Status: Completed! Sequal;; Hold Tight to Your Vampire. (:

Dance in the Dark.

23. Random Memories.

I was shoved back into my body and rather dizzy. Once I got a grip on everything, I glared at Aster.

"What'd I do now?"

"HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW?! I DON'T KNOW FUCKING ANYTHING!" I yelled.

"Well, glad to see you take after your mother."

I sank back where I was sitting. "How do you know my mama?"

"I don't exactly. But I--" There was a loud crash, causing both of us to shut our traps.

Aster put a finger to his lips and I put my hand on my mouth while FML was running rapidly through my mind.

"I think I know a way we can get out of here but you're going to have to trust me." Aster whispered to me.

"I barely know you, how can I trust you?!" I whisper-yelled.

"You trusted me when you told me about the Voice of the Dead. So trust me now."

"That was with a secret, this is with my life! I already lost my memory, I'm soo not losing my life here."

Aster sighed. "If you don't trust me than I'm going to leave you here and you can be turned into Swiss Cheese ala Alice, 'kay?"

Damn. "Fine. What's your plan?"

"Run like a bat outta hell."

"THAT'S YOUR PLAN?!" I yelled. Both of eyes went wide and Aster tackled me to the ground, pinning my arms above my head with one hand and covering my mouth which was still yelling many unlady-like things at him.

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP?!" He whisper-yelled at me. "It's either that or we get killed in a fucking tree!"

I huffed and gave up. Aster let go of me and helped me up. "How fast can you run?"

"I don't know..."

I crawled out of my basement window at 2:14a.m. and ran. I ran out of town, finding out I was in Atlanta, and ran. I didn't stop until I saw the sun come up.

I can run a mile in five minutes so I must have ran 45 miles at most.

I took a break when I reached a forest, sliding down a tree and falling asleep. An hour, maybe, later I went walking again. When I was out of the forest, I was extremely pleased when seeing a sign that read:

Welcome to Mystic Falls.


My eyes went wide.

"Alice? Alice what is it?"

"I think I can run a mile in five minutes..." I said low.

"You remembered something, didn't you?"

I nodded. "Why was I running from Atlanta to here?"

"I'll explain when we're not about to be turned into Swiss Cheese. Hell, I don't even fucking like Swiss Cheese so let's go."

I nodded and we peered out, no sign of anyone, and ran like hell.

"Do you know where we're going?!" I yelled to Aster on my right.

"No idea but I'm hoping it's out of this damned forest!" He yelled back.

Again, all I could think was FML.

"How do you know me?"

"I don't, my mama does." Both their eyes went wide.

The guy's eyes went down to my necklace--my mama's ring on a small chain.

"Where'd you get this?" He asked me.

"My mama, it was her ring."

"Who are you?"

"Forgive my rudeness, I am Alice Renee Sterling-Salvatore." They gasped, slightly.


I gasped at the flashback.

"Another memory?" Aster yelled over to me.

"I think so! It's so weird too..." I shook it off and continued to run.

Aster and I have spent most of the night talking because I refuse to dance to Bad Romance in my heels. Lady Gaga may but I dare not to.

"What song is this?" Aster asked me when Bad Romance ended.

"I think it's something by Ashley Tisdale."

"You're kidding me, right?"

"No, but it's slower. See?" All the couples were slow dancing and looking cute. Aster stood up and held his hand out to me.

"Well, Alice-Renee, may I have this dance even if it is to Ashley Tisdale?"

I giggled, "Of course Mr. Shaddix." I took his hand and of course, we were in the center of the dance floor.

"I remember this song now," I said nearly halfway through it. "It's Kiss the Girl, from the Little Mermaid soundtrack I think."

"Kiss the Girl, huh?"

I smiled and realized how close we were. And within a second right in the middle, he kissed me...


I gasped again, eyes so wide, and glanced over at Aster.

"Something wrong, Alice?" He called over.

"N-no...I just haven't had to run so much in a whi--SHIT!" I yelled as I smacked face first into a huge tree. FML...FML...

"Alice? Alice you okay?" Aster said, next to me now.

"Yeah..I'm, I'm fine..."

"I don't think you should run, here, get on my back."

I didn't bother object, so much running through my mind, and we hightailed it out of there. Shockingly, back into Mystic Falls.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update today!
Whoo!
I think I'll do a third because I want to get to the really good part you're all dying for ^.^
Comment!
(: