Status: Finished {But Please Still Comment}

Infatuated

Momentary Insanity

“No.” I said, my voice sounding surprisingly strong. “No way.”

“Tess.” Mikey’s eyes were burning with anger. I had never noticed before how similar Mikey’s eyes were to his brother’s. Browns swirling with green around a small black dot...

That’s because I couldn’t look at Gerard before without wanting to rip his face off.

“I said no Mikey.” I weakly wiped a bead of sweat off my forehead. “Guys, there is no way I am letting Gerard bite me. I’m a hunter for shit’s sake. I can’t do my job respectively if I’m a god damned vampire!”

I felt Gerard place his cool hands on my neck and I smiled slightly despite my pain. His skin felt so nice against the blistering temperature of my own. “Tess.” He sighed, and his wintery breath flew down my spine, making it tingle. “I promise you, me biting you will not turn you into a vampire.” His tone was extremely strained.

“Don’t bullshit me Gerard.” I scoffed, “We all know what happens when a vampire bites a human.”

“Actually Tess,” The lenses of Mikey’s glasses shone brightly in the dim light, “I hate to sound rude but, you kinda know nothing.”

“You get bitten you get turned. It’s Hunter 101.” I stated, rolling my eyes like an angsty teenager. A round of coughing that racked my entire body began then and I let a few tears leak out of the corners of my eyes as the cough’s burned up my throat.

“Well in most cases yes-” Mikey tried to explain, but was quickly interrupted by Gerard.

“Mikey, we do not have time to explain the logistics to her.” He nearly growled at his little brother, “We’re running out of time!”

“Gerard, it’s her body, her choice.” Mikey’s mouth was twisted into a hard line, “We can’t force her to do something she doesn’t want to!”

“Yeah Gerard.” I mimicked, trying to lighten the situation some. The tension in the small, stuffy room was so thick you could cut it with a knife. “My body my choice.”

“Shut up,” Both brothers chorused.

“Tess.” Mikey’s words were extremely rushed, “I need you to listen good and hard, okay?”

I nodded mutely.

“When a vampire bites a human it does release venom into the human’s bloodstream, but not the kind that turns them into a vampire.”

“There’s more than one kind?” I exclaimed.

“Can I finish?” Mikey raised an eyebrow and I blushed in embarrassment. “Anyways,” He carried on, “The venom they release is used to, um... preoccupy the victim while the vampire is drinking.”

“Preoccupy?” I was confused. “What the fuck does that mean?” Mikey scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and opened and closed his mouth a couple times, trying to form words but failing.

“The venom that they release causes the victim to experience a feeling of extreme... ecstasy.” Gerard’s voice rumbled throughout his chest.

“Yeah.” Mikey muttered, “This kind of venom also contains a fair bit of the vampire’s DNA, so it should help you....” He trailed off and squeezed my hands comfortingly.

“How’s that going to help me?” I shuddered violently as the heat shot through my body once more. Gerard wrapped his arms around me gently and placed a soothing kiss on the top of my head.

“Vampires have a much stronger immune systems then human’s Tessy.” Gerard’s voice tickled my ear, “So my vampire DNA should give your immune system a little boost, and you should be in the clear.”

“Why yours?” I questioned, my voice extremely quiet.

“Tessy,” Gerard sighed impatiently, “Is that really important?! Time is of the essence here!”

“I want to know.” There was no force behind my words; they came out breathy. Gerard rolled his eyes but complied, answering; “Tessy, you have to understand that Rache is sort of an... well, an artist when it comes to creating curses. She designs them herself; custom making them to fit her victim. When Rache manufactured the curse... she kinda used some of my DNA...” He trailed off, gauging my reaction.

What did he expect me to do? Blow up in his face? It’s not his fault that Rache used his DNA.

“So right now it’s kinda, my DNA, which she altered to be deadly by the way, attacking your system.” Gerard paused again, but I didn’t say anything. “And by injecting more of my untainted venom into your bloodstream, it should neutralize the deadly venom attacking your body right now...”

“That is so confusing.” I groaned, rolling my head back and closing my eyes. “So one type of venom cures, the other...?” I trailed off in puzzlement.

“Turns you into a vampire.” Mikey explained to me. “The first kind is released automatically, then the second is released only if a vampire chooses.”

“Guys,” Gerard interrupted. “We need to do this fast. I can hear her heart stuttering.”

I had not noticed any change in my heartbeat. It had been erratic and irregular ever since that dreaded red mist had come into contact with my body, so this uncomfort was the norm.

Mikey flashed me a worried glance and stood up, turning towards the small wooden door. I reached out and grabbed his wrist as he walked by me, “Where you going?” I was well aware how tiny and feeble my voice sounded, but I did not care. I was scared; yes, I admit it; I was positively terrified, and this whole ordeal would have been so much easier if Mikey just stayed while Gerard had his fangs in my neck.

“I need to leave Tessy... believe me, while this is going on you will not want me here.” He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. “I’ll see you when your 100% again, I promise.” He quickly stepped out of the door and closed it gently behind him.

I quickly swallowed the large lump that was growing rapidly in my throat.

“Um... you ready?” Gerard’s voice was careful.

“Nope.” I sighed, and turned around to face him, “But I’ll never be. Let’s do this.”

He flashed me a small smile and stood up, “Now I promise,” He grabbed me gently by the shoulders and propped me up against a mound of pillows, softly pushing my sweaty hair out of my face when he was finished. The heat that was coursing throughout my bloodstream flared up worse than before once the constant skin to skin contact we had been diligently maintaining over the past hours was broken.“I will not hurt you, okay Tess? Do you understand me?”

I nodded but sent him a cynical smile, “Gerard,” I rasped, “Not too long ago you attempted to rip my throat out, and now I’m willingly letting you sink your teeth into my neck, so I all honestly, I’m scared shitless, but fuck it, I really have no other options, do I? So just do it already.” I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists, preparing myself for the inevitable bite.

Gerard shot me a sad smile and then took a hesitant step towards me, his eyes searching me for any sign that I wanted him to stop. I gave him a curt nod; to signify I was as ready and I was ever going to be.

Gerard cautiously climbed up onto the soft mattress and placed his knees one on either side of my hips. He snaked his arms around my back, pulling me up off the mattress towards him. He noticed that I was shaking slightly and apologized softly. I just rolled my eyes and coughed out an annoyed ‘Just do it already.’

His cool fingers scraped my blonde curls off my neck, leaving the pale patch of skin exposed and vulnerable. It was then that I closed my eyes and tried to regulate my breathing; which was almost at the level of hyperventilation by now. I felt his freezing lips brush my neck softly, causing goose-bumps to rise, and his arms tightened around me pulling me even closer to his chest. To my extreme embarrassment a red hot crimson blush creeped up my neck- I prayed to god that Gerard didn’t notice, he’d tear the mickey out of me if he did.

Then without any warning I felt two sharp fangs pierce my skin and I cried out in surprise, but then fell silent.

An entire new sensation swept throughout my veins, banishing the heat that had plagued my body. All rational thinking flew out of my body along with the heat; the only thing my mind could comprehend was the pure bliss coursing through my bloodstream. Without a second thought I threw my arms around Gerard’s neck, trying to bring him closer. I felt him go ridged in surprise, but I didn’t care. Hell, I didn’t even remember my own name. My hands (who seemed to have a mind of their own) wandered to Gerard’s silky hair, tangling themselves into it. My back arched and my legs wrapped themselves around Gerard’s torso as I tried to get as close as possible to him.

A soft moan slipped out from between my lips; Gerard could have asked me to shoot myself in the foot right now and I would have done it, I was completely under his control.

He suddenly retracted his fangs and pulled away from me and the spell was broken. I quickly removed my fingers from his hair and unwrapped my legs from his body, extremely embarrassed by my behaviour.

“I am so sorry.” I breathed out and buried my now scarlet face into my hands. “I don’t know what came over me.”

A chuckled emitted itself from Gerard’s mouth and I took a peak through my fingers to see him staring at me, a concerned expression plastered on his face. My eyes zeroed in on a red smudge at the corner of Gerard’s mouth. Blood, my blood.

I hesitantly reached out a wiped it off; the bead of red dripping down my finger.

“How do you feel?” Gerard asked, “Can you walk now?”

An extremely good question to ask; I cautiously stretched out all my limbs, relieved to find that the heat was gone. I slipped my legs over the side of the bed and placed my small feet on the cool wooden flooring. I took a hesitant step forwards; turning to give Gerard a sunny smile as my legs didn’t give out on me.

“Thank you.” I said, taking a couple slow steps towards Gerard. I found that I was extremely stiff, but I didn’t care, it didn’t matter; I could walk!

“My pleasure.” His smooth voice showed happiness, “I’m just glad I didn’t suck you dry. You taste very nice by the way.” The familiar smirk had returned to his face.

“Shaddup.” I smiled despite the odd complement and gave Gerard a joking shove.

“So.” Gerard said after a minute of awkward silence, “I’m going to let the guys know that you’re okay...” He trailed off and stepped towards the door. “I want you to stay in bed though, okay Tessy? I took a lot from you, you may feel fine now, but you’re going to get real tired in about three seconds.”

“Yeah yeah mom.” I waved my hand dismissively at him, but crawled back into bed regardless. My eyes were feeling extremely heavy....

“Night Tess.” Gerard quietly shut the door and the small room became silent, and soon enough I found myself drifting off into a sleep that was for once not plagued with nightmares.