Status: Be patient.

Lie to me

The play

---Back to Tara's POV---
We only kissed that one time, but oh god.. there was so much passion in it, It was hard not to do it again. The next week at school was like any other. I walked into school, we acted like friends, went to every class. It was a normal day. He slept at my house every night that next week, and every night there was more sexual tension then there was the night before. He was still going out with Anne. I don't understand why though, what is it about her that he likes so much?

There was a play going on at our school. I tried out for a small role though, I was a horrible actress. Derek got the lead role, the only downside - Anne was the other lead, and it was a romance. The good part - It's short. Only about three scenes, we preform in about 1 week from now.

.......

Every day at school the next week though, Derek acted funny around me. He never talked me at school, and he ignored me the whole way home. Each night, he would say less and less to me. I tried talking to one of his good friends, Max, but he didn't say anything. The only real thing he would say to me would be 'let's just go to bed'.
.......

The day of the play was today, and I was nervous. The drama teacher made me wear a short skimpy dress that had cut-outs and showed alot of skin. I was supposed to be a figure skater, but I had kinda hoped that they had worn more clothing then this. I didn't see Derek at all on the day of the play, but I kinda didn't expect too. The main scene of the play is with Derek and Anne. They dance, and then he kisses her. I apologize if I don't really want to go into detail with that scene.

.......

I just finished my scene. All I had to do was stand in the background and look pretty. Not the funnest. Anne is nowhere to be seen though, and the most important scene is coming up. As I stand by the curtain watching the lights go on, and Derek standing there alone, Max walks up behind me and pushes me on-stage. Derek smiles in my direction and grabs my hand as he pulls me into the dance...