Status: Finished {But Please Still Comment}

Infatuated

'Cause Baby I'm Done Pretending That I'm Ever Going To Be Okay With This

The pleasant smell of slightly burnt coffee and iron wafted out from the kitchen, causing my heart rate to speed up in excitement. I buried my body deeper into the warm, fluffy covers, concentrating on Gerard singing softly in the kitchen. Soon his voice lulled me back into a half sleep, and I sighed in contentment, letting my muscles relax and sink back into the springy mattress, the cool night air washing over me from the open window.

I could hear Gerard now creeping down the hallway towards our bedroom, trying to be as quiet as possible. I could hear him though, every soft footstep, the swish of his flannel pyjama pants, his light, racing heartbeat.

He entered the room, and the smell of coffee and iron intensified tenfold. I could feel my mouth start to water and my small canines extend ever so slightly.

“Annabelle,” Gerard said softly, and sat down on the edge of the bed, “Annie love, I know you’re awake.” A knowing smirk was present in his voice.

“No I’m not,” I moaned, and pulled the cover over my head. “I’m still sleeping.”

I heard Gerard chuckled softly then gently pull the warm covers off my small frame.

“Time to get up.” He murmured, his soft lips brushing against my neck, causing pleasant shivers to run down my exposed spine.

“Ten more minutes,” I let out a garbled sigh and flipped over so I was facing Gerard, my eyes still closed. I suddenly jolted upwards as his silky hands trailed down my collar bone and then cupped my breasts softly.

I opened my eyes to see Gerard’s sly smirk settle on his rosy lips. I leant in eagerly, pressing my lips to his, both of us toppling backwards onto our bed. I was nearly straddling him, his hands now on my hips, pulling them towards him eagerly.

“Wait,” He murmured, “Wait, wait.” I hesitantly stopped, staring at him through heavy lidded eyes.

“What?” I whispered, letting my hands trail down his chest and slip under his light shirt. I started to push his shirt upwards, but he grabbed my hands roughly, stopping me.

“I brought you food.” He panted, his eyes involuntarily closing again as he let go of my wrists and I slipped his shirt over his head.

“Is that all?” I murmured, my lips rejoining his, “You stopped cause you brought food?”

Gerard suddenly sat up, grabbing his shirt that I had taken off, slipping it over my head. I was drowning in the soft fabric.

“What’d ya do that for?” I said disappointedly, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Sorry,” He apologized, pressing a sweet kiss to my temple, “I can’t concentrate when I see you like that.”

I rolled my eyes, giggling softly. Gerard reached over to a tray placed on the floor beside the bed and placed it in my lap, smiling proudly.

“You made me breakfast?” I shot him a sunny grin, taking a greedy sip of the steaming coffee. It tasted way better than it should have. I sent Gerard a questioning look.

“I know you’re not comfortable with the idea of hunting yet,” Gerard explained softly, “But you need to get blood someway. So I....”

“Put it in my coffee?” I smirked at him.

“And, uh, in the pancakes.” He gestured to the slightly pink stack of fluffy flapjacks.

“Thanks babe.” I gave him a light peck on the lips, my fangs extending even more as the bloody coffee slipped down my throat with ease. I started on the pancakes next, nearly inhaling them, that’s how good they were. “That was very thoughtful of you.”

“Any time A.B.” He whispered softly, capturing my lips in another soft kiss. He deposited the empty cup and plate on the floor again, then rolled on top of me, hefting his shirt over my head, his eyes twinkling deviously, “Now where’re were we?”

We picked up right where we left off.

***

The midnight moon shone brightly as I walked out into the back yard with Gerard, ready to do some gardening. He gave me a quick peck on the lips then walked over to the patio, sitting down on one of the wooden chairs and pulling out his sketchbook. I smiled fondly at him and tied my hair up in a tight bun, rolling up the sleeves of my denim work shirt.

I worked happily for hours, rearranging the flowers, planting some new tree’s, cutting the over grown grass. Work that usually exhausted the human me had no effect on the new vampiric me, an extreme plus of this situation.

It had been three months since Gerard had tried to kill me. The venom he injected had worked, and I had survived the very painful transformation. For the first couple weeks Gerard could barley look at me, so ashamed of what he had done. We were slowly moving past that though, and things were returning to normal, or as normal as things could be in a situation like this.

As soon as I woke up, I had told Mikey that Silver was going to wake up one day. I wouldn’t tell him- or anybody for that matter- how I knew. I didn’t want them to think I was crazy.

The whole ‘vampire thing’ had taken quite a while to get used to. The speed, the grace, the powers, the thirst of blood....

I still hadn’t gotten used to that last one. I had gone hunting once, and almost killed the homeless man that I had tried to drink from. I hadn’t gone hunting since, and Gerard had found different creative ways to get the needed amount of blood into my system...

...Like spiking my breakfast with it.....

But I was adjusting. Slowly but surely I was coming to terms with the fact that unless somebody shoved a knife through my heart, I would live forever.

***

“I absolutely despise him!” Beck shrieked one evening, storming into my kitchen.

“I’ll take that as my queue to leave.” Gerard said, kissing the top of my head and grabbing his jacket, “I’d better go visit the guys, I haven’t seen them in ages.”

“While your over there, tell Frank that he can go FUCK HIMESLF!” Beck’s voice had reached near hysteria as she sat down beside me, slamming her head on the table. Gerard’s eyes widened in surprise and then nearly ran out of the house.

“Can I offer you a drink?” I asked, trying not to burst out laughing. Sometimes, Beck could be a little bit of.... drama queen.

“God, how did you live with him?” Beck growled, her hands balling into fists.

“Who?” I asked, playing dumb. “Gerard?”

“No.” She seethed, “Frank fucking Iero!”

“I thought you guys were friends?” I questioned.

“NO.” Beck exclaimed, “Absolutely not. He is such a god-damned nuisance! I swear to god, his goal in life is to make mine a living hell!”

Oh, how familiar this situation sounded. I let a knowing smirk slip onto my lips. Frank had the hugest crush on Beck, and I guess this was the way he chose to show it....

“You know what Beck,” I patted her hand soothingly, “Just ignore him for now. I promise you that everything will work out. You never know, you guys could end up together.”

Beck huffed at me and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. “Yeah right Tess.” Beck was the only one who called me that anymore. “Like that’s ever gonna happen.”

I didn’t press the issue any further. I knew what it was like to be in her shoes, to have such strong feelings for someone and not being able to identify them.

But I had faith in both of them. The impossible could happen.

Hell, it had happened to me.

My life used to be miserable. I used to have no friends, and I was bitter and angry at everything I came in contact with. But then came something I had never expected. I had fallen in love, and my world had been turned into a violent rollercoaster ride.

And you know what?

It was worth every god-damned twist and turn.