to tell him breathlessly. But I held firm. Never had I been so captivated with a man. Never. And I would sell Bloody Mary’s in two seconds flat if it meant living the rest of my undead life with him. But who’s to say that was what he’d ask me, anyway? Who was I to assume he felt the same? I didn’t even have a real damn name for crying out loud!

In the swirl of my own thoughts, I managed to nod nonchalantly.

The mystery man saw through that, though. He always seemed to see right through my sexy bitch façade….Maybe that’s why I liked him so much. “It’s Damon. Damon Salvatore.”

I hadn’t meant to jerk back as fast as I did, nearly tripping over my large heels. This, this gorgeous man that had me wanting to sell my business for him, was Damon Salvatore? The human lover?

No. Fucking. Way!

His eyes became hard as he stared at my mouth hanging open in astonishment. “What?”

It took my two tries to say, “Y-you’re Damon Salvatore?”

He took my repulsion as intimidation, and his smirk broadened. “Heard of me, have you?”

“Oh, yeah.” My voice became hard. “I used to look up to you.”

Damon blinked once. “Used to?”

“Yeah. Then you fell in love with humans!”

I sometimes misjudge people. I misjudged Damon’s weakness towards humans and assumed he was weak all over. I was wrong. His hand crushing into my throat, pinning me high against the wall, told me that. Fire burned in his black eyes as he glared at me hatefully. And for a minute, I was truly scared. I hadn’t been this scared since the night I first woke up….

“What?!” Damon hissed.

Though I didn’t really need the throat he was breaking, it was still uncomfortable; like he tear off my entire head with the pressure hoisting me by my neck in the air. I coughed once. Obviously someone had gotten their sources mixed up. He sure as hell didn’t look like a human lover. “You denying it?”

He pressed tighter. “You still want your head attached to the rest of your damned body?”

I forced a laugh, though the sound was muted. It was hard to talk, and my voice squeaked like someone was holding my nose. “Hey, all I know are rumors….” I swallowed thickly. “And they say you’ve gone human soft. Fell in love with them.”

I thought Damon would literally shove me through the brick wall. I actually heard it start to crack. A grim smile played on his lips as he growled, “Just one. Only one.”

“Let me down,” I demanded, starting to feel helpless. No one makes me helpless and gets away with it!

Damon loosened his grip just slightly. “You gonna be a good little girl?”

I huffed in frustration. “You mean don’t kick your ass? I’ll give you an I OWE U! LET ME DOWN!”

“As you wish.”

I plummeted to the ground without warning. I was higher than I thought and my leg made a sickening snap as I landed. I glared up at Damon. “Damnit. To think I for a second thought you were a gentleman!”

Damon laughed, arms crossed over his chest again. “Lots of women make that mistake. You’re fine. Stop your bitching.”

Never had a man talked to me like that; not even Booth. I had to hide the smile that so desperately wanted to cover my scowl. “What the fuck do you want?”

Damon tsk-tsked. “Such language from a lady.”

I stood as soon as I shifted the bone back, laughing slightly. “You know I’m no lady.”

He smirked. “Yeah. I know. I also know you’re insane.”

My lips pulled back in a fierce snarl. “Watch what you’re saying.”

Damon laughed darkly. I had a feeling he no longer liked me….

“What do you want?!” I snapped.

“Information.” He was business now. Great. It was easier to hate him that way. “You know a vampire called Jeremy Huygens?”

I made an unattractive face. “No. Why?”

Damon frowned. “You have a bar that almost every vampire goes to. You must have seen him. Blonde, brown eyes…”

I smiled. “I get a lot of those. Plus, I’m not the type to remember names.” I quoted him. Ha, take that, bitch!

Damon smirked. “I have a proposition for you, then.”

“What?” I asked suspiciously.

“How would you like to mature in the land of vampires?”

“Mature? Why, I’ll have you know—”

“Save it. I know you’re hardly a year old.”

Huffing, I grumbled, “What’s your proposition?”

Damon smirked. “I’m hunting this vampire down. I might be able to use your intellect and….womanly charm.”

I snorted. “Why don’t you get your dark haired girlfriend to help?”

“Huh? What dark haired girlfriend….Oh!” He started laughing. “Nicole’s definitely not my girlfriend. Too young for me. No, she’s his little fledgling. I need her help, too.”

I put my hands on my hips. “Then what do you need me for?”

Damon smirked. “I said womanly charm, didn’t I? Jeremy already knows Nicole. But you…..why, my dear, you’re fresh meat.”

I gaped at him.

“Too chicken?”

“I am not!” I shouted in indignation. “Where do I sign up?”

Damon smirked like he’d just won the lottery. So what if he’d gotten what he wanted! I was not going to be called a chicken! But the thing is….I couldn’t tell whether I hated Damon or admired him; even if he was a human lover. He’d never taunt me over to the dark side.

But if it was womanly charm he wanted….he was sure to get it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, yes, I'm alive! I know it's short, so terribly short, but I had to get an update in at least. I have a list of excuses, but none of which you'd like to hear. I think I've lost all my fan-base, anyway, and that is entirely my fault.

But I think I'm back. So expect an update in 'I Dream of You' and then SYRM. Dunno bout BOAV yet, still weighing my options on that baby. Speaking of baby's.....I'm pregnant.

JUST KIDDING! Haha, there's no way I could handle any more kids right now! Upon babysitting my little brothers all week, I've had to babysit their bratty friends :P Needless to say, I'm going kidless for as long as possible!

Horrible joke, though, I know. Couldn't resist.

So who's seen Knight and Day? Omg, it was so awesome! I loved it, and I usually don't like Tom Cruise, but even he was awesome. It was just hilarious.

Anyway, don't want my AN being longer than the chapter, so I'm off like a dirty shirt!

TTFN,
Hannah