Status: Be patient.

Lie to me

1 year later

--1 year later--

I walked into school, knowing today was going to be a good day. I saw the one person that I wanted to see, and ran.
"DEREK!" I yelled with a smile. He went to Hawaii for the summer, and I hadn't seen him since the last day of school. He turned around and smiled in my direction. He gave me a long hug and smiled. "I missed you." I said with a serious tone. He looked at me with a thoughtful look and I could tell he knew how I felt. After the incident on the first day of school last year, we've been inseparable. He actually has sleepovers at my house sometimes. He knows me.

After school, Derek came over to my house and we watched movies. There are always the times when we may get really close, and other feelings come into play. But I've restrained myself from doing anything. He's my friend.. he can't be anything more, It would just be weird. I mean, he would never like me like that.

Derek decided to sleep over tonight and once we are finally in bed, he turns to look me like he has something he really wants to tell me, but doesn't know if he should.
"Tell me. I know there is something on your mind.. what is it?" I tell him.
"It's nothing" He says as he rolls onto his back.
"Bullshit." I say as he looks at me for a second, and then smiles. But he looks away after a second as if he can't handle looking at me while he tells me.
"I'm going out with Anne." He says after closing his eyes. I didn't know what to say. I was in shock. I turn onto my back and stare up at the ceiling. He likes Anne. The most popular girl in school.. and he likes her. I felt like I was going to cry.. and I didn't even know why. I mean, who cares if he doesn't like me.. but I mean - Anne? My stomach felt sick. I felt like I needed to lean over just to make the pain go away. That's when I sat up and clutched my stomach and groaned. He sat up with panic in his eyes. "Tara? What's wrong?" All I could do was run into the bathroom and puke.