Status: Completed! Sequal;; Hold Tight to Your Vampire. (:

Dance in the Dark.

o8. Lucky Girl and Mr. Shaddix.

"If you don't mind me asking, why is your name Lucky?" I asked her. I mean, I know I'm named after Alice from Alice in Wonderland, but Lucky?

"Because I was born two months premature and had terrible breathing problems the first few weeks of my life that I'm lucky to be alive and sitting here and breathing on my own now." She smiled. My jaw dropped slightly. "Why is your name Alice?"

"Because my mom was obsessed with Alice in Wonderland..." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Uh, because my mom liked the name." Yeah..that's it...

"Oh. You remind me a lot of Alice from Alice in Wonderland though, other than the fact you look like her polar opposite." She chuckled. "Oh! Aster! Meet Alice." She said when a black haired guy walked in.

He had black hair covering his eyes, his left barely peeping out, wearing black skinnies, converses, and a black buttoned down long sleeve with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

Jeeze, who died? I mean, I know I love wearing all black but he's like walking death where Lucky's like a big bowl of sunshine.

"Aster, this is Alice. Alice, Aster Shaddix." Lucky said, still smiling like the big bowl of sunshine she is.

"Hi." He said grimly. Uh, walking death much?

"Hi." I returned, my mom's Estonian accent seeping into my words yet again.

He had blue eyes. Or..a blue left eye anyway, which he narrowed at me. "Are you Estonian or something?"

How'd he catch that? Most people confuse it with other accents. "Not exactly..my mom is so I guess I inheritted it. Accent she'd use sometime and all."

"Huh. Interesting. What's your mom's name?"

"Ka--" Whoa, don't release anything to the presses, Alice. You mom's well known around here. "Ka...ssa. With a 'K'. She's very original." Kassa, nice Alice.

He narrowed his blue eye...s? again. "What'd you say your last name was?"

"I didn't."

"What is it?"

"If anyone asks who you are, you reply in six words: I am Alice Sterling-Salvatore. Don't be afraid of who you are or what. But only tell those you know you can trust."

Make up your mind mom. "HEY HEY!" I heard a girl's voice as she walked into the class. Black hair, black and purple outfit, black fedora, sunglasses with probably purple eyes underneath.

"Alice! Hey! It's been so long! Strange how we came here 'round the same time!" Yupp, Nikki.

"Oh, hey Nikki." I said.

"Who's Nikki?" Alice asked.

"I'm her cousin. I came here from Danville." She said, putting emphasis on Danville. My eyes widened and she nodded.

"What's the big deal about Danville?" Aster asked, still like he was walking death.

"Oh...we have a lot of family there. Like mine, my mom is there." She's in Danville, Alice.

"Oh..interesting." Lucky said.

"Yeah..interesting. So, you were saying, Alice?" Aster said.

"Hm?"

"Your last name."

I looked up at Nikki. 'At lunch.' She mouthed to me.

"Uhm, I'll tell you at lunch." I said.

"Why?" Lucky asked.

"It's...complicated."

Very, very complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
SHE'S IN DANVILLE!! hahaa.
But who is this mysterious Aster..?
Why's he so death like and curious about Alice..?
Comment and you shall see(:
^.^