Status: Finished {But Please Still Comment}

Infatuated

Maybe Next Time I Should Pop a Mint

I dragged my feet across the cool tile flooring, stumbling blindly along the hall, groping the walls for any form of support. This was the eighth day in a row where I’d tossed and turned, unable to settle down for a peaceful sleep. I’d stare at the boring beige ceiling for hours, my heavy eyes refusing to close. Tonight was no different, but I refused to let this sudden insomnia rule my sleep for another night. I dragged myself into the kitchen, the warm light from the setting sun making me squint my eyes.

The electric green digital clock on the microwave blinked 4:23 pm and I groaned inwardly. This was early, even for me. I wrenched open the fridge door and grabbed the half empty carton of milk and quickly chugged the rest, throwing the now empty carton into the open black garbage that lay against the wall.

I let my eyes flick over the window situated above the sink that was now piled with dirty dishes that everyone in the household seemed too lazy to wash; the very same window that I had tried to escape out of months ago. The broken lock still hung uselessly from the frame and I smiled at my handiwork.

Suddenly two cold hands snaked about my waist, pulling me backwards. I let a small, terrified shriek escape my lips before I attempted to turn around and attack. The stone cold arms tightened around me and I heard someone chuckled lowly in my ear.

“You ever do that again and I swear to god I will kill you.” I sighed out in relief and relaxed back into his chest, my hand clasped over my wildly beating heart.

“But you’re so fun to scare.” Gerard smirked, his mouth grazing my earlobe. I shuddered; shivers running up and down my spine. Over the past couple days Bob had taught me how to block my thoughts from Gerard, and daresay I was getting extremely good at it. Bob was an extraordinary teacher, one with extreme patience. No matter how frustrated I got, Bob remained calm and helped me through it. Now my mind was as secure as a safe, Gerard could no longer see in it, much to his extreme woe.

“You’re nothing but a bully, that all!” I smacked his arm playfully and stepped out of his grasp, turning around to face him. His eyes were closed and his face was tilted upwards towards the setting sun, illuminating his pale face in warm yellows and pinks. “Hey, why aren’t you burning up into ashes?” I inquired, gesturing towards the sun hitting his face. A small smile tugged at the corners of his pale pink lips.

“Direct sunlight my dear.” Gerard murmured, pulling me back to him. I found it extremely odd that I didn’t mind Gerard touching me anymore; to me it was the exact same as when Mikey hugged me or placed his hand on my shoulder. “I only turn to ash in direct sunlight. Sunrises... sunsets... I can still enjoy those.”

I nodded silently and returned my gaze to the sunset, letting my eyes flutter close and the gentle warmth of the sinking sun brush my cheekbones.

“Do you like to swim Tessy?” Gerard’s voice reverberated throughout his chest, sending vibrations through mine as well.

“Yeah, I guess.” I answered with my eyes still closed. “I used to be on the swim team in grade 7. I was pretty fucking good. I won a couple of medals.”

“Well La-di-da.” Gerard laughed lightly.

“Why’d ya ask?”

“Well about 20 years back Ray went on this building rampage and dug a pool back in the forest about 100 yards. I was wondering if you wanted to take a dip.”

“You’ve had a pool all along and you never told me?” I demanded.

“Well, yeah. So you wanna check it out?” Gerard raised an eyebrow.

“Fuck yea I do!” I grinned. Gerard smirked and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me close. I closed my eyes and balled my hands into tight fists, expecting the vertigo any second. After I had spent more time in the house I began to realize that the guys were the laziest bunch of vampires I had ever met in my entire life. They teleported everywhere; down a flight of stairs, to the bottom of the drive to pick up the mail, even across the room to get an apple or something!

A felt the now familiar tugging sensation in my gut and sucked in a deep breath, only letting it out again when I felt my bare feet touch the twig covered ground. I hesitantly opened my eyes and unwrapped my arms from around his neck and stepped back, gasping at the view.

When Gerard said Ray went on a building rampage I expected maybe a shoddy pool that was leaking all over a patch of dirt.

Least to say this was not a shoddy pool that was leaking all over a patch of dirt.

The large 12 foot deep pool sparkled in the setting sun, the inlaid mosaic of the French countryside that was displayed at the bottom of the pool made the water look as if it were on fire. The cool black tiling that surrounded the pool glinted a deep purple, its colour rivalling the beautiful sunset before me. All the trees surrounding the small clearing were strung with solar activated fairy lights; which were now starting to glow a warm yellow and the sun sank below the horizon.
“Wow.” I gasped and took a hesitant step towards the glimmering, dipping my hand into the surprisingly mild water. “When you said that Ray built a pool I didn’t...”

“Expect it to be pretty?” Gerard laughed and shrugged off his heavy black t-shirt, discarding it at the edge of the pool. He started on his bat belt buckle next, and soon that too was sitting at the edge of the pool.

“Uh, what are you doing?” I questioned uncertainly.

“I’m going to go swimming.” Gerard said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. He slipped of his jeans and curled his toes over the edge of the pool, raising his arms over his head. I laughed a little as his batman themed boxer. He threw a smirk over his shoulder and then jumped off the edge, his body curving gracefully in the twilight air before cutting through the water silently. I quickly rushed over to the edge and saw him sitting cross-legged at the bottom of the pool, his black hair floating in a halo around his head and his hazel eyes shining brightly up at me, his pink lips painted upwards into a sunny smile.

Suddenly he pushed upwards against the tiles at the bottom of the pool and shot upwards, his head breaking the surface loudly. He swam up to the edge of the pool and cradled his head in his hands;
“You coming in Tessy?” He grinned, “The waters great.”

“I didn’t bring a suit.” I remembered suddenly, my mouth turning downwards into a frown.

“Just take off your shirt.” Gerard suggested.

“Excuse me?” My mouth hung open and my cheeks flamed red.

“You’re wearing a tank top underneath that shirt, right?” Gerard asked and I nodded. “And if I know you like I think I do, you’re wearing boxers underneath those jean, correct?”

I turned my nose up at his cheeky grin. “So what?” I hissed, crossing my arms over my chest, “I can wear whatever I want you know!” Gerard just rolled his eyes. I made him turn around and I threw off my baggy New York giants t-shirt and black jeans, leaving my in a bright red tank top and some plain neon pink boxers. I backed up a couple of steps and took a running jump and launched myself into the deep end of the pool, flipping once before hitting the water at the wrong angle and wincing as the stinging sensation spread throughout my body.

“That look like it hurt.” Gerard said as I resurfaced. I just grinned and flipped my thick hair out of my face before answering.

“Yup.” I gasped, treading water slowly, “Hurt a hella lot.” I laid on my back like a starfish and stared up at the sky, which by now was dotted with twinkling white stars. I let the cool water lap at my limbs and I closed my eyes, savouring the quiet peacefulness.

“I hate it when you do that.” I heard Gerard say, but his voice was slightly muffled by the water that was filling my ears.

“Do what?”

“Put up those mental blocks. I can’t hear a thing!” His voice was exasperated.

“Good.” I smirked, reclosing my eyes. “That was kinda the point.”

Abruptly I was yanked underwater and my eyes snapped open. I choked a little on the water that was slowly filling my lungs. I twisted around and saw a grinning Gerard holding me under, the pool lights casting long shadows across his face. My lungs started to burn and I sucked in a large mouthful of water by accident, making the situation even worse.

I struggled out of his grasp and clawed at the surface, taking in great lungfuls of air when I broke it.

Gerard’s head popped up a moment after mine and his arms wrapped around my middle and pulled me towards the shallow end of the pool. Soon enough my toes brushed the cool ceramic tiles and I let out a last sputtering cough; expelling the water from my lungs.

“Jesus.” I panted once I could speak again, “You trying to kill me?”

“I am so sorry Tess!” Gerard was rubbing my shoulders soothingly. “I swear I didn’t mean it! I didn’t know you’d swallow the water!”

“S’okay.” I mumbled once I could talk again. I sucked in as much air as I could and buried my face in my hands, trying to calm my heartbeat, which was now beating wildly.

“You angry with me?” Gerard mumbled, and I looked up at him through my fingers. He looked scared, his eyes were wide and his hands were twitching nervously by this side.

“No.” I breathed out.

“Then look at me.” He pleaded and I dropped my hands from my face, craning my neck upwards slowly so I could look him square in the eye.

Without any warning Gerard’s hands hesitantly placed themselves on my hips, bringing me slightly closer to him. I cocked an eyebrow up at him, extremely confused about what the fuck he was doing. He pulled me even closer to him, so that our chests were touching. I shivered, but I wasn’t sure whether it was due to the coolness of the water or my sudden extreme closeness to Gerard.

I opened my mouth to ask him exactly what his intentions were but I was cut off. Gerard had leant down and captured my lips him his. Raw energy coursed through bloodstream and I froze, my entire body stiffening and the hairs on my neck were standing up straight.

Holy shit.

I was kissing a vampire. A fucking vampire.

And I don’t mind.

All thought was completely gone from my body. All that I could comprehend was Gerard’s arms around me, his lips on mine, the water lapping at our bodies...

I tangled my hands into his damp hair, bringing myself closer to him. I stood up on my tip toes, delighted when Gerard’s left hand slid up to the small of my back, making me bend backwards slightly. His tongue licked my bottom lip hungrily and I parted them slightly, icy shivers running up and down my spine as his tongue wrestled with mine.

Suddenly he yanked himself away from me, his eyes wild and his hair sticking up at odd angles.

“Fuck.” He muttered, and with that he was gone, racing back towards the house at vampire speed, leaving me standing in the shallow end of the pool alone.

Completely alone. I had never felt so pathetic in my life. Tears burnt the corners of my eyes and my body started to shudder wildly, missing his touch. The wholeness I felt in my heart when he held me was gone, and replaced with a stone cold loneliness.

What did I do?

I glumly pulled myself out of the pool and stood by the edge of the pool, water dripping off my body. I couldn’t believe I kissed him back; let him put his filthy vampire hands all over my body. Gerard Way was nothing but a fucking tease, someone who enjoyed gaining someone’s hard earned trust, playing with their emotions, then tossing them away like they were nothing to him.

I have had enough with these fucking vampires! They have been nothing but trouble to me! I angrily scooped up my clothing that lay abandoned by the pools edge and stalked back into the forest in the direction I hoped the house was. I was in no mood to get lost in the woods.

I had been hiking for about five minutes, ever second step tripping over a fallen log or a twig that the darkness hid from my view. I hate Gerard fucking Way. I seethed and my toe began to bleed as I smashed it up against a fallen tree.

I fucking hate him.