Opening Based on Devices and Desires

Only Chapter

She had been missing for a few days. That was long for her loving parents. They were just about to hear the most terrible news about their beautiful daughter, Nikki Smith, aged eighteen years to the very last day her parents saw her.

This had all happened to Nikki, a young caring helpful person, because she had stopped to give a woman some directions to the refuge centre a few streets away from the last place she had been seen alive.

Earlier that evening Nikki had been to a meal with her family and friends, Jess, Katie and Scott, at the Golden Dragon Restaurant a five minute walk away from her house. After everyone had had their delicious meal, Nikki had opened all of her cards and presents saying thank you to everyone for the lovely cards and presents, Nikki and her friends all went out clubbing.

They all went to the only club in their small town where they lived. They stayed there until about one o’clock, an hour before closing time. As Nikki and her friends Jess and Katie were leaving just turned around to Scott and told him that they would wait outside for him to finish his drink and come. As she walked back towards Jess and Katie, Scott watched her walk away in the flashing lights of the club while he was just finishing his drink.

Nikki, Jess and Katie all stood waiting for Scott to come for what seemed forever, eventually Scott came walking out of the club with sweat running down his face.

As the four best friends began to walk home, Scott and Nikki were walking side by side holding on to each others hands. When they got to the dim lighted park, Scott took Nikki in his arms for one last hug for the night.

As he whispered something in to Nikki’s ear she shook her head as if to say no to what he was suggesting. Nikki stepped back, and looked deep into his baby blue eyes and Scott looked into her beautiful brown eyes, and told Scott goodbye for what was going to be the last time. Scott grabbed hold of Nikki’s head and gave her a kiss of her soft cheek.

As Nikki and Jess walked though the dark park, Scott watched them disappear out of his sight then began to walk towards Katie’s house to take her home as a favour to Katie’s parents. As Nikki walked a few feet behind Jess she stopped to see if someone was alright as they looked lost and worried. All that the woman wanted to know was where refuge centre was so that she could get away from her partner.

Now her parents were hearing the terrible news that her handbag had been found. And at the exactly same time Scott was being told. And as he heard this he blamed it all on himself for not getting Nikki and Jess a taxi when he suggested it.

THE END